Author Topic: ESPN: Kyrie no longer wants to play w/ Lebron = reason for request. trade soon?  (Read 16426 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20124505/kyrie-irving-seeking-trade-cleveland-cavaliers

Lebron was devastated when he heard the news also according to Windhorst

yrie Irving divulged to Dan Gilbert that he has reservations about how the Cleveland Cavaliers' roster has been constructed to complement LeBron James and that their long-term prospects could be compromised if James leaves in 2018.

James has refused to commit to Cleveland beyond the coming season and that has led Irving to become proactive in controlling his own career arc.

The Cavaliers play at a slower pace to suit James while paying Klutch Sports clients Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith on significant deals..

Thought this warranted its own thread because it basically confirms  a trade will go down.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 02:44:29 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Assuming you mean a trade will go down. I'm really certain a year will go down next year, cause that's what you wrote lol.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Assuming you mean a trade will go down. I'm really certain a year will go down next year, cause that's what you wrote lol.
lol too funny

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Right.  Granted Kyrie is overly sensitive, LeBron is also an egomaniac that has (thankfully) experienced his last championship.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Cavs with Kyrie Irving ON, LeBron James OFF last season: -120 in 635 minutes.

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Paul Pierce started all of this.

First, he hounded CLE (and James) way back in 2007-08.

Hounded him AGAIN in 2009 - with Rondo starting to come into his own.

Forced him out of CLE.

Even in MIA Paul Pierce (and BOS) proved to remain a big thorn in his side.

Now?

Celtics Legend Paul Pierce is STILL hounding Lebron, lol

...giving them an "F" for their off season moves.

I Love it.

Please sign this man to a front office spot. Ask KG if he wants to come, too.

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
Right.  Granted Kyrie is overly sensitive, LeBron is also an egomaniac that has (thankfully) experienced his last championship.

Don't hate too hard over there. If Ainge trades for Lebron I bet you'll change your tune.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
the Cavaliers were disturbed that Irving's request was made public, believing it could affect his trade value.

This is becoming a trend as players gain more power in the league.  Paul George is another example.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Spurs are kyrie preferred destination according to Woj

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Spurs are kyrie preferred destination according to Woj

I would also love to play for the Spurs, but suiting up for the Cs has always been a dream of mine.

Unfortunately, I don't get to make that decision and neither does Kyrie.

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I think Charotte makes a ton of sense. MJ could finally get his super star for the Hornets. Kemba Walker might be the best player Cleveland could get in return and they could get MKG. Cleveland throws in Richard Jefferson for salary reasons.

MKG would be a great "Pippen" like running mate for LeBron and the two of them could play a lot of forward in a small ball lineup with Smith or Shump at SG.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Kyrie Irving divulged to Dan Gilbert that he has reservations about how the Cleveland Cavaliers' roster has been constructed to complement LeBron James and that their long-term prospects could be compromised if James leaves in 2018.

James has refused to commit to Cleveland beyond the coming season and that has led Irving to become proactive in controlling his own career arc.

The Cavaliers play at a slower pace to suit James while paying Klutch Sports clients Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith on significant deals.

The Cavaliers have included Irving in trade talks around the NBA following his request and they even considered the possibility of dealing him beforehand.

Irving had wanted to discuss the possible trade scenarios with Cavaliers' ownership and management following The Finals, but the meeting was difficult since David Griffin's own future was uncertain and they've been operating without a new general manager in place. Only recently has Koby Altman emerged as the likely choice to replace Griffin.

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Don't hate too hard over there. If Ainge trades for Lebron I bet you'll change your tune.

Please visit the numerous threads where I've stated that I would not welcome LeBron to Boston for nothing, and spelled out exactly why.  If you want a 33-year old (that can't win chips on his own) running our organization at the expense of our top assets, so be it.  But I like to think that I'm not a complete dumbass.  TP for your limited but appreciated efforts.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:53:50 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Trade for Kyrie Irving (Merged News, Ideas & Rumors)
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2017, 03:18:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Re: Trade for Kyrie Irving (Merged News, Ideas & Rumors)
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2017, 03:19:51 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
This is Danny's MO: be in on everything in case you can get anything out of it.

We won't trade for Irving, but we'll be sure to get some information about it, just in case we can use it.