Author Topic: 2017-2018 Anthony Davis season Watch Thread  (Read 18538 times)

Re: 2017-2018 Anthony Davis season Watch Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2018, 09:52:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2912
  • On To Banner 18!
Honestly, I like Tatum so much, I have a hard time imagining a scenario where I'd be satisfied with a trade that saw him (or Jay Brown for that matter) leave town.

It's hard really.

Then again, I felt that way about most of last year's team and practically the entire team got traded  :laugh:

I don't see AD getting moved for the next year, but IF the Pelicans have a mediocre year next season AND the Pelicans don't have another true star paired with Davis (maybe Cousins walks this summer?), I could see AD getting moved the summer of 2019 for assets (in which case, maybe our Kings Pick can come in handy in creating a package!)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2018, 10:36:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
36 pts, 14 rbs, 5 stls, 5 blks   right now heading into OT.  The absurd part isn't the line, but that this type of explosion is fairly routine for him. 

Edit: Won the game.  Finished with 45 / 17 / 5 / 5 / 2.  Shot 50%, 10-11 FTs.  Just 2 TOs with what was probably a 247% usage rate.  What an animal.  I'd trade my happiest childhood memories for him. 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:09:38 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2018, 09:19:07 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Anthony Davis last 5 games...

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

Get to work, Danny. Get to work.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2018, 09:36:29 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

Why would he come here? Pelicans future as good as ours especially if Cousins returns healthy.

« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2018, 09:40:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

Why would he come here? Pelicans future as good as ours especially if Cousins returns healthy.

Yeah, and it's encouraging that they are winning games at the moment without Cousins. That said, it's also kind of impressive how Anthony Davis has these kind of games and yet most of their wins are just OT wins or wins by less than 3 points, even to bad teams.

But.. they are getting it done still and I don't see him leaving for *at least* another year.

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

Pelicans future as good as ours?  Not even close.  They were mediocre with Cousins, their cap situation is restrictive, and they have no up and coming players.

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2018, 11:46:19 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

Pelicans future as good as ours?  Not even close.  They were mediocre with Cousins, their cap situation is restrictive, and they have no up and coming players.

I honestly think the worst thing that could have happened was Cousins getting a season ending injury because it introduced a what-if-factor. They were starting to play better together and given Boogie is done for the season, Davis I'm sure will want to give next season another try, but if they would have either missed the playoffs or get destroyed by Houston/GSW with a healthy Cousins then it would have been obvious for Davis that he needed to move on.

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2018, 12:48:06 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

I honestly think the worst thing that could have happened was Cousins getting a season ending injury because it introduced a what-if-factor. They were starting to play better together and given Boogie is done for the season, Davis I'm sure will want to give next season another try, but if they would have either missed the playoffs or get destroyed by Houston/GSW with a healthy Cousins then it would have been obvious for Davis that he needed to move on.
i don’t think Davis is willing to wait

During an appearance on ESPN’s “The Jump,” Davis explained that he’s heard of star players like Kevin Garnett expressing regret for waiting too long to move on to a better situation suited for success. While Davis doesn’t appear overly concerned about the Pelicans’ future, it’s clear he’s wondered if the grass is greener on the other side.

“When you hear that, it makes you think. I’m not going to lie, it makes you think because you wonder if you’re following in that same path,” Davis said. “But then again, you be like, ‘This year could be the year.’ You don’t know. So you just got to take it year-by-year and just see. See where the team is going, what direction they want to go to, and just see where they’re headed.”

He’s already bringing up KG. It seems he doesn’t want to end up on the tail end of his prime chasing.

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2018, 01:31:37 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

During an appearance on ESPN’s “The Jump,” Davis explained that he’s heard of star players like Kevin Garnett expressing regret for waiting too long to move on to a better situation suited for success. While Davis doesn’t appear overly concerned about the Pelicans’ future, it’s clear he’s wondered if the grass is greener on the other side.

“When you hear that, it makes you think. I’m not going to lie, it makes you think because you wonder if you’re following in that same path,” Davis said. “But then again, you be like, ‘This year could be the year.’ You don’t know. So you just got to take it year-by-year and just see. See where the team is going, what direction they want to go to, and just see where they’re headed.”

He’s already bringing up KG. It seems he doesn’t want to end up on the tail end of his prime chasing.

You DO know, Anthony Davis. You DO know you will NOT get past the Big 4 of the Golden State Warriors, the deadly guard duos of the Houston Rockets, the reformed Big 3 of the OKC Thunder, and the young Minnesota Timberwolves on the horizon and other teams in the West. You will NOT with Rajon Rondo, Jrue Holiday, and E'twaun Moore on your team besides the cancerous Boogie.

Come to the east. Come join Boston. That is your only shot at winning a title and being relevant for years to come  ;D

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2018, 01:47:15 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616

44/17/2/6/3, W
38/10/1/1/2, W
42/15/3/3/2, W
45/17/2/5/5, W
27/13/1/2/2, W

You DO know, Anthony Davis. You DO know you will NOT get past the Big 4 of the Golden State Warriors, the deadly guard duos of the Houston Rockets, the reformed Big 3 of the OKC Thunder, and the young Minnesota Timberwolves on the horizon and other teams in the West. You will NOT with Rajon Rondo, Jrue Holiday, and E'twaun Moore on your team besides the cancerous Boogie.

Come to the east. Come join Boston. That is your only shot at winning a title and being relevant for years to come  ;D

Hang on, isn't that decision up to the Pels brass? Don't think he has a no-trade clause. Or are you saying he should Kyrie-it out of there in the media?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2018, 12:00:59 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL

Even if AD was traded to Boston this summer or next year's deadline.

The likely trade that would work in terms of matching salary is Brown, Morris, Rozier, Yabusele, Nader AND (possibly) Ojeyele FOR JUST Davis. Then of course, the Kings Pick + 1-2 more first rounders.

Is he really worth all that? That seems to gut our team. What's our team after that trade. Fantastic starting lineup w/healthy Hayward, BUT likely a horrid bench that lacks depth and not having many options to add to it unless guys are willing to play on vet. minimum contracts.

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2018, 01:00:53 PM »

Offline CelticsQuestFor18

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 27
COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL

The likely trade that would work in terms of matching salary is Brown, Morris, Rozier, Yabusele, Nader AND (possibly) Ojeyele FOR JUST Davis. Then of course, the Kings Pick + 1-2 more first rounders.

Is he really worth all that? That seems to gut our team. What's our team after that trade. Fantastic starting lineup w/healthy Hayward, BUT likely a horrid bench that lacks depth and not having many options to add to it unless guys are willing to play on vet. minimum contracts.

Hate to say it, but NOP would probably want back BOTH Brown + Tatum.

That would probably allow you to keep all of Rozier, Ojeyele and Nader, but Tatum is easily way better than those 3 and has such a tremendous future ahead.

But I hope the Pelicans would accept some package headlined by (Brown OR Tatum, not both) + 2019 Kings Pick. But we'll have to wait and hope Pelicans are mediocre next year (maybe Cousins goes elsewhere this summer)

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2018, 02:06:05 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL

That would probably allow you to keep all of Rozier, Ojeyele and Nader, but Tatum is easily way better than those 3 and has such a tremendous future ahead.

But I hope the Pelicans would accept some package headlined by (Brown OR Tatum, not both) + 2019 Kings Pick. But we'll have to wait and hope Pelicans are mediocre next year (maybe Cousins goes elsewhere this summer)

They would probably insist on Tatum. My question is, are we going to have four big max contracts with Irving, Hayward, Davis and Horford?   

« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2018, 10:35:02 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He's just taunting us at this point.  Tonight: 53 pts, 17 reb, 5 blk, 3 ast, 1 stl.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2018, 10:39:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL

They would probably insist on Tatum. My question is, are we going to have four big max contracts with Irving, Hayward, Davis and Horford?

Honestly if Davis keeps putting up these monstrous stat lines...I'd have to reluctantly give up both Tatum and Brown, not one or the other lol. Hayward got the 3 covered when he returns.

Of course, if it was one or the other then I'd quickly give 'em Brown.