Author Topic: Boogie roasted again - Lowe Post podcast  (Read 5313 times)

Re: Boogie roasted again - Lowe Post podcast
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Hey here's an idea. While we're at it lets compare DMC to Bill Russell. They were both kinda angry guys. Not always the best teammates or people, right?

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 01:48:48 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

That said, is that really a shock? The Kings were giddy to see him gone and then there's this from Kevin O'Conner

Sources around the league have indicated that Cousins has megalomaniacal tendencies: He grows jealous when teammates receive credit for team success, or he reacts negatively if a teammate makes a mistake. It’s hard for players to follow along when the leader doesn’t practice what he preaches. You don’t have to look hard to find the stories. On Monday’s episode of The Lowe Post podcast, Zach Lowe told Brian Windhorst, “DeMarcus Cousins ruined Nik Stauskas … or almost did. The stories about DeMarcus Cousins berating Nik Stauskas, threatening to fight Nik Stauskas on the plane to China when they were going there for the preseason, two years ago or whenever that was … he ruined Nik Stauskas.” The rumblings are the same from people in drastically different circles.

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

Don't get hung on that comment. That's what Lowe heard and he reported it. As for KG,  although he was tough on Baby, he was always helpful with rookies, working on their games, buying them suits, etc. This was more on the Stauskas bullying, as you see Windhorst was also in full agreement.

Lowe - "The stories about Demarcus Cousins berating Nik Stauskas. Threatening to fight Nik Stauskas on the plane to China."
Windhorst - "He's getting hounded and bullied everyday by Demarcus, I felt bad for him."

I would also look at the totality of the criticisms of Cousins and they are consistent and come from credible people.

Patrick O'Bryant once didn't take a session with KG seriously. KG then proceeded to completely ignore POB for the rest of his Celtics tenure.

How would he have handled Stauskas?

KG and Cousins are nothing alike.

From the Kevin O'Connor quote:

"It’s hard for players to follow along when the leader doesn’t practice what he preaches."

This is significant. Cousins has no focus and takes plays off. He has zero credibility. KG on the other hand was the ultimate competitor.

There is also a big difference between constructive criticism and bullying. KG was never "jealous," as Kevin O'Connor suggests of Cousins. KG just wanted players to reach their potential so they could help the team win.

Cousins is unbalanced and enjoys being miserable an d making others miserable. There is just a world of difference between the two.

This is why KG has always been described as a leader and Cousins as Toxic. Yes, they both yell at teammates sometimes. That's where the similarities end.

I just think it's funny how KG is lionized for some pretty bad behavior. Isolating teammates, screaming at teammates, punching teammates, not sitting on the sidelines, being a jerk to fans. We take his flaws and turn them into positives, because he was dominant on the court. Same thing with Draymond Green.

DMC and KG don't have the same behavioral problems, but both acted in less than ideal ways as teammates. KG was a great player who worked hard and hustled, but he was an angry diva.

Cmon, that's hogwash.

Plenty of teammates have come out and said KG was the best teammate they ever had. Can you say the same about Cousins?

KG was almost always the most talented player on his team, and if he could give 100% every play, even in practice, he expected inferior players to follow suit.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 02:01:56 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

That said, is that really a shock? The Kings were giddy to see him gone and then there's this from Kevin O'Conner

Sources around the league have indicated that Cousins has megalomaniacal tendencies: He grows jealous when teammates receive credit for team success, or he reacts negatively if a teammate makes a mistake. It’s hard for players to follow along when the leader doesn’t practice what he preaches. You don’t have to look hard to find the stories. On Monday’s episode of The Lowe Post podcast, Zach Lowe told Brian Windhorst, “DeMarcus Cousins ruined Nik Stauskas … or almost did. The stories about DeMarcus Cousins berating Nik Stauskas, threatening to fight Nik Stauskas on the plane to China when they were going there for the preseason, two years ago or whenever that was … he ruined Nik Stauskas.” The rumblings are the same from people in drastically different circles.

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

Don't get hung on that comment. That's what Lowe heard and he reported it. As for KG,  although he was tough on Baby, he was always helpful with rookies, working on their games, buying them suits, etc. This was more on the Stauskas bullying, as you see Windhorst was also in full agreement.

Lowe - "The stories about Demarcus Cousins berating Nik Stauskas. Threatening to fight Nik Stauskas on the plane to China."
Windhorst - "He's getting hounded and bullied everyday by Demarcus, I felt bad for him."

I would also look at the totality of the criticisms of Cousins and they are consistent and come from credible people.

Patrick O'Bryant once didn't take a session with KG seriously. KG then proceeded to completely ignore POB for the rest of his Celtics tenure.

"It’s hard for players to follow along when the leader doesn’t practice what he preaches."

This is significant. Cousins has no focus and takes plays off. He has zero credibility. KG on the other hand was the ultimate competitor.

There is also a big difference between constructive criticism and bullying. KG was never "jealous," as Kevin O'Connor suggests of Cousins. KG just wanted players to reach their potential so they could help the team win.

Cousins is unbalanced and enjoys being miserable an d making others miserable. There is just a world of difference between the two.

This is why KG has always been described as a leader and Cousins as Toxic. Yes, they both yell at teammates sometimes. That's where the similarities end.

I just think it's funny how KG is lionized for some pretty bad behavior. Isolating teammates, screaming at teammates, punching teammates, not sitting on the sidelines, being a jerk to fans. We take his flaws and turn them into positives, because he was dominant on the court. Same thing with Draymond Green.

DMC and KG don't have the same behavioral problems, but both acted in less than ideal ways as teammates. KG was a great player who worked hard and hustled, but he was an angry diva.

For as smart as you are, i dont get how you don't see that the KG DMC comparison completely falls flat.

You keep ignoring the most important part.

DMC regularly hasn't taken practice seriously, and has repeatedly taken plays off during the course of a game.

KG NEVER did either of those things, and that is extremely important.

They are in no way alike.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 02:20:21 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

For as smart as you are, i dont get how you don't see that the KG DMC comparison completely falls flat.

DMC regularly hasn't taken practice seriously, and has repeatedly taken plays off during the course of a game.

I blame it on fantasy basketball. Cousins is undoubtedly a stat monster, which might make many fantasy players ignore his inability to win, his horrendous body language, and his constant taking of plays off.

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 02:29:19 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

KG could be a jerk for sure. The yelling, chest-beating, and smack-talking didn't go down as well with our opponents fanbases as it did our own.

Thing is though that as a teammate KG backed his #### up. He fought tooth and nail to win games, and expected the same from his team. He had credibility with his teammates and coaches, and he wasn't trying to undercut anybody for selfish reasons. People can sniff out fake leaders. It's in our DNA. Cousins is a fake leader, and an unstable one. And that makes all the difference in the world.

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 02:33:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
So why did this all of a sudden get dredged up again now?  I don't recall of hearing any bad behavior from Cousins since he's been on NOP.  I actually saw a tidbit that he was working hard to lose some weight and get in better shape this offseason. 

Maybe the Kings were a toxic situation for Cousins.  Kings ownership, management and coaching had plenty of years to address Cousins poor behavior.  They apparently did little to do so and probably even enabled him.  And if Cousins is really that bad, they were really, really stupid not to trade him a couple years earlier when they could have gotten a much better return. 

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
If Coach Brad Stevens alluded to NOT wanting DeMarcus Cousins - as alleged - then I trust the Coach.

In hindsight, though - DMC has NEVER played for a winning franchise and IF he was given the opportunity HERE in BOS I'd believe he'd be fine.

It would've been fun to see him as Boogie Claus

:'(

NOH is his BEST shot at the playoffs currently and even now they're not a lock.

Even though I think he'd be a hit in BOS Coach Stevens didn't want the risk and I trust that.

I'm ready to move on.

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 02:39:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

They're alike in plenty of ways. Extremely talented, overly emotional, surly, flawed.

They're not alike in all ways, which seems to be where you're getting hung up. Don't act like KG is a model leader or teammate, though. He did way worse to teammates than DMC berating Stauskas.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 02:55:40 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Actually I'd have to say that when a guy shows up and completely transforms the culture of a team from a losing team to a winning team over night that is pretty much the epitome of a perfect teammate. Some people play to win. Some people play for sportsmanship and PCness. Good for those losers. Let's not act for a minute like KG was the 2nd coming of the Bad Boy Pistons or something.

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 04:38:00 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

KG could be a jerk for sure. The yelling, chest-beating, and smack-talking didn't go down as well with our opponents fanbases as it did our own.

Thing is though that as a teammate KG backed his #### up. He fought tooth and nail to win games, and expected the same from his team. He had credibility with his teammates and coaches, and he wasn't trying to undercut anybody for selfish reasons. People can sniff out fake leaders. It's in our DNA. Cousins is a fake leader, and an unstable one. And that makes all the difference in the world.
Honestly, cousins isn't a leader at all, fake or otherwise.

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

They're alike in plenty of ways. Extremely talented, overly emotional, surly, flawed.

They're not alike in all ways, which seems to be where you're getting hung up. Don't act like KG is a model leader or teammate, though. He did way worse to teammates than DMC berating Stauskas.

That is the thing though. 

KG is both a model leader and teammate. Listen to what every coach has to say about him, and his teammates as well.

KG demands the absolute best from everyone, and will not tolerate poor effort, because he never played any other way. Ever.

DMC demands those things, but he has terrible effort, and literally didn't get back on defense so much, the team tracked how often it happened.

They are far more dissimilar than they are similar

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2017, 05:07:07 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Roy Hobbs up to bat...

Did KG "ruin" Big Baby?

Honestly, cousins isn't a leader at all, fake or otherwise.

Well, he's certainly thinks he's the Center of the Universe. So he's... something

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I blame it on fantasy basketball. Cousins is undoubtedly a stat monster, which might make many fantasy players ignore his inability to win, his horrendous body language, and his constant taking of plays off.
This 100%.

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Seeing Demarcus Cousins who will most likely achieve nothing in the NBA get compared to one of the all time greats in Kevin Garnett genuinely hurts my eyes to read.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2017, 08:54:31 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
There are some people that doesn't understand the importance of leadership, glad Ainge and CBS does