Poll

Bledsoe + Josh Jacskon for Irving

Cavs
23 (42.6%)
Suns
31 (57.4%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: Who would win this trade between the Cavs and Suns? For Irving (Rumor)(poll)  (Read 8878 times)

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I wonder if Cleveland could flip Bender and the Miami 1st to Detroit for Bradley. 

Ainge would've done that if that were on the table. But to answer your question, Cleveland would be insane to make that offer.
Not if they think Bradley could make the difference against Golden State.  Maybe they could even keep Miami's pick (I would start with Bender for Bradley straight up and see what Detroit says).  And Phoenix wouldn't have made that offer for Bradley because Bradley doesn't make sense in Phoenix.  Bradley makes a lot of sense in Cleveland though.
After passing on KCP and trading a great contract for the Bird rights of Bradley on an expiring deal, I don't see Detroit moving Bradley. I think they want his shooting and defense at the 2 spot and his veteran presence in the locker room.

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I wonder if Cleveland could flip Bender and the Miami 1st to Detroit for Bradley. 

Ainge would've done that if that were on the table. But to answer your question, Cleveland would be insane to make that offer.
Not if they think Bradley could make the difference against Golden State.  Maybe they could even keep Miami's pick (I would start with Bender for Bradley straight up and see what Detroit says).  And Phoenix wouldn't have made that offer for Bradley because Bradley doesn't make sense in Phoenix.  Bradley makes a lot of sense in Cleveland though.
After passing on KCP and trading a great contract for the Bird rights of Bradley on an expiring deal, I don't see Detroit moving Bradley. I think they want his shooting and defense at the 2 spot and his veteran presence in the locker room.
That was my thinking and why I think it would take more than just Bender.  that said, Detroit isn't going to be a contender, so I really don't know why they wouldn't consider adding Bender (who theoretically would be a very good fit next to Drummond) for a guy that is going to get paid next summer.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

That was my thinking and why I think it would take more than just Bender.  that said, Detroit isn't going to be a contender, so I really don't know why they wouldn't consider adding Bender (who theoretically would be a very good fit next to Drummond) for a guy that is going to get paid next summer.
Because they are Detroit. Detroit hasn't done anything right since signing Ben Gordon.

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
The Suns easily win the trade by becoming instantly relevant. If you're adding a top player and not giving up a top player you win the trade. I think it's as simple as that. I guess if you are worried about what that trade looks like 5 years down the road you hesitate but hindsight is always 20/20. Getting Irving for anyone on that Suns roster is an excellent trade for Phoenix. For Cleveland making their team deeper might also make sense.

Online timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think Detroit has every intention of signing Bradley to a long term contract.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think Detroit has every intention of signing Bradley to a long term contract.
Probably but how high are they willing to go and will Bradley have any interest in staying.  I can see him getting quite a bit of interest.  He'd fit really well on the Sixers.  Maybe the Lakers if they can't get a 2nd Max guy to go with George.