Author Topic: Non celtics mid season block buster trade idea  (Read 4406 times)

Non celtics mid season block buster trade idea
« on: July 22, 2017, 11:57:36 AM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Its fairly simple......assume
1. Pelicans experiment is struggling
2. Cavs are struggling to keep it together

So trade klove and kyrie for jrue holiday and anthony davis.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 12:03:17 PM by Humble G »

Re: Non celtics mid season block buster trade idea
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 12:29:41 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
NOP isn't going to trade AD mid-season and definitely not for that little.  The trade would probably be Holiday and Cousins for Irving and Thompson plus filler. 

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
NOP isn't going to trade AD mid-season and definitely not for that little.  The trade would probably be Holiday and Cousins for Irving and Thompson plus filler.
That would be incredible for NOP if they could pull it off.  Effectively end up flipping Buddy Hield and spare parts for Kyrie? 

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 12:36:30 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I like it. New Orleans will be hard pressed to get better win-now value than that for AD. I like the idea of building a new team around Kyrie + K-Love + Cousins. That is a tough big three. I love the skill-level and rebounding of Love and Cousins. Plus the dynamic lead guard play from Kyrie. Good mix of talents.

I think New Orleans should do a trade like this. They blew the pooch when they traded for Cousins. Him and AD do not work well enough together. The team is going nowhere. In the time it will take them to adjust and get their team back on track ... AD will have lost his patience and will want to move on elsewhere. So I like the idea of moving AD instead of Cousins cause I do not think NOP can keep AD long term. And I like this trade because I don't think teams will be offering a better win-now package than two all-stars in Kyrie and K-Love.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 12:38:19 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Cleveland gets by far the best player, bad move for NO, and for us.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I like it. New Orleans will be hard pressed to get better win-now value than that for AD. I like the idea of building a new team around Kyrie + K-Love + Cousins. That is a tough big three. I love the skill-level and rebounding of Love and Cousins. Plus the dynamic lead guard play from Kyrie. Good mix of talents.

I think New Orleans should do a trade like this. They blew the pooch when they traded for Cousins. Him and AD do not work well enough together. The team is going nowhere. In the time it will take them to adjust and get their team back on track ... AD will have lost his patience and will want to move on elsewhere. So I like the idea of moving AD instead of Cousins cause I do not think NOP can keep AD long term. And I like this trade because I don't think teams will be offering a better win-now package than two all-stars in Kyrie and K-Love.
I like Davis better than Cousins and would be surprised if NOP doesn't feel the same way.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 12:42:32 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Fit wise it's great but NOP gets a little screwed as they could probably get more value for Davis.

NOP:
Kyrie/Whoknows/whoknows/Love/Cousins

Cavs:
Holiday/Shumpert/Smith/James/Davis

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That would be incredible for NOP if they could pull it off.  Effectively end up flipping Buddy Hield and spare parts for Kyrie?

The difference between Jrue and Kyrie is a lot smaller than the gap between Boogie and Thompson.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

Expecting Cousins and AD to work well together after a mid-season trade is unrealistic.  They need this offseason to put the two big offense together.  Rondo was a real nice acquisition. 

If they are trading AD, why would they want a win now package in a stacked west?  They have AD for 3 more seasons before his player option year.  Cousins will be a free agent at the end of next season.  Irving and Love will be a free agents after the following season. 

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 12:59:09 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

Expecting Cousins and AD to work well together after a mid-season trade is unrealistic.  They need this offseason to put the two big offense together.  Rondo was a real nice acquisition. 

If they are trading AD, why would they want a win now package in a stacked west?  They have AD for 3 more seasons before his player option year.  Cousins will be a free agent at the end of next season.  Irving and Love will be a free agents after the following season.

I didnt think about the free agency part of it all. And its hard competing in the west but its also hard to keep sucking and wasting anthony davis.....so i could NOP nixing the deal to keep Davis but could also go for it as they get superstar pg who might be easier to build around than a big in this nba

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 01:04:23 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

The difference between Jrue and Kyrie is a lot smaller than the gap between Boogie and Thompson.
Definitely.  If I'm the Cavs and setting aside injury history, I'd rather have Jrue than Kyrie.  His defense would be a big plus for them.  Assuming he's mentally with it, Cousins would be huge against GSW.  I kind of think Cousins would do better where he's not the top dog on the team.  He has that to some degree with AD but it would be clear cut with Lebron.  Think the trade would also make it more likely Lebron decides to stay with the Cavs. 

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 01:05:16 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I can't wait until Kyrie is leading his own team to 37 wins every year again. Perhaps then he won't be among the most overrated players in the league.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

I didnt think about the free agency part of it all. And its hard competing in the west but its also hard to keep sucking and wasting anthony davis.....so i could NOP nixing the deal to keep Davis but could also go for it as they get superstar pg who might be easier to build around than a big in this nba
Irving isn't a superstar PG.  He's a 3rd tier star who doesn't do a particularly good job carrying the Cavs when Lebron is off the court. 

Regardless, NOP still will have the same ownership and management who haven't been able to put together a winning team.  They've also got Gentry as coach.   They've got craptastic SFs with Solomon Hill being the least worst.  Doesn't inspire much confidence that they'd be able to compete. 

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2017, 01:41:04 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton

Irving isn't a superstar PG.  He's a 3rd tier star who doesn't do a particularly good job carrying the Cavs when Lebron is off the court. 

Regardless, NOP still will have the same ownership and management who haven't been able to put together a winning team.  They've also got Gentry as coach.   They've got craptastic SFs with Solomon Hill being the least worst.  Doesn't inspire much confidence that they'd be able to compete.

Ur right on Kyrie he is a star but not super star....got carried away there.

But ur last paragraph is on point bout NOP management....which is why they might do the trade lol

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2017, 03:15:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I can't wait until Kyrie is leading his own team to 37 wins every year again. Perhaps then he won't be among the most overrated players in the league.

Again? That would be a non-Lebron career high. His previous best was 33 wins, followed by 24 and 21 (rookie year).

I mean, I would probably do a straight swap of Kyrie for IT because of age and contract situation, but putting him in the same class as AD is laughable.