Author Topic: Bol Bol: 7'4", 49% from 3pt. Top 2 recruit for 2019 draft  (Read 4448 times)

Bol Bol: 7'4", 49% from 3pt. Top 2 recruit for 2019 draft
« on: July 24, 2017, 01:27:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
MVP of the Nike EYBL season. During spring recruiting season, he shot greater than 50% from 3.  :o  he ended with 49%. he's shooting 48.9% (22-45) from three over the EYBL with good arc, most of his makes don't hit the rim. I would find a better word than "decent".

Listed at 7'2 but he already grew taller

Will probably come into NBA in 2019 draft.

https://youtu.be/2pYPvehUe34
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 01:56:28 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: Bol Bol: 7'4 tall. Shoots 49% from 3. Top 4 recruit class of 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 01:31:33 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
It looks like Bol Bol can ball ball!

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Not impressed. He's a twig, so why doesn't anybody put a body on him? He's a lumbering giant, so why does he get easy points in transition? Didn't see anything in that video, besides his height of course, which predicts NBA success.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 11:29:59 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
He's a nice athlete for a guy that height, but I don't see it.

IMO, he's just a better version of his father. Super tall guys like him are almost never able to stay healthy.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 11:38:52 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
It's disturbing how much he looks like his father.

Of course, he's considerably more athletic and skilled, even at this young age. I'm skeptical his body can hold though. He makes Porzingis look like Shaq.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 12:58:21 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
Awkward body analysis:

He has extremely narrow shoulders. Even if he put on significant weight, he'll end up looking like peak Joakim Noah in a best case scenario.

Good news is he has a pretty decent amount of muscle mass in his hips and butt, so theoretically he has some decent stability and core. If he fills out his quads, he should be okay.

Bad news is his hips are like 5 feet above the ground, limiting his strength in the post. He'll never get his center-of-gravity lower than his defender, pretty big detriment to his leverage to push defenders around.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 01:19:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He has extremely narrow shoulders. Even if he put on significant weight, he'll end up looking like peak Joakim Noah in a best case scenario.
You know who his father is, right? Here he is, in action, for the benefit of our younger readers;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7GSl2sLFY
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
You know who his father is, right? Here he is, in action, for the benefit of our younger readers;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL7GSl2sLFY

I just meant physically... and with the benefit of modern sports medicine/weight training. Noah as a senior at Florida had 0 shoulder width
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/bulls/noah2_071003.jpg

Manute looked like he didnt gain any weight in his entire career.
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 02:34:05 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
IMO, he's just a better version of his father. Super tall guys like him are almost never able to stay healthy.

It seems you didn't see his father play or don't remember him well. Until he was 30, he played more than 70 games in every season, plus playoffs. That's not "almost never able to stay healthy".

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 02:43:45 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Who wouldn't want a better version of his father?  Manute seemed like he may have been a really good guy - sad that he's gone so young and didn't get to see his children grow up -- all 10 of them!

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 02:58:10 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Who wouldn't want a better version of his father?  Manute seemed like he may have been a really good guy - sad that he's gone so young and didn't get to see his children grow up -- all 10 of them!

I don't know that a better version of Manute as a ceiling is something to get excited about in a prospect, but I don't understand the obsession here with really tall guys either.

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 03:05:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I don't know that a better version of Manute as a ceiling is something to get excited about in a prospect, but I don't understand the obsession here with really tall guys either.
. This guy is top 4 player, 5-star recruit of his class for clear reasons, he's a great player.
If the Lakers pick doesn't work out this year, we might be working out Bol in 2 years

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 03:26:42 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Good rule of thumb is to avoid players his size. Freakishly tall players almost always have injury problems.

And no, a better version of his father is not something to get excited about. Other than great shotblocking, his father couldn't do much else.

He has some skills, but I just don't see a lot that xfers to the NBA. With that frame I doubt he ever fills out enough to be a complete player. Definitely not what teams generally are looking for at the top of the draft.

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2017, 05:16:45 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
My problem with watching film at this level is the competition is often so poor that it's meaningless. Especially when you're a foot taller than anyone on the court.

He does seem to have a nice touch though. He's able to score from a variety of positions and play with his back to the basket too. The release of the 3pt shot looks low but I guess when you are his height it matters less, good form overall though.

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2017, 05:27:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
is he a high IQ type guy I wonder?