Author Topic: Rank 'em: Irving, Lillard, Wall  (Read 4491 times)

Re: Rank 'em: Irving, Lillard, Wall
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2017, 03:32:00 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Wall, Lillard, Irving

Re: Rank 'em: Irving, Lillard, Wall
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Are we overvaluing Wall based on his 2nd round series against the Celtics? He is the best defensive player and playmaker. However, he is the weakest scorer. I would rather have the other two guys in a clutch situation.

Are we undervaluing Lillard since we don't see him as often? Elite scorer and clutch player. Has been the leader for Portland since day 1 and is the most durable.

Irving is also an elite scorer and clutch player. But can he lead a team being the number 1 option?

One disadvantage that Irving has in this comparison, is that Wall and Lillard are clearly the best players on their respective teams. Even though Irving deserves to be mentioned in this comparison, he is overshadowed by one of the greatest players in the history on the game.

One complaint against Irving is his durability as compared to the other guys. Since I don't follow the Cavs, I'm not sure if the games he has missed are more due to injuries or rest. Wall and Lillard need to play to help their teams in the regular season for seeding purposes, where their teams are hoping to make it past a round or two. Cleveland does not share that same concern because their more focused on their long playoff run and winning a title.

Lillard, Irving, Wall
I don't think wer're overvaluing Wall at all.  And I don't see how he's far and away the worse scorer?  Kyrie and Lillard are better shooters but Wall is improved in that area.  He is bigger and faster and attacks the rim almost at will.

Those 3 guys are overall, so close talent wise, that it seems very odd for only 2 people to not vote Wall #1. I didn't say Wall was far and away the worse scorer. I just basically mentioned that he was #3 as a scorer out of the three. He has improved as a shooter, but that doesn't mean he's on par with Irving and Lillard.
I understand what you mean but sometimes, even when the difference is small, it is still clear.  I'd take Wall because he is the more athletic anomaly that is also the better PG.  Average 10 assists per game and is a better defender.

Is he way better than the other two?  Perhaps not but I, and many others, think he is clearly first.