Author Topic: Who will have a better season? Rose or Rondo and we still have AB  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
Who will have a better season?

Rondo with No Lo  (Only 3.3 Million)

Rose with Milwaukee?

Rose with Cavs

Avery Bradley and Aron Baynes   = AB....

Toss this out there:   Would you have co-signed this trade (IT, Jae and Rozier for the DC form No LO) and a pick from them if we could have signed Rondo.  LOL

Rondo/Smart
Hayward/Brown
Morris/Tatum
AL/Zizzic
DC/Baynes
Diggles

Re: Who will have a better season? Rose or Rondo and we still have AB
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:10:31 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Rose is just not that good anymore... He scored his second highest in his career after his MVP season, but his defense was atrociously and historically bad... I remember reading the Knicks were 9 points better on defense when he was off the floor.. When you consider the terrible miscue of a roster they had last year, it should speak volumes.

Rondo has proven that he is a playoff player, and can show up when he needs to. I don't think he really fit well in the Mavericks system. Mainly, because he was ball dominant point guard that needed players that can catch and shoot effectively and run in transition.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 06:15:34 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
Rose is just not that good anymore... He scored his second highest in his career after his MVP season, but his defense was atrociously and historically bad... I remember reading the Knicks were 9 points better on defense when he was off the floor.. When you consider the terrible miscue of a roster they had last year, it should speak volumes.

Rondo has proven that he is a playoff player, and can show up when he needs to. I don't think he really fit well in the Mavericks system. Mainly, because he was ball dominant point guard that needed players that can catch and shoot effectively and run in transition.

TP~  I think Rondo > Rose

But~

Didn't Rose have one of his best FG% last year at 18 points a game.  Seems like he improved from 2016.   Still not his old self....but not bad....Except on D like you mentioned. 
Diggles

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

TP~  I think Rondo > Rose

But~

Didn't Rose have one of his best FG% last year at 18 points a game.  Seems like he improved from 2016.   Still not his old self....but not bad....Except on D like you mentioned.

There are a lot of issues with Rose. For one, he still thinks he is a big time star (unless he has been dramatically humbled in the last 3 months). He spoke of the Knicks being a superteam when he went there last year (cause him and Anthony were superstars in his eyes). I also believe he made some comments over the course of the season of still viewing himself as an upper level player (but tough to find now buried in free agency rumors). As others have mentioned he is really bad at defense. He has never been good, but last year he was Okafor bad.

Secondly, if he signs on a one year deal for low money is he going to really be happy with a 20 minute per game role (which is what the Cavs would need him to do) and miss out on more money next year? That would be bizarre for a guy that has not been able to take advantage of the cap boom to be torpedoing his value for the sake of a championship run at 28.

Thirdly, he is a god awful shooter. Do people realize Rajon "can't shoot" Rondo is world's better at shooting from 3 than Rose? Rose the last 3 years 3 point shooting percentage: 28%, 29% and 21%. Rajon Rondo has actually evolved his game: 35%, 36%, 38%

So are we asking if a guy that has viewed himself as a star, is still in his age prime on a small one year contract and can't shoot will thrive playing alongside two ball dominant players that thrive driving and dishing? I mean could this be any more set up for failure?

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 07:59:26 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We still have AB? What exactly does that mean and what does have to do with the first question?

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 08:26:10 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
We still have AB? What exactly does that mean and what does have to do with the first question?

Aaron Baynes lol, I was confused at first too.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2017, 08:42:58 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

Well I guess I am still confused. What does "we still have Aaron Baynes" have to do with Rondo vs. Rose and why wouldn't we still have him?? The subject makes no sense.

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2017, 09:31:59 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Just makes me laugh to see that Rose, Calderon and J. Green is the best the Cavs can do.  I predict a very frustrating season for LeBron.   ;D   ;D   ;)

Regarding the question, I would say Rondo without a doubt.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2017, 09:36:01 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Well I guess I am still confused. What does "we still have Aaron Baynes" have to do with Rondo vs. Rose and why wouldn't we still have him?? The subject makes no sense.

I have read this title/thread like five times today, and for the life of me I still have no idea what it is trying to say.

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Rondo or Rose? I believe as of right now that Rondo is the better of the two but injuries will probably decide which one of these guys has a better year. Both are on the creaky side for guards...

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 09:51:43 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
haha..sorry guys.  I was listening to Marcus Morris phone interview and he referred to Aron Baynes as AB.   And I got a little sad.   I forgot to put that part and link in there.   

Rondo at 3.3 million I think is a steal.   
Diggles

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
haha..sorry guys.  I was listening to Marcus Morris phone interview and he referred to Aron Baynes as AB.   And I got a little sad.   I forgot to put that part and link in there.   

Rondo at 3.3 million I think is a steal.

It is a steal. It shocks me that fringe playoff teams aren't all over him.

I don't like the trade, mainly because of ideology. Rondo is a great player but he will always be ball dominant just like Chris Paul. Brad is the opposite of that, constantly wanting the ball moving. Add in Cousins and his difficult attitude and I think its just asking for chemistry issues.

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 08:04:36 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Even though I know the roster inside and out, those two letter abbreviations get me quite a bit of the time.  I saw MM the other day and the only name I could come up with for a minute was Malik Monk :o