Author Topic: If Lebron wants to come here 2018 will you be ok with it?  (Read 6382 times)

Re: If Lebron wants to come here 2018 will you be ok with it?
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2017, 08:41:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I suspect that any fan that says that s/he wouldn't welcome Lebron isn't being honest with him/herself.
few legitimate reasons I don't want him:

1. As soon as he loses twice in the finals he looks for a new team
2. He quits games during regular season and calls it rest, causing team to limp into playoffs
3. That resting is going to get worse as he ages
4. A lot of his game will not age well. Ray Allen made sense playing old. But lebron style of play not sure
5. I'd rather beat him than join him. Like others said it doesn't feel good that the guy we couldn't get past for a decade joins us
Good post, TP.  I would feel like they were pulling a Kevin Durant.
exactly.

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2017, 08:49:51 AM »

Offline Alleyoopster

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 150
Who needs LeBron James....we have Daniel Theis.    ;D

Smh on those who are not in favor. 

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
I suspect that any fan that says that s/he wouldn't welcome Lebron isn't being honest with him/herself.

Id welcome Lebron, but a championship won with him wouldnt feel as good as 2008.

That championship felt great because the MVP was Paul Pierce who the Celtics drafted and who also spent most of his career on losing teams. We don't have that right now, with or without Lebron.

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

This.

I feel like I'm reading: "I wouldn't want to date Cindy Crawford. She doesn't appeal to me because of X,Y,Z."

My response: "oh, ok pal."
you think a 45 year old lebron will be any useful? He's better now than he will be in the future, and he is already limping into the finals and can't beat Durant and curry. He's getting worse not better. He needs to rest half the season.  And a lot of us would rather beat him

We get it. You like easy mode like Durant. Some of us prefer the challenge of beating this guy

Hyperbole isn't really working to your advantage here. Lebron and I were born in 1984. We will be 45 in 2029. It is 2017. 12 years is a solid NBA career.

Is he really getting worse? I'm not sure about that. He still looks like the best basketball player in the world, at least to me. Statistically, he is superior. Athletically, he is superior. His main criticism is that he shares the ball too much.

Does he really need to rest half of a season? I checked ESPN, and apparently they have calculated that he averaged more minutes per game than any other player in the NBA last year. First place. He also played in 74 regular season games, missing less than 10% of the regular season. Oh, and he also played in the playoffs.

I was happy when the Celtics traded for KG, completing the super team. I also would have loved Kevin Durant (the second best player in the NBA, in my eyes) to play for the Celtics. I would love Kawhi, Curry, Westbrook, Davis, etc.

The only thing that seemed to make sense in your post was "Some of us prefer the challenge of beating this guy." I understand if you don't like him and want to beat him. That is perfectly reasonable.

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 09:38:13 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yes, definitely!

'08 was a rare year - that type of thing just doesn't happen very often for any team (not even Miami when they lost their first year). The Lakers are only one championship behind us; I would love to get a couple of easy ones like they did in the early 2000s (GS not withstanding).

We root for the Cs and if a superstar wants to play for the Cs, then we welcome him with open arms, regardless of how we all previously felt about him.

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 10:05:36 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Yes, definitely!

'08 was a rare year - that type of thing just doesn't happen very often for any team (not even Miami when they lost their first year). The Lakers are only one championship behind us; I would love to get a couple of easy ones like they did in the early 2000s (GS not withstanding).

We root for the Cs and if a superstar wants to play for the Cs, then we welcome him with open arms, regardless of how we all previously felt about him.

same, 1 is cutting it close, i rather keep distancing ourselves from the Lakers, in that world if LeBron want to come to the Celtics for a few more easy rings, it's a win win, he gets a few more rings to chase Jordan or whatever he is chasing, and Celtics org gets a few more rings to raise up

I don't see how we're gonna sign him though

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 10:32:42 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
First you get Lebron.  Then Lebron is not happy with CBS so we look for a coach that he likes. Then he wants to win now so he Demands we trade The 2 picks for his buddy Melo or Maybe cp3..

Then he doesnt like Brown And Tatum, too young to compete so he threatens to leave unless we make a move. 

After you make the necesarry moves he gets blasted by GS a few more times but throws up his impressive streak of making it to the finals..

Then we hear about him chasing Jordan

Then in 2 years he is tired of it and Moves to the west coast..

This dude takes over teams, he does not fit into them.

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2017, 10:57:57 AM »

Offline MichaelJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
No, simply because I think he'd destroy any chemistry the team has and we'd lose.  On talent alone of course...but you're getting a whole lot more than just his ability.

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2017, 11:04:29 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
No way. 

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2017, 11:20:28 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
If he came here on the cheap or we had cap room for him, well sure...maybe.

But I'd never trade good assets for him at this point.

His nba politics scare me though. He almost forces his team to give out huge contracts to his agency. I want no part of this.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2017, 11:24:47 AM »

Offline NHHillbilly

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20

This.

I feel like I'm reading: "I wouldn't want to date Cindy Crawford. She doesn't appeal to me because of X,Y,Z."

My response: "oh, ok pal."

My response to your response.  Cindy Crawford is 51 now.  I am just a bit older than that.  Sure, when I was dating and younger, she's gorgeous.  But now, it is just a fading dream:  and really do 51 year old women even date:  I'm sure that she has found the guy she wants by now.

Similarly, having LeBron on the Celtics is just a fading dream.  Remember we did sign an aging one year from retirement Shaq, but there was no magic there.  Lebron is a few years from retirement, but I think he has entered his downhill side.

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2017, 11:32:47 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 537
This guy has always had his way. Was pampered (in a basketball sense) his entire life, had his own way assembling 'super teams' in Miami & Cleveland and has pretty much called his own shots.  Why would a team with the tradition of the Celtics want anything to do with that?  Better he go down in history as one of the all time Celtic Villains. 

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Correct.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2017, 11:42:31 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Why would we ever want a player that has been to the finals in 7 straight years?  ::) ;D

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I suspect any that says that he would welcome Lebron isn't realizing the damage he will do to the franchise (specially this time we are set for now and the future)