Author Topic: Smart putting in work with Horford/looks ripped in recent photo  (Read 27529 times)

Re: Smart putting in work with Horford/looks ripped in recent photo
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2017, 08:22:38 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Marcus is load for other skinny minnie guards to slow down .  Bigs have to pick him up to contain him.   

I love watching Marcus work ,  not crazy about his outside shooting .....but when he plays mini center inside is fun stuff to watch  .   

Still my favorite Celtic to watch hands down.

Re: Smart putting in work with Horford/looks ripped in recent photo
« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2017, 08:45:44 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/905549244181999616
So for a supposed hard worker, why is the light only now turning on in terms of weight.  Hopefully this is true because dude was positively fat last year.

Do you think he kept the weight on last year accidentally? He was playing a ton of SF last year

But there is a difference between muscle and fat. While Marcus has always been truly strong, I am not convinced that being pudgy benefited him last season. Yes, he played a little SF last year, but he was still mainly a guard. With his tenacious play, having a strong 220lb guy instead of a fat 240lb is more important almost every time (except as an offensive lineman).

I am happy to see him putting in the work. While I doubt he will turn into Kyrie Irving on the offensive side of the ball, he should hopefully be a little more effective on basket cuts and it should help him better maintain his already high level defensive effort.

No offense, but comments like this are usually by people who have no clue what it takes to be either strong or ripped.

Yes there's a difference between muscle and fat, but it's nearly impossible to gain muscle without gaining some fat.

It's called a bulk.

At his age, Marcus should be taking advantage of his hormones and bulking as often as possible.

Most people trying to get stronger bulk until they hit 15-16% body fat, and then cut back down to 8-12% (20 pounds sounds right).  I guarantee Marcus never had a body fat percentage that was far off from that.

If that extra weight hurt him at all last season, just get over it, because it'll help him the rest of his career.

Marcus Smart is not a finished product.

You are barking up the wrong tree here, my friend. Physical fitness is a way of life for me and far too often I see people who think they are strong (because they are big), but are mostly just fat. These same dudes walk around thinking they can kick anybody's a$$, but they are really just losers. This is not Marcus, but I get pretty sick of people who just eat a lot, do a little bench press and curls and then stare at themselves in the mirror while their tight tank top struggles to cover their disproportional gut.

If you are thinking in bodybuilding terms - sure, there is a time and place for bulking up (and then adjusting diet to get as lean as possible). But, I am going to go out on a limb and say that Marcus isn't constantly worried if he is getting the ultimate definition in his lats.

Basically what I am saying is, even though Marcus may have originally put on a couple of extra pounds in order to deal sometimes deal with the rigors of NBA SFs, many of those pounds were not the right ones. Hence, the reason Marcus seems so excited now about being in the best shape of his life.