Author Topic: Schultz: Cavs+Knicks in serious talks for Melo/irving trade  (Read 5647 times)

Re: Schultz: Cavs+Knicks in serious talks for Melo/irving trade
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 09:25:27 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
It would be a coup for the Knicks to dump Melo and get Irving. Pairing Irving and Porzingis would be terrific for them.

But it's hard for me to believe the Cavs couldn't get a better return for Irving than the Knicks could ever offer (assuming Porzingis is off the table).
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 10:09:06 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
It would be a coup for the Knicks to dump Melo and get Irving. Pairing Irving and Porzingis would be terrific for them.

But it's hard for me to believe the Cavs couldn't get a better return for Irving than the Knicks could ever offer (assuming Porzingis is off the table).

Irving, Zingie, Hardaway. Need one more.

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 10:35:57 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
My impression is the media is way out ahead of anything serious. I doubt the Cavs are doing much of anything. They have been through this before. There is much fake news here on the tweets, trade suggestions etc.

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 12:04:40 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Cleveland doesn't want just Melo in return. NY doesn't want to trade Porzingis. Of the four teams (NY, Miami, SA, and Minny), NY has the worst chance, in my opinion.

San Antonio would be a great fit. Lamarcus plus anyone not named Kawhi Leonard could prob get it done.

Three way trade? Danny should get involved while decent secondary players get tossed around....

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 01:14:26 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Cleveland doesn't want just Melo in return. NY doesn't want to trade Porzingis. Of the four teams (NY, Miami, SA, and Minny), NY has the worst chance, in my opinion.

San Antonio would be a great fit. Lamarcus plus anyone not named Kawhi Leonard could prob get it done.

Three way trade? Danny should get involved while decent secondary players get tossed around....
why would Danny get involved? We have 16 guaranteed contracts of players we want. We can't take on salary

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 02:23:15 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Schultz knows NOTHING !
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 02:31:10 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

why would Danny get involved? We have 16 guaranteed contracts of players we want. We can't take on salary
We could send some pieces like Rozier and another player for the guy we like, eg. Willy Hernangomez
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 07:01:52 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
NYC is desperate for basketball relevance, CLE will be desperate to placate James.   But teams know that CLE is dealing from a weakened stance and they won't get the kitchen sink.

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 09:30:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
My impression is the media is way out ahead of anything serious. I doubt the Cavs are doing much of anything. They have been through this before. There is much fake news here on the tweets, trade suggestions etc.
I agree, at least for the moment while other teams are acutely aware of the situation and may try to lowball the Cavs.  Things could change before the trade deadline when playoff-bound teams understand their needs better, and getting Kyrie could be perceived as a move to get them over the top.

Had the same thought, but Cavs would need a PG in return, maybe in a 3-way trade.