Author Topic: Lebron James won't waive his no trade  (Read 8108 times)

Re: Lebron James won't waive his no trade
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Too many sports writers with too much time on their hands.  A complete non story.  There is absolutely no reason for James to waive his no trade clause.  There is nothing in the story about the Cavs actually considering trading James.  The story mentions the difficulty getting equal value in a trade for Irving.  They'd get 10 cents on the dollar if they could trade James as a 1 year rental.  Trying to match his 35M would probably not be possible without taking on a bad contract or two.  The Cavs are much better off making 1 more run and losing James in free agency.  They might even be able to get back something in a sign and trade.

I feel like all of lebrons stories in the media are a bit calculated. This story doesn't really run if he doesn't want it to right? Perhaps the cavs floated the idea of trading him somewhere to his team and he got upset...
The media make up stories out of nothing or distort them to try to get viewers all the time.  How does this no trade clause story help Lebron?  If the Cavs actually raised the idea of trading him that would be the story that came out from his camp.  Gilbert would look more of a buffoon than he already does and Lebron would have even more justification for leaving next offseason. 

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2017, 10:13:25 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
LA Lakers fans can now fall back down to earth, thinking they'd get LeBron James lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2017, 10:14:43 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Too many sports writers with too much time on their hands.  A complete non story.  There is absolutely no reason for James to waive his no trade clause.  There is nothing in the story about the Cavs actually considering trading James.  The story mentions the difficulty getting equal value in a trade for Irving.  They'd get 10 cents on the dollar if they could trade James as a 1 year rental.  Trying to match his 35M would probably not be possible without taking on a bad contract or two.  The Cavs are much better off making 1 more run and losing James in free agency.  They might even be able to get back something in a sign and trade.

I feel like all of lebrons stories in the media are a bit calculated. This story doesn't really run if he doesn't want it to right? Perhaps the cavs floated the idea of trading him somewhere to his team and he got upset...
The media make up stories out of nothing or distort them to try to get viewers all the time.  How does this no trade clause story help Lebron?  If the Cavs actually raised the idea of trading him that would be the story that came out from his camp.  Gilbert would look more of a buffoon than he already does and Lebron would have even more justification for leaving next offseason.

Lol you just 100% answered your own question. Lebrons camp making the comment to the media that he won't waive his no trade close makes it seem like Gilbert was trying to and it makes Gilbert look like a buffoon

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2017, 10:15:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Lol. Here we go:

Smart + Crowder + Brown + Tatum + Morris + BKN18
<=>
LeBron

BOS:
IT/ Hayward/ LeBron/ Horford/ Baynes
Rozier/ Nader/ Ojeyele/ Yabusele/ Thiess/ Zizic/ Larkin/ Allen/ Bird

CLE:
Irving/ Brown/ Crowder/ Love/ Thompson
Smart/ Smith/ Morris/ Tatum/ Tavares

Woooooooo

Are you Dan Gilbert?

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
So, Lebron is basically punting this year? I can't believe he'd do that this late in his career with potential ramifications for his overall legacy.

Not that I'm even sure Danny would want to trade for him, but you have to think Lebron would at least consider waiving his no trade clause to come here for a legitimate shot at another title, perhaps even making us the favorites.

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 10:44:28 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
As much as I'd love to see the collapse of one of the NBA Empires I would take greater satisfaction in know that our team - as presently constructed - can beat CLE in a 7-game series....with their Big Three intact as now.

Stay, LeBron - as well as Kyrie and KLove. BOS is better equipped to challenge them now.

I will take it anyway i can get it. I also thought we could beat lebron's heat in 2012. i was close. Let me ask you a question. IS this celtics tem RIGHT NOW better than that 2012 team? and better equipped to beat lebron? This is not a gotcha question I am just curious how we stack up and compare.

I'm having a hard time answering that question.

I want to think that THIS team is better - to be honest - only because of our youth and depth. But the 2012 team had Rondo Prime. KG was still giving us memorable performances but you could tell we were reaching the end of that road.

Now? I feel that adding The Haymaker will be HUGE.

Horford may not be as good defensively as KG but he is a multi-skilled Big that will benefit from a player of Hayward's caliber.

IT is IT - and will not be clogged down as our primary scoring option anymore.

If we can get a Rookie of the Year performance from Tatum and if Jaylen Brown continues to improve then I honestly think CLE is in trouble.

LeBron James and Co. needs to be healthy as well.

We've closed the gap. That is all we can ask. There is a LOT more pressure on CLE to stay healthy and not make mistakes.

Kyrie did not help things, here. This cloud will be hanging over the franchise all season.

Good.

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2017, 10:46:33 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Lol you just 100% answered your own question. Lebrons camp making the comment to the media that he won't waive his no trade close makes it seem like Gilbert was trying to and it makes Gilbert look like a buffoon
Lebron's camp isn't that subtle.  Reference the earlier stories about his family still being upset at Gilbert.  There is nothing in the story even implying that the Cavs are trying to trade him. 

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2017, 10:57:15 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I keep reading about Lebron leaving. Why would he do this? He helped his legacy by coming back to Cleveland. He's not going to do it again. He's staying in Cleveland until he retires.

Kyrie leaving might help. They should get rid of Love and start over with a new core. I'm sure there are plenty of good players that want to play with Lebron and make it to the finals. Great players might even get them another ring or two.

As long as CLE has Lebron, they are relevant. The second they trade him, they disappear.

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 11:09:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
James would be the biggest **** if he left the Cavs again

2 more seasons and I think he will retire. Then will have the president job lined up

The Lakers rumor has been hyped up by the media. Why would he want to step in Kobes territory?

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 11:09:56 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
The James-Irving soap opera falls under the category of fake news. Something for the media to speculate about. Irving went through the same machinations last year.

What the Cavs have to do, however, is to figure out how to get better to stay ahead of the Celtics and compete with the West.

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 11:44:12 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Lol. Here we go:

Smart + Crowder + Brown + Tatum + Morris + BKN18
<=>
LeBron

BOS:
IT/ Hayward/ LeBron/ Horford/ Baynes
Rozier/ Nader/ Ojeyele/ Yabusele/ Thiess/ Zizic/ Larkin/ Allen/ Bird

CLE:
Irving/ Brown/ Crowder/ Love/ Thompson
Smart/ Smith/ Morris/ Tatum/ Tavares

Woooooooo

Are you Dan Gilbert?

Yes. To be fair, I did start my comment with "Lol", which I do not normally do.

It's not like we'd get him for less.

Let's say he signed a 3 year extension and we kept the BKN pick. Now am I Danny Ainge =)?

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 01:26:53 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I have a feeling Lebron probably called out Love AND Irving, but because Love's trade value is pretty low, he's getting rid of Irving behind closed doors and hoping to get another sidekick or two (Melo?)

This makes a lot more sense as we hear this news, and frankly I think if Lebron leaves CLE again it will really hurt his legacy a lot. Plus it would make him look even worse than KD. So maybe it's not because Irving knows Lebron is leaving after 2018 (he probably isn't), so it's the other rumor (Lebron getting Irving out essentially and Irving not standing any of it).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 08:24:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
makes th most sense for Cavs to keep Irving and let Le Whiner go .

I think LeWhiner was caught a bit offguard , he had not completed his next move .  Irving beat him to the press .   

Lebron hasn't had enough time to nail down his next landing spot ......has to be a team with  assets to trade to get more HELP .....he always needs more help..... ::)

Can he get another bunch of coaches fired .....so he can be in charge......How many GM want to risk their jobs by signing LeBron .......if Im a coach im not excited about seeing my job in jeopardy with Lebron on the way.  Lebron needs a YES MAN ...not a coach .

Lebron arrives.....instant peril for mgmt , coach and welcome owners to the Luxury Tax. .....these things he brings in his suitcase .   Plus his dominating presence .....may turn off many players you already have.   

Finding a owner willing to suck up to the Diva ....this is the Lakers and Doc Rivers cup of tea.......holding Lebrons plums .

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 08:27:28 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I'd like to know how anyone knows that LeBUM won't waive his no trade.  So I don't know whether to believe this or not.  And, I have a hard time not blaming LeBUM for the mess with the Cavs.  I just think he's behind most of the bs going on.

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2017, 09:15:26 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Now ESPN reporting that Irving blames James camp for leaking trade request. There is no way they will be teammates again.