Author Topic: ESPN: Bagley skips senior year & going to Duke. Projected #1 pick in next draft  (Read 22687 times)

Re: CBS: Bagley applies to potentially reclassify into 2018. (going to Duke)
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2017, 11:41:55 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Can anyone explain to me how this reclassification works? Like, how many years did he go to high school? Did he go to a traditional high school at all?

I guess I'm worried about this kid getting an education. I probably shouldn't, since he'll likely be a millionaire soon (even Harry Giles is a millionaire now) and can always go back to school but I'm curious how this works, if anyone knows.
he completed additional credits over summers I believe to make it enough to graduate early. Not 100% sure but that's how I understood it

Re: CBS: Bagley applies to potentially reclassify into 2018.
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2017, 11:50:02 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Bagley announcing college decision tomorrow

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/896864242812329985

Duke seems like the natural choice. or the youseeelayyyy

TP for all who predicted Duke.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/897300681043972099

Winners tonight:

1. Duke
2. College basketball
3. Bad nba teams (and Celtics)

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
We gotta hope that the Nets and Lakers stink + we get some lottery luck.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
We gotta hope that the Nets and Lakers stink + we get some lottery luck.
the nets traded their best player Lopez for russell who isn't going to win them any more games. Their roster looks like a d league squad

And Lakers are filled with a bunch of unproven guys many of whom have never played in the nba. I can't see kcp and glass man lopez taking them anywhere. Something tells me we are going to be very happy next draft lottery
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:28:26 AM by CelticsElite »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Edit:
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/20345857/marvin-bagley-iii-reclassify-2017-play-duke

just announced on ESPN- marvin headed to duke after forgoing senior year.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/897300681043972099

Highlights: https://youtu.be/yjwDQd_6BbY

Espn: offensively resembles a more advanced Anthony davis as a prospect, less defensively advanced though.  Also resembles chris bosh but with better footwork at this stage. Bagley can switch 1-5 defensively with no issues. Could use discipline but fits nba on D

Strengths and weaknesses: https://twitter.com/mike_schmitz/status/897296698166214656

This post violates 'truth-in-posting laws lol.

You cannot edit a post that was made on July 19, 2017 to reflect an event that occurs almost a month later. Come on now. It is confusing on so many levels.

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This post violates 'truth-in-posting laws lol.

You cannot edit a post that was made on July 19, 2017 to reflect an event that occurs almost a month later. Come on now. It is confusing on so many levels.

Well, it is better than creating an entire new thread. Although, in most cases, usually just the title is updated. He also wrote, 'edit,' to reflect the changes.

CE probably should have left his original post, though, and followed it with his edit.

On a thread related note - now we really have to hope for the best from the Nets. The Lakers pick likely won't produce Bagley (unless he disappoints), but at least he adds another elite prospect into the draft. No surprise on Duke - probably the best decision for him to go learn under Coach K.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Changing rhetoric heading to reflect a new event makes it look like a totally new thread.

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Changing rhetoric heading to reflect a new event makes it look like a totally new thread.

I have to agree. While it's not necessary to start a new thread, there are ways of parenthesizing to indicate that it is an update of an old thread.

10-yard penalty for false reporting. Repeat the thread.

Mike

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

Penalty declined.....4th down. LOL

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
People need to stop taking it for granted that Brook Lopez will do down with injury. He's played at least 72 games in 7 of last 9 seasons and the last 2 years he was shut down by the team and not due to injury. Hopefully, he's not the difference between the 2nd - 5th worse record and 7th - 10th.

I am so happy that we have a legit shot at Bagley (we would have had "0" shot if he didn't skip his senior season) that I wouldn't even care about the Lakers pick. Like I said in the past, I would, right now, give up both picks (Nets & LAL) if you can guarantee me Bagley will be wearing green next year.

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I have to agree. While it's not necessary to start a new thread, there are ways of parenthesizing to indicate that it is an update of an old thread.

10-yard penalty for false reporting. Repeat the thread.

Mike
true. There was so much outdated info in the original post that I didn't want to confuse anyone with  old news  like "Bagley is visiting USC" "Bagley still considering to reclassify" so I just erased it and the title with the most up to date status on Bagley

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Actually ESPN has him projected to go #2 to in the draft, to the Celtics (they project Chicago taking Porter at #1).

ESPN has Philly taking Jackson from Michigan State at 9 with the Lakers' pick. Sigh.

Sacramento takes the kid from A & M at 5, Robert Williams. Man, if the Lakers landed at 5, I'd love to draft that kid. He would fit in great for us, a strong rebounder and shot blocker. Really would fill a team need. 

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Actually ESPN has him projected to go #2 to in the draft, to the Celtics (they project Chicago taking Porter at #1).

ESPN has Philly taking Jackson from Michigan State at 9 with the Lakers' pick. Sigh.

Sacramento takes the kid from A & M at 5, Robert Williams. Man, if the Lakers landed at 5, I'd love to draft that kid. He would fit in great for us, a strong rebounder and shot blocker. Really would fill a team need.

Yeah, that ESPN projection (I'm assuming you mean the DraftExpress one) also has our pick going to Brooklyn (which isn't happening, it's not a swap we own their pick outright) and has 6 of the top 8 picks going to Eastern teams (which isn't gonna happen)
I'm bitter.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bagley
Tatum
Brown
Smart (gets it going on offense)

2019 pick

Sick!