Author Topic: Motivation as Cleveland rigs for depth charge  (Read 1058 times)

Motivation as Cleveland rigs for depth charge
« on: July 23, 2017, 08:45:22 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
Marcus Morris said the first time playing for chance to make the finals -i assumed he meant east coast but now the reality of making finals is just that more real.
Even if, the Kylie thing gets smoothed over the pall of dissension will follow them through a long season. At close quarters maybe causing further friction with other players being drawn in.

This situation may force danny into an action earlier than he was anticipating or hopefully he takes his time .
I remember how Chamberlain got bounced around as bill russell kept winning and chamberlain was labeled a loser.But the number of stars and unhappy players seem to have escalated this summer season and their trade value plummeted.

Should danny stir the pot or just let things simmer?
Should Danny wait till after all star and let the regular season play out?
How about WC Stein?Nerlens Noel?
Would Wck go over luxury tax now?

HOW DO WE STACK UP AGAINST WARRIORS WITH HAYWARD AND MARCUS ADDITION

Re: Motivation as Cleveland rigs for depth charge
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 08:56:31 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Always great to read your thoughts rollie, and I love the historical comparisons.

I also hope Ainge takes his time. I doubt Cleveland would want to help us in a trade, anyway.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:03:56 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Everything has played out well for us. If Smart and Brown can take leaps this year. Tatum is for real. And we get a stud from our other 4 rooks. We are on our way. Rollie patience usually works out for the best. IMO.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I think if Kyrie comes back and everything magically works out for the Cavs, this Celtic team still has a good chance to beat them in a playoff series. I'm very high on this team.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
We match up better than ever with CLE and if we can somehow get past their team (as they are constructed now) we'd be an even better matchup with GSW.

LeBron James is a destructive force against BOS. We get past him and I really love our opportunity.

Until CLE actually trades Kyrie I'm guessing we'll have to go through Kryie - Love - LeBron in May 2018.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I too like the way this team stacks up against Cleveland now.  Celtics are definitely deeper and that is going to pay dividends for getting the #1 seed again, which in turn is huge for the playoffs.  LeBron will have to rest more than ever, remember he's played up 100 games per season (not counting his 'vacations', lol) for many years now.  That has to take a toll.  In fact, he threw in the towel onv the regular season last year for sake of being rested for the playoffs. He is still be best player on the planet, but there's a limit to everything, and given the mediocre off-season for Cle (so far), I think it we may finally see them being vulnerable to be knocked off for the EC crown. No team is in better position to do that than the C's.