Author Topic: Stephen A. Smith threatens to go nuclear on Lebron & leak "real story vs Boston"  (Read 8799 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
After Lebron said that Stephen A smiths story wasn't true:

“Sometimes LeBron gets on my last nerves and within the last couple of hours, he most certainly has,” Smith said on his afternoon podcast. “And I’ll be the first to say to you, you better understand something ladies and gentleman and it’s not just applicable to me. It’s applicable to the great Adrian Wojnarowski, Marc Stein, the Ric Bucher’s of the world, the Chris Broussard’s of the world. We never report everything we know… We do exercise decorum and professionalism and we do make a concerted effort to try to quell whatever biases may exist inside of us as human beings. But I gotta tell ya’ll there are some moments when professional athletes literally tempt you to go nuclear on them. And I stand here before you today right in that zone with LeBron James.

“What if I got into the REAL story of what happened with LeBron James against Boston the year before — or that spring when he decided to leave Cleveland and take his talents to South Beach? But we don’t want to get into that.”
Source: http://m.espn.com/general/play?id=20155308
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:53:13 PM by CelticsElite »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
FUN!
Diggles

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
So i haven't the slightest clue what he's referencing.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Absolutely nothing can be drawn from that.  The only incidents were the Love and Crowder injuries.  Saltlover will know.  He always knows.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
do tell us the real story vs Boston

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Stephen A Smith is a turd.

"I'm not going to tell you X,Y,Z". Instead, he creates some type of fake drama without any proof. I'm not sure that it's his job to be TMZ- its his choice. "We do exercise professionalism"?

Being a keyboard warrior doesn't seem very professional. He should say that stuff to Lebron to his face.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Sounds like the 2010 ECSF series we beat them in and LeBron leaving for Miami afterward. The implication is probably that he lost on purpose or quit on his teammates or some nonsense like that.

I will say one of Smith's few actual scoops was calling LeBron+Bosh to Miami before anyone else. So he might have some kind of info. But who cares til he actually offers something.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
and this guy gets paid millions of dollars for this BS? Grow up already.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Sounds like the 2010 ECSF series we beat them in and LeBron leaving for Miami afterward. The implication is probably that he lost on purpose or quit on his teammates or some nonsense like that.

I will say one of Smith's few actual scoops was calling LeBron+Bosh to Miami before anyone else. So he might have some kind of info. But who cares til he actually offers something.

Yeah I think he is referencing the "Lebron Quit" narrative that was popular at the time.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Cav's are imploding. LeBron is loosing control and it must be driving him crazy.

Nothing positive can come of this Kyrie thing, unless he actually stays put.

Unless the Cav's trade for an All-star guard of equal value, to seamlessly take his place, this has disruption written all over it. They can't trade for a wing player without ridding themselves of Love...LeBron certainly isn't going anywhere. That kind of nixes a trade for Melo.

Other than Cousins going to Cleveland, from the Pelicans that involves trading Thompson and Irving. The Cavs look to be in a confused state.   

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Even Irving staying could be a disaster for the franchise.  I know it's early but I'm pretty close to counting Cleveland out.  They're going to be Team Turmoil and could also be sporting a less talented roster.

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Sounds like he's talking about the 2010 rumor that Delonte West slept with LeBron's mom, causing LeBron to quit in that series.

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I kinda suspect this isn't really aimed at us. I can't say whether Smith or Bron is more honest or believable person or who has more integrity. But I suspect maybe a bunch of people with sports know. So then stuff goes down.

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Does anyone believe anything that dirtbag says? He could claim the Earth was round and I'd be waiting for better sources.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Even if smith is lying, gotta admit its pretty funny all this drama he's adding to this situation lol