Author Topic: Wiggins For Irving should happen  (Read 3263 times)

Re: Wiggins For Irving should happen
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Eventhough Kyrie is a better player, a more dynamic force, and proven player, Im not sure that I would trade Wiggins for him. Trading Teague and Wiggins for Kyrie would be an upgrade on a star talent level but when I look at the Warriors I dont see the value in trading for Irving.

Wiggins and Butler at least give you a chance to keep Thompson and Durant honest. KAT matches up with Green and obviously they would be at a disadvantage with Curry but I think you can find some defensive players easier than you can get a wing even of the flawed talent that is Wiggins.

Lastly, as Im looking at the numbers I dont see making 6'3 and under scoring guards your leading scorers on a title team. I can think of 3 times a guy that size has been the lead dog on a title team in 30 years Curry 3 years ago and Isiah Thomas. That's it. These players have value but as history has proven wings and bigs have ruled the league no matter how positionless it gets.

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2017, 06:16:04 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Eventhough Kyrie is a better player, a more dynamic force, and proven player, Im not sure that I would trade Wiggins for him. Trading Teague and Wiggins for Kyrie would be an upgrade on a star talent level but when I look at the Warriors I dont see the value in trading for Irving.

Wiggins and Butler at least give you a chance to keep Thompson and Durant honest. KAT matches up with Green and obviously they would be at a disadvantage with Curry but I think you can find some defensive players easier than you can get a wing even of the flawed talent that is Wiggins.

Lastly, as Im looking at the numbers I dont see making 6'3 and under scoring guards your leading scorers on a title team. I can think of 3 times a guy that size has been the lead dog on a title team in 30 years Curry 3 years ago and Isiah Thomas. That's it. These players have value but as history has proven wings and bigs have ruled the league no matter how positionless it gets.

Your forgetting that Town's could be the best player on the team. Irving is the second option and When Butler is your third option your in great shape no matter who is the first.

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 01:11:09 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown

Your forgetting that Town's could be the best player on the team. Irving is the second option and When Butler is your third option your in great shape no matter who is the first.

No Im not forgetting about Towns being the best player. As you stated Irving would be the 2nd option which is an issue in Cleveland. Now you could say well at least he would have the ball in his hands vs the current situation which is fair.

I agree they would be a better team but is that a team that could beat the Warriors in the next 2 - 4 years and my answer would be no. Its not much structurally different than the situation he would be leaving. You need multiple wings to play with the Warriors and trading for a 6'3 scoring guard does not address that hence my hesitancy.

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 01:33:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

No Im not forgetting about Towns being the best player. As you stated Irving would be the 2nd option which is an issue in Cleveland. Now you could say well at least he would have the ball in his hands vs the current situation which is fair.

I agree they would be a better team but is that a team that could beat the Warriors in the next 2 - 4 years and my answer would be no. Its not much structurally different than the situation he would be leaving. You need multiple wings to play with the Warriors and trading for a 6'3 scoring guard does not address that hence my hesitancy.

The Wolves are a LONG way away from competing for anything. I am the biggest non believer in the Wolves. Every year is supposed to be there Year, and it never is.

Irving and Butter are buddies and that means a lot. The wolves are a 31 win team last year, Only 36 games away from first place. They should focus on just being better.

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

The Wolves are a LONG way away from competing for anything. I am the biggest non believer in the Wolves. Every year is supposed to be there Year, and it never is.

Irving and Butter are buddies and that means a lot. The wolves are a 31 win team last year, Only 36 games away from first place. They should focus on just being better.
Come on, they added Butler and Teague.  To act like they are the same team they were last year is just silly.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 03:09:09 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Good 3's are harder to acquire than good PG's IMO. I'd rather Wiggins.

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
They added Crawford and Gibson too. They arent the same team as last year. Again Im not saying its their year Im saying i would hesitate to trade Wiggins for Irving simply because wings are more valuable and 6'8 wings are important when playing against the Warriors.