Author Topic: Lakers met with derrick rose yesterday  (Read 1576 times)

Lakers met with derrick rose yesterday
« on: July 21, 2017, 09:01:25 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Lakers are desperate and rose still hasn't found a team lol

Re: Lakers met with derrick rose yesterday
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 09:11:19 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Watch him meet with Brooklyn next. Not that he is this outstanding all-star player (anymore), but I would much prefer he go to a team that we are, a) not trying to compete with or, b) not hoping to acquire their high lottery pick.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 09:32:57 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
I refuse to believe the Lakers pick is unattainable until I see how they look in the regular season but I'll admit Rose is one of the few players they could add at this point that might make me start planning for 2019.

Hope he goes to the Bucks or Cavs.

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I refuse to believe the Lakers pick is unattainable until I see how they look in the regular season but I'll admit Rose is one of the few players they could add at this point that might make me start planning for 2019.

why?  The Knicks were tied for the 6th worst record last year and had Anthony and Porzingis.  Rose won't do much of anything for a team like the Lakers and he might actually stunt the young players' growth.  Rose is best suited as a back-up PG on a good team (Cleveland) or as a starter on a team where he doesn't need to be the guy (Milwaukee)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 11:15:20 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Watch him meet with Brooklyn next. Not that he is this outstanding all-star player (anymore), but I would much prefer he go to a team that we are, a) not trying to compete with or, b) not hoping to acquire their high lottery pick.

Brooklyn will have no interest in him. They are about building for the future, not becoming a nursing home for has beens

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 11:17:10 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
I don't care where he goes. His time as a needle-mover are ancient history. Lakers are just looking for someone to keep Ball honest on D, but Rose won't help much there IMHO..

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 11:17:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Brooklyn will have no interest in him. They are about building for the future, not becoming a nursing home for has beens
I could see them signing him to a 1 year contract with the hopes of maybe being able to flip him at the deadline for some sort of asset
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
perfect fit ....eat that cap space.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 01:18:10 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Rose is good for an additional 5 losses.  Come on Magic, pull the trigger.

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 02:52:27 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
So the Lakers are leaving no stone unturned in their quest to build The Worst Defensive Team of All Time.

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 03:05:59 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I could see them signing him to a 1 year contract with the hopes of maybe being able to flip him at the deadline for some sort of asset

I doubt it.  I think they'll be looking to give Russell tons of minutes and try and get involved in a deal at the deadline where they absorb salary and get a pick.  Paying and playing rose would cut into both of those
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 03:31:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

I doubt it.  I think they'll be looking to give Russell tons of minutes and try and get involved in a deal at the deadline where they absorb salary and get a pick.  Paying and playing rose would cut into both of those

Yeah they definitely want a chance to develop Russell and playing Rose major minutes would at least marginally interfere with that. They also are committed to Lin for solid minutes. Would have to say Brooklyn is probably one of the least likely destination in the league for him right now so we don't really have to worry about that.