Author Topic: Celtics officially sign Yabusele  (Read 9045 times)

Re: Celtics officially sign Yabusele
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2017, 12:14:00 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
The way Yabusele moves reminds me of Antoine. He's got the wide body but he's still light on his feet, looks like he's always playing on his toes.

If he's Antoine Walker 2.0, with a better work ethic, he'll be awesome.
TP. A 'Toine with a better work ethic can be a 2nd option on a contender or a 3rd option on a superteam like GSW.

Antoine was already the 3rd option on a championship team (Miami with Shaq/Wade) and was a top 2 option on our competitive teams of the early 2000s.

The work ethic thing confuses me, though. Is it because he shot so many 3s? Antoine was clearly the emotional leader of the Cs on and off the court and was a complete all-around player. I suppose he could have been more disciplined, but if Yabu turns into anywhere near the quality of a player like Antoine, then we should all consider ourselves very lucky.
When I say "work ethic" I'm talking about his off court conditioning and that his effort on the boards came and went. But I otherwise completely agree with what you wrote.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Celtics officially sign Yabusele
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2017, 12:24:52 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
The way Yabusele moves reminds me of Antoine. He's got the wide body but he's still light on his feet, looks like he's always playing on his toes.

If he's Antoine Walker 2.0, with a better work ethic, he'll be awesome.
TP. A 'Toine with a better work ethic can be a 2nd option on a contender or a 3rd option on a superteam like GSW.

Antoine was already the 3rd option on a championship team (Miami with Shaq/Wade) and was a top 2 option on our competitive teams of the early 2000s.

The work ethic thing confuses me, though. Is it because he shot so many 3s? Antoine was clearly the emotional leader of the Cs on and off the court and was a complete all-around player. I suppose he could have been more disciplined, but if Yabu turns into anywhere near the quality of a player like Antoine, then we should all consider ourselves very lucky.
When I say "work ethic" I'm talking about his off court conditioning and that his effort on the boards came and went. But I otherwise completely agree with what you wrote.
what may be under discussion here is what pitino said about antoine. he said antoine was enormously talented and was willing to put time in at the gym. but, antoine would go in to the gym, work like crazy, and when he left the gym, nothing about his game had changed.

antoine worked on what he already did and did not improve his over all game. he was not coachable in that sense. antoine played the way he wanted and was not that interested in changing.

plus, yabusele shoots the 3 at a much better rate than antoine did.

antonie career = 32.5%. he averaged 4.8 3 point shots/game, with a one season high of 8/g.

yabusele so far = 38.1%, plus he does not seem, yet, to have fallen in love with the shot. he has taken 3 per game.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva