Author Topic: Per Windhorst: Kyrie asked to be traded last week  (Read 31613 times)

Re: Per Windhorst: Kyrie asked to be traded last week
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
For the Cavs to acquire Anthony, Bledsoe, and Chandler they have to give up a lot of salary. Way more than just Irving and Frye.

Also Jr Smith and Thompson? Then they are gutting their team and ending up with a worse one... unless we are pretending Chandler hasn't calcified.
i would think they would push to keep Thompson and go with Smith and Shumpert and since Irving is the best player in the trade may be able to finagle that.

Chandler did manage 27 mpg in about 50 games. If they cut his mpg maybe they get more like 65 to 70 games and they really only need him for certain matchups or limited moments in games
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2017, 07:42:11 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
For the Cavs to acquire Anthony, Bledsoe, and Chandler they have to give up a lot of salary. Way more than just Irving and Frye. But a starting 5 of Bledsoe, Rose, James, Anthony, and Love with guys like Korver and Thompson on the bench is probably a better team than they have now

Huh? Lol

They'd go from "poor D" to "sweet baby Jesus that's some poor D." They might as well not even try to defend, because that roster would be absolutely atrocious with three of the worst defenders per their position just in the starting lineup.
true but I don't think they care. They are going to try and outscore the Warriors
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2017, 07:46:04 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Kyrie is a great talent, but maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't understand, he'd just give up going to the finals every year for the immediate future to play for an organization like the Knicks! Why, just to strut around NYC.

Or could it be that LeBron is so over-barring, so consumed by legacy, and power, that it sucks to be on a team with him. It certainly must be difficult to play with the King/Coach/GM on the floor with you every night.

I'm kind of confused by all this crap. The inmates are running the asylum.

« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
For the Cavs to acquire Anthony, Bledsoe, and Chandler they have to give up a lot of salary. Way more than just Irving and Frye.

Also Jr Smith and Thompson? Then they are gutting their team and ending up with a worse one... unless we are pretending Chandler hasn't calcified.
i would think they would push to keep Thompson and go with Smith and Shumpert and since Irving is the best player in the trade may be able to finagle that.

Chandler did manage 27 mpg in about 50 games. If they cut his mpg maybe they get more like 65 to 70 games and they really only need him for certain matchups or limited moments in games

I am not sure how viable a 35 year Tyson Chandler in his 17th NBA season trying to play on a playoff rotation.

« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2017, 08:29:14 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Kyrie is a great talent, but maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed. I don't understand, he'd just give up going to the finals every year for the immediate future to play for an organization like the Knicks! Why, just to strut around NYC.

Or could it be that LeBron is so over-barring, so consumed by legacy, and power, that it sucks to be on a team with him. It certainly must be difficult to play with the King/Coach/GM on the floor with you every night.

No joke.

Just imagine if an organization could have reined him in to just being a basketball player and let the experts pick the players and run the team. In his first or second year a reporter asked Paul Silas, then coach, what more he could possibly do, and Silas honestly replied play defense. That wasn't going to last.

« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2017, 08:57:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

I think the point is he wants to be "the man." winning isn't important when you want attention. I actually believe he wants to be traded to bring attention to himself with the ultimate goal being selling more of his shoes and merchandise line. Purely about money and marketing

Kyrie shoe line has been modestly increasing in sales past few years.. If.he's the man in new york, he could be really big in shoe sales. He's just a sideshow in Cleveland right now. I think it's a bad move regardless but that's the logic imo he has
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:08:00 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2017, 09:13:45 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

this pic made my night ..TP .....too funny

« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2017, 09:31:18 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Actually Lebron fault for Irving leaving .  he broke the news to him the world is not flat .

« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
If LeBron gets a weak return on Kyrie, the Celtics could be the favorite to come out of the East next year.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2017, 10:51:22 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Actually Kyrie asking to be traded is huge for the Celtics. The possibility is, the Cav's may not be as strong as last year. This is a monkey wrench in the gears for sure. The Cav's look like they need to be rebuilt on the fly, and it's possible LBJ will waste this season attempting to do it.

If we got a healthy IT back, do we have a chance to get into the finals? Or am I dreaming.

« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2017, 10:59:45 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Actually Kyrie asking to be traded is huge for the Celtics. The possibility is, the Cav's may not be as strong as last year. This is a monkey wrench in the gears for sure. The Cav's look like they need to be rebuilt on the fly, and it's possible LBJ will waste this season attempting to do it.

If we got a healthy IT back, do we have a chance to get into the finals? Or am I dreaming.
I don't think you're dreaming. If they tell Kyrie to pend sand and keep him then that's going to make for some bad feelings. And I doubt that K.Love was happy with all the trade talks after the finals.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2017, 11:05:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
how about this conspiracy theory

Lebron told Kyrie he has a exit plan.... so if he wants out as well, to do it now

IF the cavs won it all last year, you guys really think Kyrie would ask to be traded?

« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2017, 11:09:48 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

I just asked above if we'd be favorites to come out of the East.  I'd think so, which is pretty wild.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2017, 11:12:49 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
ESPN panel going crazy if Kyrie goes to the Wolves. They could be really good

But they have nobody to offer in return... unless its for Wiggins...   that would be awkward!