Author Topic: Celtics officially sign Yabusele  (Read 8989 times)

Re: Celtics officially sign Yabusele
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I am indifferent in bringing Yabusele over this season. On one hand, he was a first round pick right outside of the lottery and already has a year of development under his belt; on the other hand, we signed Semi who seems to be ahead of Yab on the depth chart with his age and his seemingly defined 3&D role (not that either will play that much).

What I don't get is the signing of Larkin. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is 'trash' or anything and he seems to have worked hard on his game for another shot at the NBA, but for ownership to be willing to throw away a couple of million dollars just for the he*l of it, well, that just seems foolish. If IT potentially has issues to start the season, there should still be a couple of options out there, but that signing doesn't make much sense unless we are going to see a 2 for 1 trade in the coming weeks.

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 07:42:31 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I am indifferent in bringing Yabusele over this season. On one hand, he was a first round pick right outside of the lottery and already has a year of development under his belt; on the other hand, we signed Semi who seems to be ahead of Yab on the depth chart with his age and his seemingly defined 3&D role (not that either will play that much).

What I don't get is the signing of Larkin. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he is 'trash' or anything and he seems to have worked hard on his game for another shot at the NBA, but for ownership to be willing to throw away a couple of million dollars just for the he*l of it, well, that just seems foolish. If IT potentially has issues to start the season, there should still be a couple of options out there, but that signing doesn't make much sense unless we are going to see a 2 for 1 trade in the coming weeks.

Are there any sign and trade candidates that would fit what the cs want while moving smart?  Noel, Len?  If smart or rozier were moved Larkin would be needed as a 3rd ball handler. 

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I sure like the Noel rumor.....for the right price

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 09:15:19 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Agreed.  Last year, Celtics ate the $250K for the opportunity to look at Ben Bentil.  Seems like a more reasonable gamble.

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 09:57:21 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I sure like the Noel rumor.....for the right price

What's that now?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I think its a matter of using all our cap and then using these guys as filler in a trade before camp cuts.     
Diggles

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 10:04:55 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I think its a matter of using all our cap and then using these guys as filler in a trade before camp cuts.   

Guys like Larkin and Theis can't be traded until December 15th, so this is unlikely to be the strategy.

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Let the speculation pick up even more.  The Celtics have now signed Yabusele, bringing us up to 16 guaranteed players:

Quote from: Boston Celtics
The Celtics have also signed 2016 first round draft pick Guerschon Yabusele.

Yabusele 📝: http://on.nba.com/2uEf6mg

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/888131668384649217

prob cut nader or semi after pre season

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2017, 12:40:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Let the speculation pick up even more.  The Celtics have now signed Yabusele, bringing us up to 16 guaranteed players:

Prob not.

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2017, 01:34:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Prob not.

Yes...

What else? Unless trade opportunity presents itself

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
As much as I love Crowder's grit and all he may be on his way out. Danny may have to wait until training camp to make a decision but yeah someone is out and Crowder may have the most value in a trade. It could also be multiple players traded. A shoe will drop.

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2017, 02:42:52 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Prob not.

Yes...

Cutting Larkin or Theis. If Danny were planning on cutting one of those two he would have just picked one to sign and kept the rights to the other
I'm bitter.

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Prob not.

Yes...

Cutting Larkin or Theis. If Danny were planning on cutting one of those two he would have just picked one to sign and kept the rights to the other
My guess would be Larkin, unless Isaiah is having extended trouble with his hip and the C's need emergency PG help. But Larkin seems a lot more likely to go than one of the young draftees.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2017, 06:09:08 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yabu has a Barkley type physique.  Very strong and bulky at 6'8 270.  Maybe the better comparison is Draymond Green for a more modern type player.  He has had some time to dominate in China but we all know they have one of the easiest leagues in the world in terms of competitive level.

I expect him to compete for some time at the 4 spot.  It will be very interesting to see how well Ojeyle and Yabusele compete against one another.

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Yabu has a Barkley type physique.  Very strong and bulky at 6'8 270.  Maybe the better comparison is Draymond Green for a more modern type player.  He has had some time to dominate in China but we all know they have one of the easiest leagues in the world in terms of competitive level.

I expect him to compete for some time at the 4 spot.  It will be very interesting to see how well Ojeyle and Yabusele compete against one another.

Barkley  was a hell of an athlete....

Draymond moves a little better than Yabu....

Yabu is in between Draymond and Big Baby