Author Topic: Stephen A. Smith threatens to go nuclear on Lebron & leak "real story vs Boston"  (Read 8794 times)

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Even if smith is lying, gotta admit its pretty funny all this drama he's adding to this situation lol
The hits just keep on coming this offseason.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Even if smith is lying, gotta admit its pretty funny all this drama he's adding to this situation lol

I don't think it's funny at all. He leaves the dirt up to speculation, defames the character of a superstar and then runs and hides. In reality, the Dirtbag is Stephen A. Smith. 

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I don't think it's funny at all. He leaves the dirt up to speculation, defames the character of a superstar and then runs and hides. In reality, the Dirtbag is Stephen A. Smith.

Why can't they both be dirtbags? Gotta admit, I enjoy seeing LeBron dragged through the mud.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Absolutely nothing can be drawn from that.  The only incidents were the Love and Crowder injuries.  Saltlover will know.  He always knows.

So I'm not going to comment on this, except to tell a story.

Almost 15 years ago I had an opportunity to talk to Ben Cherington for a bit, back when I was trying in vain to enter the baseball scouting and front office world.  One thing I remember from that conversation is that when you hear of weird injuries, it'a most likely a cover story.  For example, there was a time a player was injured in a hotel room by stepping on a glass he left beside his bed -- suffice it to say, that wasn't how the real story went, and the public version was for the benefit of his wife.  These sorts of indescretions were not uncommon, as were a whole host of other beahvior that never made it to the public, because everyone keeps their mouth shut.

When you see Stephen A. Smith mention Woj and other reporters, it's this type of stuff that he's talking about.  Everyone has a lot of dirt that never gets shared, because of an unspoken rule.  But the rule goes both ways, and LeBron might be close to crossing that line.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Absolutely nothing can be drawn from that.  The only incidents were the Love and Crowder injuries.  Saltlover will know.  He always knows.

Almost 15 years ago I had an opportunity to talk to Ben Cherington for a bit, back when I was trying in vain to enter the baseball scouting and front office world.  One thing I remember from that conversation is that when you hear of weird injuries, it'a most likely a cover story.  For example, there was a time a player was injured in a hotel room by stepping on a glass he left beside his bed -- suffice it to say, that wasn't how the real story went, and the public version was for the benefit of his wife.  These sorts of indescretions were not uncommon, as were a whole host of other beahvior that never made it to the public, because everyone keeps their mouth shut.

When you see Stephen A. Smith mention Woj and other reporters, it's this type of stuff that he's talking about.  Everyone has a lot of dirt that never gets shared, because of an unspoken rule.  But the rule goes both ways, and LeBron might be close to crossing that line.

Well this adds further intrigue...

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
He was clearly talking about James' first stint in Cleveland, but those type of statements are a good way for Smith to lose whatever contacts he may have.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Why can't they both be dirtbags? Gotta admit, I enjoy seeing LeBron dragged through the mud.

I don't enjoy seeing it at all. There's a fake narrative out there that Lebron is a dirtbag. It's become cool to trash the guy. I think it's a little sad. I think the Lebron haters are similar to the Brady haters- they are willing to miss the forest for the trees.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Does anyone believe anything that dirtbag says? He could claim the Earth was round and I'd be waiting for better sources.

You won't get it from Kyrie LOL.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Salty never disappoints.  Great post, wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that you're Billy Beane.

I don't enjoy seeing it at all. There's a fake narrative out there that Lebron is a dirtbag. It's become cool to trash the guy. I think it's a little sad. I think the Lebron haters are similar to the Brady haters- they are willing to miss the forest for the trees.

I can't appreciate a lot of things about him that I've never wavered from: The Decision, his personality (incredibly vain, disrespectful, lack of insight), the way he plays the game (constant whining, flopping, overrated [bully-ball, poor shooter, lives on offensive fouls, and def not even 2nd best of all time]), the way he treats coaches (shouldered 2 coaches, got the third fired) and teammates (forever points the finger when things go awry).  I hate that he seems incapable of speaking proper English beyond 4-5 word fragments.  His "Chosen One" tattoo on his back -- chosen what, top 5-ish of all time?  And the fact that he has clearly abused PEDs, whether you want to admit it or not.  We speculate when we diagnose Alzheimer's disease, it's technically impossible prior to autopsy, and yet we are [dang] good at catching it many years before it fully manifests.  He's been bloated with PEDs for years and is completely reliant upon his athleticism to dominate basketball.  I'm not impressed by that.

Hater implies that I'm jealous of him, his success, etc.  There are a lot of professional athletes that I enjoy watching and respect as people.  LeBron James has and will never been one of them.  You and moranis are entitled to your own opinions.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 10:57:24 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I think SAS is hinting that LeBron is manipulating this current situation to his own ends; it has been theorized his camp leaked the news that Kyrie wants to be traded; this could be to drive Kyrie's trade value down and make Kyrie look like the bad guy.

In the meanwhile LeBron gets to either build the team he wants in Cle, or leave for greener pastures, blaming Kyrie for fracturing a championship core.

It is possible LeBron saw the writing on the wall in 2010 and acted similarly.

I despise SAS, but I wouldn't sell him short here. LeBron is a manipulative snake.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Where is the popcorn??

Anybody ever seen a media personnel act like this towards a big time athlete before?  ;D

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Salty never disappoints.  Great post, wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that you're Billy Beane.

I can't appreciate a lot of things about him that I've never wavered from: The Decision, his personality (incredibly vain, disrespectful, lack of insight), the way he plays the game (constant whining, flopping, overrated [bully-ball, poor shooter, lives on offensive fouls, and def not even 2nd best of all time]), the way he treats coaches (shouldered 2 coaches, got the third fired) and teammates (forever points the finger when things go awry).  I hate that he seems incapable of speaking proper English beyond 4-5 word fragments.  His "Chosen One" tattoo on his back -- chosen what, top 5-ish of all time?  And the fact that he has clearly abused PEDs, whether you want to admit it or not.  We speculate when we diagnose Alzheimer's disease, it's technically impossible prior to autopsy, and yet we are [dang] good at catching it many years before it fully manifests.  He's been bloated with PEDs for years and is completely reliant upon his athleticism to dominate basketball.  I'm not impressed by that.

Hater implies that I'm jealous of him, his success, etc.  There are a lot of professional athletes that I enjoy watching and respect as people.  LeBron James has and will never been one of them.  You and moranis are entitled to your own opinions.

TP tar, great post that pretty much sums up my position on Bron Bron.

Glad Kyrie has said he doesn't want to play with him. Glad SAS is calling him out too! People are finally telling the emperor he has no clothes on. I hope a lot more pile on.

And the"haters" thing is a bunch of crap.

It implies not just envy as you suggest, but an irrational, unjustified, baseless dislike for someone.

There's plenty to dislike from my perspective on the guy too.

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Where is the popcorn??

Anybody ever seen a media personnel act like this towards a big time athlete before?  ;D

Yes, and it's had consequences. Exhibit A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8pAZ75WKh8

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

How do you know he's not a dirt bag? I've never met the guy but I know Four people that have met him and been around him and they all have a story about what a jerk he was.

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville