Author Topic: 2017-2018 Anthony Davis season Watch Thread  (Read 18660 times)

Re: 2017-2018 Anthony Davis/ NO Pelicans Season Watch Thread
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2017, 01:56:27 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Demarcus Cousins has got to be the biggest statpadding cancer I've seen in the league in a number of years.
i agree. The nuggets were scoring in the paint at will. Lol. And in the perimeter too but cousins just stood there. I’m sure he’s a very coachable guy. Haha

1. The constant sooking and look on his face. Today was no different. It can't be fun to be his teammate.

2. Turns into the slowest man on earth when running back on defense if he doesn't get a foul call he wants. Sometimes just randomly falls over behind the baseline to accentuate how little he wants to get back.

3. The pointless foul trouble and technicals. Today was no different. Almost tried to get himself in foul trouble a second time when davis left the game.

4. The pathetic effort on defense when he knows the game is lost. Great example to set as a leader.

5. When he was on the bench after the first foul trouble, Holiday scores a bucket to cut the lead to single figures. His whole team goes up on the bench, except for cousins who just sits there sulking.

Get the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. off my TV screen already. So glad the celtics didnt get sucked in to trading for that moron.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2017, 02:07:01 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Demarcus Cousins has got to be the biggest statpadding cancer I've seen in the league in a number of years.
i agree. The nuggets were scoring in the paint at will. Lol. And in the perimeter too but cousins just stood there. I’m sure he’s a very coachable guy. Haha

1. The constant sooking and look on his face. Today was no different. It can't be fun to be his teammate.

2. Turns into the slowest man on earth when running back on defense if he doesn't get a foul call he wants. Sometimes just randomly falls over behind the baseline to accentuate how little he wants to get back.

3. The pointless foul trouble and technicals. Today was no different. Almost tried to get himself in foul trouble a second time when davis left the game.

4. The pathetic effort on defense when he knows the game is lost. Great example to set as a leader.

5. When he was on the bench after the first foul trouble, Holiday scores a bucket to cut the lead to single figures. His whole team goes up on the bench, except for cousins who just sits there sulking.

Get the **** off my TV screen already. So glad the celtics didnt get sucked in to trading for that moron.
what are your thoughts on fans on this board who always ask to trade all our assets for cousins? I think it needs to end he's overrated

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 02:34:30 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Get the **** off my TV screen already. So glad the celtics didnt get sucked in to trading for that moron.
what are your thoughts on fans on this board who always ask to trade all our assets for cousins? I think it needs to end he's overrated

My opinion hasnt changed on Cousins for years.

I don't think New Orleans got the bargain that everyone thought they did and they should trade him now for whatever the best package is that they can get.

I dont see the point of allocating so much of the basketball and running so much offense through a center that is shooting well below average for his position, and doesn't get the ball moving. Everyone froths over the massive statlines and getting the guy to do half the work but having him doing it isn't actually good for the team's efficiency.

When he and Davis aren't there to run everything, of course the rest of the team is going to be a disaster. They never get a chance to get many touches of the basketball. This leaves cousins with amazing on/off splits because whenever he and Davis are out of the game, there is no system.

In terms of Davis vs Cousins, its not even a contest for who is the better piece, and I dont believe they have a good shot of working together at all.

New Orleans are 8-7 and their wins have come against powerhouses like Atlanta, Indiana, Chicago, Dallas, Sacramento, and the Lakers. When their schedule actually gets a little hard, wait for demarcus and co to melt like he always does.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:04:38 AM by jdz101 »

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 04:12:01 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

My opinion hasnt changed on Cousins for years.

I don't think New Orleans got the bargain that everyone thought they did and they should trade him now for whatever the best package is that they can get.

I dont see the point of allocating so much of the basketball and running so much offense through a center that is shooting well below average for his position, and doesn't get the ball moving. Everyone froths over the massive statlines and getting the guy to do half the work but having him doing it isn't actually good for the team's efficiency.

When he and Davis aren't there to run everything, of course the rest of the team is going to be a disaster. They never get a chance to get many touches of the basketball. This leaves cousins with amazing on/off splits because whenever he and Davis are out of the game, there is no system.

In terms of Davis vs Cousins, its not even a contest for who is the better piece, and I dont believe they have a good shot of working together at all.

New Orleans are 8-7 and their wins have come against powerhouses like Atlanta, Indiana, Chicago, Dallas, Sacramento, and the Lakers. When their schedule actually gets a little hard, wait for demarcus and co to melt like he always does.

I soured in DMC when he got traded. It really made me question what people in the know really knew about him. For him to get traded for what many perceived as pennies on the dollar, his value was clearly lower than us fans expected.

If the guy was such a hot commodity, teams would have been throwing big offers out there for him, including and probably especially Danny. Since he could’ve blasted the Pelicans offer out of the water, I trust he didn’t for a reason. And nothing DMC/NOP has done since the trade has changed my opinion.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 04:48:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Do we really need to have the same conversation about DMC twice per each of the last 5 seasons?
Good thing is that Boogie is a big factor in the future "ADrama".
I hope Davis will be well. These head injuries should not be taken lightly. He has to live some healthy 50 years after his playing days.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:06:50 AM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 11:54:20 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21451822/new-orleans-pelicans-forward-anthony-davis-suffers-concussion-denver-nuggets

Davis gets 3rd career concussion

Man, the guy is just injury-prone it seems.

With the way Tatum and Brown are playing, I think we should just be wise enough to trek on and just bring back a healthy Hayward next year, and HOPEFULLY another Top-5 pick.

Matching salaries or close to it will be difficult anyways with AD.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 06:03:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21451822/new-orleans-pelicans-forward-anthony-davis-suffers-concussion-denver-nuggets

Davis gets 3rd career concussion

Man, the guy is just injury-prone it seems.

With the way Tatum and Brown are playing, I think we should just be wise enough to trek on and just bring back a healthy Hayward next year, and HOPEFULLY another Top-5 pick.

Matching salaries or close to it will be difficult anyways with AD.
agree

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2017, 11:30:36 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
left last game with a groin injury

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2017, 11:34:07 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

I wonder when people will stop dreaming of Anthony Davis being the person that puts us over the edge

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2017, 12:17:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

I wonder when people will stop dreaming of Anthony Davis being the person that puts us over the edge

I originally thought it, but now I'm starting to think the guy is just way too injury-prone.

Plus, Tatum and Brown look great so far, though I'd still trade Jaylen+ for Davis if the offer was made (and keep Tatum), but yeah I wouldn't give up both in a deal.

But again, he's proving to be injury prone.

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 11:49:39 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
But again, he's proving to be injury prone.

John Schuhmann posted AD's NBA missed games  :o

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/938074454621655042

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 11:13:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Nvm
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:42:41 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: 2017-2018 Anthony Davis season Watch Thread
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2018, 05:48:13 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Cousins' injury also put the Pelicans in a predicament when it comes to Davis' future. He is signed for three more season but has said publicly that he wants to win. And Cousins is set to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Davis said that hearing former players such as Kevin Garnett express regret about not asking sooner for a trade to a more competitive franchise has made him think.

"It makes you think, 'cause you're wondering if you're following in that same path," he said. "But then again, you're like, 'This year could be the year.'

"So, just got to take it year by year and just see, and see where the team is going, what direction they want to go to and just see where their head is."
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22517944/anthony-davis-says-new-orleans-pelicans-made-nba-finals-demarcus-cousins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TJS52KsNAjc
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:08:17 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2018, 06:35:08 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Cousins' injury also put the Pelicans in a predicament when it comes to Davis' future. He is signed for three more season but has said publicly that he wants to win. And Cousins is set to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason.

Davis said that hearing former players such as Kevin Garnett express regret about not asking sooner for a trade to a more competitive franchise has made him think.

"It makes you think, 'cause you're wondering if you're following in that same path," he said. "But then again, you're like, 'This year could be the year.'

"So, just got to take it year by year and just see, and see where the team is going, what direction they want to go to and just see where their head is."
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22517944/anthony-davis-says-new-orleans-pelicans-made-nba-finals-demarcus-cousins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TJS52KsNAjc

His salary is a problem in creating a trade though.

Don't want to give up Horford (I've explained why in NUMEROUS Davis threads in the past), but also don't want to give up BOTH Tatum + Brown (which might have to occur for a deal to happen I believe in terms of matching salaries).

I mean, I'd LOVE Davis, but I'm being a bit realistic too.

:(

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2018, 07:35:09 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Davis not going anywhere
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin