Author Topic: celts have serious muscle  (Read 1805 times)

celts have serious muscle
« on: July 24, 2017, 06:31:22 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Yabusele,Ojeleye,Crowder,Jaylen,Smart,Marcus Morris and Baynes-
i forgot our 20 yr old center--
this is some serious strength bearing down in transition

Re: celts have serious muscle
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 01:45:56 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I know right, your guys are so beefy. hopefully that does't hurt us defensively.
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 02:36:51 PM »

Online Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Rollie,

I'm not impressed...

Yabusele didn't do anything special on the boards last summer that impressed me.

Ojeleye,Crowder,Jaylen,Smart,Marcus are all good to fair rebounders for their height.
Morris and Baynes might be our best rebounders...although neither is elite.

Rebounding will likely be an issue next season. We lost our second best rebounder in Avery....We may have gained some ground....not a lot. 

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 05:33:22 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Rollie,

I'm not impressed...

Yabusele didn't do anything special on the boards last summer that impressed me.

Ojeleye,Crowder,Jaylen,Smart,Marcus are all good to fair rebounders for their height.

Rebounding will likely be an issue next season. We lost our second best rebounder in Avery....We may have gained some ground....not a lot.
I don't see serious muscle, but better than last year.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133
Rollie,

I'm not impressed...

I don't see serious muscle, but better than last year.
In fairness, Rollie's post didn't mention rebounding but rather transition play. I agree none of them are truly "elite" rebounders in that sense of the word, but in total they're pretty good across the board. While we may only make a minor improvement on the boards, we were something like 26th in rebounding last year and STILL finished with the one seed + a trip to the ECF despite being so weak on the boards. It'll be interesting to see how much better we are with improved rebounding and with the addition of much needed shot creation in Hayward and Tatum.