Author Topic: Could Ainge get in on Irving  (Read 11846 times)

Re: Could Ainge get in on Irving
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2017, 11:53:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If Irving is going anywhere its to NY for Melo. Then Cleveland would have for starters

PG: Rose
SG/PG: Lebron
SF: Anthony
PF: Love
C: Thompson

Cavs laugh at that offer

it doesn't matter where Kyrie wants to go...only if the Cavs org benefits.  Other teams Kyrie has not listed as one of his preferred destinations could snatch him away (more to offer)

« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2017, 12:09:41 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
The amount of chaos and discord it would bring to the team isn't worth the talent upgrade.

I think Irving is a great player but this is what bothers me.

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 12:22:15 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
If Irving is going anywhere its to NY for Melo. Then Cleveland would have for starters

Cavs laugh at that offer

it doesn't matter where Kyrie wants to go...only if the Cavs org benefits.  Other teams Kyrie has not listed as one of his preferred destinations could snatch him away (more to offer)
Don't underestimate the new found power of superstars in this league.

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 12:58:04 PM »

Offline ConnerHenry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 59
I (surprisingly) heard a real good analysis of Kyrie on ESPN this morning.

His “point guard” position in CLE is meaningless when LeBron is really the primary creator. Irving is more like a classic combo guard. When compared to John Wall and Stephen Curry, who got endless opportunities in their early 20s to develop their PG skills - Irving missed out on this education. He's a point guard who doesn't get to play point and hasn't improved in that area

The question is, can Irving adapt and thrive in a role he hasn't played for years? And what price are you willing to pay to find that out?

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
We don't have to included the Nets and the Lakers/Kings pick. We just have to place an offer that they can look at.

Good luck with that

Oh yes.

If Cleveland declines, no big deal. We just need to be in the mix, assuming we would like to be in on this of course. We dont need to field a blow me away offer.

If we get outbid, its not like it will be the end of the world. If they take our offer, we get Kyrie.

Cool

Offer them a bag of cookies and a minimum salary backup, and let's see if they'll take it.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
We don't have to included the Nets and the Lakers/Kings pick. We just have to place an offer that they can look at.

Good luck with that

Oh yes.

If Cleveland declines, no big deal. We just need to be in the mix, assuming we would like to be in on this of course. We dont need to field a blow me away offer.

If we get outbid, its not like it will be the end of the world. If they take our offer, we get Kyrie.

Cool

Offer them a bag of cookies and a minimum salary backup, and let's see if they'll take it.

I would say "of course we need to be reasonable with the offer as well, and not just put in a ridiculous bad one", but I know you're just being sarcastic and condescending, so I will leave it there.

Thanks for being condescending. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 03:43:55 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
I (surprisingly) heard a real good analysis of Kyrie on ESPN this morning.

His “point guard” position in CLE is meaningless when LeBron is really the primary creator. Irving is more like a classic combo guard. When compared to John Wall and Stephen Curry, who got endless opportunities in their early 20s to develop their PG skills - Irving missed out on this education. He's a point guard who doesn't get to play point and hasn't improved in that area

The question is, can Irving adapt and thrive in a role he hasn't played for years? And what price are you willing to pay to find that out?

Didn't he get 3 years before lebron came back to develop?    I think this is a lame excuse.  He's a scorer, and that's what he wants to be.

« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 06:10:10 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I heard he asked for a trade last year, too. If that's the case, I doubt he'll be traded.

That 3 way deal I saw with Knicks-Suns-Cavs didn't really help anybody. A standoff. Just playing musical chairs with players. You trade a star. You get a star.

I don't think Ainge is interested. A guy who wants to be traded because he's not the top ball dog is not of much interest to the Celtics.

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 03:36:33 AM »

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656

Good luck with that

Oh yes.

Cool

I would say "of course we need to be reasonable with the offer as well, and not just put in a ridiculous bad one", but I know you're just being sarcastic and condescending, so I will leave it there.

Thanks for being condescending.

Because of the finances, and because of the player coming back, Boston likely has to start with

Thomas
Crowder

and either Brown, Smart or Rozier.  That's before any draft pick compensation.  There's not really a way to just get "into the mix". 

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 03:51:42 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

yes, if kyrie want's to be the man, NYK is the place for him.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 07:17:27 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Maybe as a 3rd team, no way they ship Irving to Boston.

We help route him to some mid level quagmire roster like the Nuggets in exchange for picks.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 07:51:58 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
If Irving makes the Celtics better, then the Cavs don't do that trade.
And if he doesn't make us better, we don't want him in the first place.

I don't think this is going anywhere.

« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Trade idea (major pieces)

To Cavs: Melo, Ntilikina, Hernangomez, Crowder, 2 Celts non lotto 1sts

To Knicks: Love, IT4

To Celtics:  Irving

I think Irving labelled as a ball hog is blown out of proportions. He has made the finals - mutiple seasons now.  It takes team work to make this happen....he will still take "his shots" but is an alpha dog type player

I think he would gel well with Hayward and Horford. Who can take over in spurts but also dont mind doing the other things while someone else scores the ball

Ainge should consider this type of trade if possible . IT4 is going to be expensive and nobody knows if he walks for nothing. Vs securing a top pg for the next 2 seasons

Nothing personal IT4 but its business and you should be paid what you want in a Knicks uniform

« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2017, 03:34:22 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I think Irving labelled as a ball hog is blown out of proportions. He has made the finals - mutiple seasons now.  It takes team work to make this happen....he will still take "his shots" but is an alpha dog type player

I think he would gel well with Hayward and Horford. Who can take over in spurts but also dont mind doing the other things while someone else scores the ball

Ainge should consider this type of trade if possible . IT4 is going to be expensive and nobody knows if he walks for nothing. Vs securing a top pg for the next 2 seasons

Nothing personal IT4 but its business and you should be paid what you want in a Knicks uniform
there is no way Cleveland makes that trade.  None at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2017, 04:12:01 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

The Knicks gets Love and IT4 for Melo and 2 prospects? What?