Poll

Who's better?

I.T.
24 (30.8%)
Irving
54 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Who's Better I.T. or Kyrie Irving? (Added poll)  (Read 8839 times)

Re: Who's Better I.T. or Kyrie Irving? (Added poll)
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2017, 10:22:34 PM »

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
Kyrie is better and younger. He is also relatively healthy unlike IT who is coming off an injury. I don't care about chemistry given that this is basically a brand new team this year. Now would be the perfect time to bring in Kyrie as the C's start to build their new team. Having said all of that, the price for Irving is probably too high so the C's won't make a bid. I wish Ainge could get him though.

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2017, 11:21:28 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
It's a good debate- both sides can be defended. I expect both to be in the top 10 in scoring this year, and both have proven to be clutch shooters. A team should be happy to have either.

Danny realizes that he has a winner in IT. He's getting the max to stay.

I think Kyrie should go west to a team like Denver, LAC, Phoenix, San Antonio, or Minnesota.

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2017, 11:44:33 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Kyrie is better and younger. He is also relatively healthy unlike IT who is coming off an injury. I don't care about chemistry given that this is basically a brand new team this year. Now would be the perfect time to bring in Kyrie as the C's start to build their new team. Having said all of that, the price for Irving is probably too high so the C's won't make a bid. I wish Ainge could get him though.
Irving has a much more concerning injury history.

In their careers (6 years each) kyrie has missed 60 more games than Thomas.

Isaiah has had 1 major injury while Irving has had 2.

In the last 2 years Irving has missed 39 games, Thomas has missed 6.

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Glad there are some posters that still care to actually know what they're talking about.

I think a positive correlation between strength of opinion and lack of knowledge developed around the time Mickey was drafted and continues to go strong.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 02:59:55 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2017, 01:27:29 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
So IT4 is likely better, but Irving SHOULD be better?  Or could be, if he revved up his defensive game?

After reading through and thinking about it, this might be something a consensus might form around.

If it's fairly accurate, trading for KI would be a bet his defense will step up and perhaps some other tweaks and improvements to his game as he enters his prime (yeah, not there yet) - and that he would improve defensively in ways IT just can't. It's one of those tough strategic calls that could be a "good to great" sort of thing.

All of that notwithstanding, The deal breaker for me is helping a rival. I'd only get involved to A) get inside info on possible player movements, and B) if it were to further Cleveland's downfall.

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2017, 09:25:16 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

While I generally agree that Irving has a greater overall injury history, we have to remember that one 'bad' injury is much worse than a bunch of smaller ones (not saying IT has the former). Timing also play a factor here, though. I assume you are only taking regular season games into account; what if IT's injury had occurred in December instead of in the ECF? Would he still be out missing a significant portion of the season and even playoffs? IT would quickly be catching Irving on games missed.

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2017, 03:39:41 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

While I generally agree that Irving has a greater overall injury history, we have to remember that one 'bad' injury is much worse than a bunch of smaller ones (not saying IT has the former). Timing also play a factor here, though. I assume you are only taking regular season games into account; what if IT's injury had occurred in December instead of in the ECF? Would he still be out missing a significant portion of the season and even playoffs? IT would quickly be catching Irving on games missed.
Irving shattered his knee cap in game 1 of the finals so that evens out. He also missed over 20 games at Duke.

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2017, 04:08:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This shows people think Irving is a better player than IT. But......after everything that has come out about Kyrie, I wonder what the poll numbers would be on a question of "Who would you rather have on your team, IT or Irving?" or "Who is a better team mate, IT or Irving?".

I do think Irving is better than IT, not a whole lot better, but better. But I would much rather have to coach IT or have IT as a team mate.

« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 07:04:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Looks like a lot of people are about to be happy

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 07:05:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Isaiah Thomas.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller