Author Topic: Per Windhorst: Kyrie asked to be traded last week  (Read 31624 times)

Re: Per Windhorst: Kyrie asked to be traded last week
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
I kinda think Kyrie wants out now because he knows Lebron is out next year..

Oh, that's definitely a factor. At this point I think pretty much everyone assumes Lebron is gone next summer.

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2017, 06:02:00 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
So what can Cleveland get back in return? Looking at Kyries's preferred destinations that include Miami, New York, San Antonio and Minnesota-

If you were CLE- who do you try to get?

Whiteside and Winslow?
Aldridge?
Poryzingis?
Minny would be scary-good with Kyrie, but has nothing to offer outside of their core. 3 way?

Who would you shoot  for?
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2017, 06:03:24 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
So what can Cleveland get back in return? Looking at Kyries's preferred destinations that include Miami, New York, San Antonio and Minnesota-

Whiteside and Winslow?
Aldridge?
Poryzingis?
Minny would be scary-good with Kyrie, but has nothing to offer outside of their core. 3 way?

With 2 years left on his deal how much leverage does kyrie have to get to those destinations?

Dragic-Winslow and Teague Wiggins would both make sense to me.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2017, 06:06:10 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I kinda think Kyrie wants out now because he knows Lebron is out next year..

Oh, that's definitely a factor. At this point I think pretty much everyone assumes Lebron is gone next summer.

I actually don't think it has any correlation. If you believe Windhorst's report, then Kyrie contemplated requesting a trade after they won the championship last season.

Kyrie just wants to be "the man".
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2017, 06:08:50 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Whiteside and Winslow?
Aldridge?
Poryzingis?

With 2 years left on his deal how much leverage does kyrie have to get to those destinations?

Teague can't be traded think December though, don't know if Cleveland will want to drag this out that long.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Live look at Moranis and others living in Cleveland:

Hahahhaha
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2017, 06:12:15 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I see Phoenix as a perfect destination, and a perfect trade partner for Cleveland.

Eric Bledsoe, TJ Warren and pick/s for Kyrie.

Cleveland gets a good PG who would not mind becoming the 2nd/3rd fiddle to LeBron. And they get TJ Warren and pick/s. Phoenix adds Kyrie to their young core that is full of potential.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2017, 06:12:57 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Whiteside and Winslow?
Aldridge?
Poryzingis?

Beggars can't be choosers. So while they can "ask" for anything they won't be getting as much back as they send out.

Cleveland is in a bad spot. They have to win now or they have to tear down the entire team. So a guy like Winslow isn't a great fit. Whiteside would be nice but then they have to move Thompson. So then you're probably looking at a 3 or 4 way trade.

Irving for Porz is a non-starter in my book. I don't see NY having enough to get Kyrie. Anthony would be immediate help but there would have to be a whole lot more given up by NY to make that anywhere near an even deal.

Aldridge is a possibility because he hasn't fit in well in SA but he plays the wrong position. They don't want Lebron going back to guarding faster SFs.

Wiggins, on the other hand, is a deal I could see. Irving is the better player (slightly) and he's under contract for $20m a year for the next two. Minny is talking to Wiggins about a 5 year extension but he'd run about $25m a year to start. They could swap the two - Minny would be in a better position to win now (Butler, Iriving, KAT make a strong team) and Cleveland would get a piece that could contribute now but also be around when Lebron leaves next year.

In any case, if this becomes a forced trade then it's a good thing for the Cs because in that situation the team who is being forced to move a player gets back less than they send out.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2017, 06:15:05 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Whiteside and Winslow?
Aldridge?
Poryzingis?

Aldridge could maybe work with Murray. Porzingas would not be doable without a lot of salary mess attached. But in general they should just blow the whole thing up one year early...

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2017, 06:16:46 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Melo for Kyrie would be wild.

Basically puts NYK on a smarter rebuild and they get younger.

Cleveland rolls out LBJ/Love/Melo... an bigger offense to challenge GSW

The Celtics would crush a Melo/Love/LBJ squad.

Where are people getting this idea that Lebron, Love, and Melo are going to be able to exist together? Unless they start Love at the 5, which would absolutely kill their terrible D even more, one of them would have to come off the bench, which isn't happening, because none of them can play (guard)  the 2 full time.

They'd have to find another deal for Love. Perhaps something like Love for Bradley and Jackson? That would actually make some sense for both teams:

Jackson, Calderon
Bradley, Smith
Lebron, Shump
Melo, Green
TT, Frye

Smith, Moreland
Kennard, Galloway
Harris, Johnson
Love, Leure
Drummond, Boban

I actually like that Cleveland team better than what they had last year. It'd be much, much better defensively while still similarly offensively potent.

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2017, 06:18:03 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I see Phoenix as a perfect destination, and a perfect trade partner for Cleveland.

Cleveland gets a good PG who would not mind becoming the 2nd/3rd fiddle to LeBron. And they get TJ Warren and pick/s. Phoenix adds Kyrie to their young core that is full of potential.

Yeah, it is one of the few that makes sense.  Those posting about Kyrie moving for someone like Melo are dreaming - that is an all-time NBA terrible trade.

The only way Kyrie moves for someone older and decaying like Melo is if it guarantees Lebron resigns, which of course it doesn't, because someone like that guarantees nothing in terms of wins.

Gilbert screwed himself by not resigning Griffin, at all costs.  He seemed like the only competent non-Lebron in the organization.  Now they are boxed in to shipping either Lebron or Kyrie likely for quarters on the dollar.

I love it.

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2017, 06:18:04 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Whiteside and Winslow?
Aldridge?
Poryzingis?

Teague can't be traded think December though, don't know if Cleveland will want to drag this out that long.
TP for that info. I still think a Wiggins based deal makes some level of sense, but that means punting on competing with GSW next year which isn't something cle can afford to do.

You can't waste a year with Lebron James.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Whiteside and Winslow?
Aldridge?
Poryzingis?

TP for that info. I still think a Wiggins based deal makes some level of sense, but that means punting on competing with GSW next year which isn't something cle can afford to do.

You can't waste a year with Lebron James.

LOL could you imagine trading Kyrie for Wiggins after trading Wiggins for Love???? That would be beyond Knicks-ish of a trade.

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2017, 06:20:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Melo for Kyrie would be wild.

Basically puts NYK on a smarter rebuild and they get younger.

Cleveland rolls out LBJ/Love/Melo... an bigger offense to challenge GSW

The Celtics would crush a Melo/Love/LBJ squad.

Where are people getting this idea that Lebron, Love, and Melo are going to be able to exist together? Unless they start Love at the 5, which would absolutely kill their terrible D even more, one of them would have to come off the bench, which isn't happening, because none of them can play (guard)  the 2 full time.

They'd have to find another deal for Love. Perhaps something like Love for Bradley and Jackson? That would actually make some sense for both teams:

Jackson, Calderon
Bradley, Smith
Lebron, Shump
Melo, Green
TT, Frye

Smith, Moreland
Kennard, Galloway
Harris, Johnson
Love, Leure
Drummond, Boban

I actually like that Cleveland team better than what they had last year. It'd be much, much better defensively while still similarly offensively potent.

Just watch it burn Jpot

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2017, 06:21:02 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

Yeah, it is one of the few that makes sense.  Those posting about Kyrie moving for someone like Melo are dreaming - that is an all-time NBA terrible trade.

The only way Kyrie moves for someone older and decaying like Melo is if it guarantees Lebron resigns, which of course it doesn't, because someone like that guarantees nothing in terms of wins.

Gilbert screwed himself by not resigning Griffin, at all costs.  He seemed like the only competent non-Lebron in the organization.  Now they are boxed in to shipping either Lebron or Kyrie likely for quarters on the dollar.

I love it.

Phoenix and Bledsoe is the perfect fit for a Kyrie trade. You get a very good vet PG that will slide into Kyrie's role easily and pick up some more young pieces and picks. Phoenix get a great young PG that will really fit their young core. Plus it has the added bonus of making Phoenix better, sliding the Lakers farther down the totem pole..