Author Topic: Jabari Bird - sign him to a real contract? 2-way?  (Read 1558 times)

Jabari Bird - sign him to a real contract? 2-way?
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:37:05 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Should we use roster spot on him? 6'6 shooting guard that makes it rain from 3. Dare I say he resembles ray allen at times? Especially with the turnovers Lol. I say give him a nader like contract, or at the very least a 2 way

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/07/17/analysis-bird-a-pleasant-surprise-for-celtics/
“He did really well. I think he showed that he can score in different ways,” said Walter McCarty, the Celtics’ assistant who coached the summer league team in Las Vegas. “He can shoot the 3-ball, and his mid-range game is tremendous. He played tough players tough defensively. Getting blocks, rebounding, as well as scoring, so he showcased himself really well here.”

Summer league stats:
https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Jabari-Bird/Summary/27074
55 FG%,  43.8% 3pt%
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:44:02 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Jabari Bird - sign him to a real contract? 2-way?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 06:03:27 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
certainly an NBA caliber player. We are just so stacked with youth right now that it's going to be hard to squeeze him in.

Would love him as a 2 way contract. TP for the awareness thread!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 06:14:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
2-way contract.  I'd be shocked if they didn't have that agreement with him before he was picked.  My guess is he's checking out European teams to see if that's a better option, but he's not going to be on the 15-man roster for a season, or maybe two.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 07:44:16 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
2-way contract.  I'd be shocked if they didn't have that agreement with him before he was picked.  My guess is he's checking out European teams to see if that's a better option, but he's not going to be on the 15-man roster for a season, or maybe two.

TP. I agree. Seeing if he can make more money overseas makes a lot of sense.