Author Topic: Guerschon Yabusele's Measurements  (Read 5398 times)

Re: Guerschon Yabusele's Measurements
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 01:46:13 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I do not see Green in Yabu at all....he has not displayed Green'screen motor, passion, or leadership.
leaders don't get suspended in the finals or lead the league in techs

He is the vocal leader of that team.....the way the refs call him is their problem.
Yeah how dare the refs blow the whistle on a dirty player ::)

Sure they do.  He's the emotional leader of that team and would be loved in Boston.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2017, 02:11:20 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Yab has soooooooo far to go on defense to get anywhere near where Draymond is. Let's not even bother with that right now. SO far he has shown zero indication he has that kind of intelligence or intensity on defense.

Offensively he reminds me a lot of KO.

Nice spot up shooter. Very quick putting the ball on the floor for a man of his size. Overall good offensive instincts. Don't know that he is quite as PG-ish as KO though.

A smaller guy in a big man's body. Needs time to mature on defense.

The big diff between him and KO of course is that while KO wasn't gifted athletically, Yab is a good athlete who could be great if he lost some pounds. Yab has higher upside, with a worse initial downside.

So there is plenty to be happy about... we will just need to be patient.

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2017, 06:11:22 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I do not see Green in Yabu at all....he has not displayed Green'screen motor, passion, or leadership.
leaders don't get suspended in the finals or lead the league in techs

He does run one of the tightest defenses in the league. I wouldn't mind him being a little ornery as a consequence.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2017, 07:24:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Yabu has the build but does he have this:

It becomes more complicated when another one of Green's greatest strengths, intangibles, is often downplayed during the draft process because it can be scary to put too much stock into something that ignores the facts. A lot has been made of Green's approach to the game over the years, yet nothing sums up the player he is today better than this: "I've never seen the best defender not play," Green said after the Warriors drafted him. “I've never seen the best rebounder not play. If I take care of my business, the rest will take care of itself."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/draymond-green-2012-nba-draft-second-round-warriors/188ovbppyygz1zmmuhfk5s5yc

The odds are against him becoming another Green.

This is an important distinction to keep in mind. It’s also why for all the draft talk of finding the next Draymond, there probably isn’t going to be another version of him to come along anytime soon. I mean, you can’t just take any bulky 6-foot-7 guy with long arms and decent foot speed off the street and mold him into everything that Green is; if you could, former no. 1 overall pick Anthony Bennett wouldn’t be a punchline. You have to find a guy who fits that physical description but is also brash enough to kick the best player in the world in the dick during the NBA Finals, cocky enough to constantly talk **** every time he’s in front of a microphone, and at the same time humble enough to take a backseat to three All-Star teammates (one of whom came to Golden State in part because of how Green recruited him). You have to find a guy who is dumb enough to have the audacity to think that he can guard all five positions, yet smart and athletic enough to actually be able to pull it off. You have to find a leader with the heart and mental toughness to bang in the paint with an opponent who is five inches taller than he is, the skill to consistently play on the perimeter, and the instinct to know what the team needs from him at any given moment.
The temptation is to look at Golden State’s roster and assume that any bum could align himself with Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, and Klay Thompson and become at the very least a decent player. And maybe that’s true to a certain extent. Then again, maybe the opposite is accurate. Maybe Curry and Thompson wouldn’t have had the careers they’ve enjoyed if defenses didn’t have to worry about the consistent mismatches that Green creates. I’m not saying Green is a generational talent who deserves his own wing in the Hall of Fame or anything. I’m just saying that the search for the next Green is a fool’s errand because this idea that Green suddenly transformed into the player that he is couldn’t be more wrong. No team is going to pluck the next Green from obscurity, just like no team is going to magically have the next Curry, Durant, or Thompson fall into its lap. Why, then, is Green treated like a replicable entity? Kings owner Vivek Ranadivé’s love of Buddy Hield notwithstanding, why don’t we hear more about front offices being desperate to locate the next Curry, Durant, or Thompson? I’ll tell you why: because saying “we need to get players on our team who are the best in the world at what they do” isn’t exactly an enlightening thought.

https://theringer.com/draymond-green-golden-state-warriors-nba-draft-3b2fbbcedf76

Yabu is not known as a top level defender but some say he has the tools.

Green, who made the NBA All-Defensive first team, was Izzo's coach-on-the-floor on the defensive end at Michigan State. But, as Izzo admits, this is a hard quality to scout.

"Draymond has become the poster child for the new breed, a hybrid power forward," he said.

He defends all five positions. He shoots the three. He rebounds. He pushes the ball in transition and finishes with either hand, like a guard. He brings this combination of skills — in a 6-6, 230-pound frame — to a game that requires anticipation and the ability to improvise more than ever.

Fluidity is in; intricate sets are fading. It's all about concepts now, and few players see those concepts better than Green.

"He still comes back to East Lansing and tells me, 'why did you do this? Why didn't you do that?' "

It's takes a particular charisma and guts to stay in the ear of an iconic college coach. Then again, it takes those same traits to bark in an NBA huddle that's home to the league MVP.

"The league needed a blue-collar hero," Izzo said.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2015/06/03/draymond-green-playing-style/28445965/

I definitely don't see this from him

His M.O. is to talk trash, thereby putting himself on the hook to have to produce. Then he talks more after he produces.

It’s no wonder Green’s tough. He’s spent the last decade-plus under the pressure of having to back up his lip service and scrap with those who couldn’t handle it.

“Nothing fazes him,” guard Klay Thompson said. “It’s not just physically. He’s one of the mentally toughest players I’ve ever played against. He plays with so much emotion. His toughness is really unmatched. And he’s never going to back down. He matches anybody’s physicality. You can’t punk him. And he’ll always have your back.”

His desire to own his opponent has rubbed off on a talented-but-nice team. His standard for how he wants to win has sparked the kind of edge the Warriors need to be this good.

“I’m built for this,” Green said. “I like them thinking they’ve got a mismatch. I LOVE that. When I’m playing against those big guys, I’m always going to play with a chip on my shoulder. I battle even harder when I go up against these guys. You kind of have to prove a point. I won’t be a pushover. It’s not going to be as easy as you think it’s going to be.”

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/thompson/2015/01/08/draymond-green-lives-formula-hasnt-failed-yet/

I think Semi has just as good as a chance as Yabu to be the next Green, but I think in all honestly that Green is the perfect storm and I don't see the see intangibles like Green's desire to win, mental toughness, and fire to prove people wrong.   I would love to be wrong on this one.   Green is a leader and has some high level leadership abilities.

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2017, 08:36:25 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Why do people say he is explosive? Like Zizic he has a hard time with quick-jumps. He might just be a form of Big Baby....

I know DA was especially looking for draft and stash players in the 2016 draft, except Brown, and because of that IMO Yabu was a horrible pick at #16...we had the 1st pick in the 2nd round and almost def could have taken him there.

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 12:29:41 PM »

Offline clintonwalker

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
Why do people say he is explosive? Like Zizic he has a hard time with quick-jumps. He might just be a form of Big Baby....

I know DA was especially looking for draft and stash players in the 2016 draft, except Brown, and because of that IMO Yabu was a horrible pick at #16...we had the 1st pick in the 2nd round and almost def could have taken him there.
Draftexpress describes him as "explosive in space" so while I agree he's not a quick jumper..for someone that size to jump as high as he does then the word explosive isn't far fetched

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 12:38:44 PM »

Offline clintonwalker

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8

That screenshot remind you of big baby??