Author Topic: ESPN: Bagley skips senior year & going to Duke. Projected #1 pick in next draft  (Read 22850 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Edit:
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/20345857/marvin-bagley-iii-reclassify-2017-play-duke

just announced on ESPN- marvin headed to duke after forgoing senior year.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/897300681043972099

Highlights: https://youtu.be/yjwDQd_6BbY

Espn: offensively resembles a more advanced Anthony davis as a prospect, less defensively advanced though.  Also resembles chris bosh but with better footwork at this stage. Bagley can switch 1-5 defensively with no issues. Could use discipline but fits nba on D

Strengths and weaknesses: https://twitter.com/mike_schmitz/status/897296698166214656
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 12:38:42 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: CBS Sports: Bagley trying to reclassify into 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 04:05:08 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
What I find interesting is that he adds a fifth elite prospect in a draft where we have a couple of shots at one of them.  That's huge for us.   Between LA and Brooklyn our chances of an elite player has improved.  Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Ayton, and Bamba.  We get on of them and I'm psyched.   Imagine getting two. 

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 04:06:38 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
What I find interesting is that he adds a fifth elite prospect in a draft where we have a couple of shots at one of them.  That's huge for us.   Between LA and Brooklyn our chances of an elite player has improved.  Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Ayton, and Bamba.  We get on of them and I'm psyched.   Imagine getting two.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 04:10:22 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Can Bagley play center in the nba? He's got the size at 6'11 but I want to know
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 04:22:21 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

Is center even still a position in the NBA? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 05:03:04 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
This is huge news, if confirmed he can reclassify. As I was saying yesterday, is it worth to send:
-Jaylen Brown
-Jayson Tatum
-Crowder's or Morris' bargain contracts
-Nets 2018, which could end up being Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Bamba or Ayton
-LAL 2018/SAC 2019, which could end up being Porter, Doncic, Bamba or Ayton

Four of the above for Anthony Davis???? Even if he is 24 and the best young man in the league.

He may get seriously injured. He may leave in 2020. It is tough to answer...but ultimately I wouldn't sell all our future for one player.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 05:05:55 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Wow.

Give me Bagley and Doncic right now !!  ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 06:17:12 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

It seems his natural position is a rebounding wing/power forward who can create and shoot. But at 6'11 with a 7'0 wingspan he should have the frame for it. He needs to add weight if he wants to be a center full time, but at 220 pounds he has a solid base.

Long story short, the guy has been on NBA radar since he was a freshman in high school because he shows a legitimate ability to play inside and out. He has guard skills as a large pf. He is the kind of player franchise's tank their tails off for.
#JKJB

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 07:55:15 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

It seems his natural position is a rebounding wing/power forward who can create and shoot. But at 6'11 with a 7'0 wingspan he should have the frame for it. He needs to add weight if he wants to be a center full time, but at 220 pounds he has a solid base.

Long story short, the guy has been on NBA radar since he was a freshman in high school because he shows a legitimate ability to play inside and out. He has guard skills as a large pf. He is the kind of player franchise's tank their tails off for.
Thanks a lot man, hope that we can get him and a big man like Ayton, Bamba or even that 6'10 7'4 wingspan guy who's mocked around 7. That'll be a nice frontcourt. Btw please take a look at the all time team thread.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 08:10:41 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

Thanks a lot man, hope that we can get him and a big man like Ayton, Bamba or even that 6'10 7'4 wingspan guy who's mocked around 7. That'll be a nice frontcourt. Btw please take a look at the all time team thread.

I think I would rather Bagley + a wing or guard. I think it would help with roster balance long term. I think the modern NBA has gotten away from 2 dominant bigs, and while Bagley has the skills of a guard, he will still be a big at the next level. If we wound up with Bagley and Doncic.....my goodness. If we just ended up with Bagley, that would be ducky too.
#JKJB

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 08:42:36 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Okay, So who's Bagley and what is reclassify mean?
Thanks

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 08:46:10 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Okay, So who's Bagley and what is reclassify mean?
Thanks

He's a top notch prospect who will make the draft next year stronger. That's good news for a team that might be holding 2 top 5 picks.  :)
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 08:55:56 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Cool, but what does reclassify mean? Thanks again

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Cool, but what does reclassify mean? Thanks again

He's old enough to get drafted next year, so if he has enough credits to graduate high school now instead of next year he can go to college this year and then be drafted next year (as opposed to going to high school for another year, then go to college and enter the 2019 draft, which is what will happen if he doesn't reclassify)

Basically he'd be changing what grade he's in to become eligible for the NCAA and NBA draft a year earlier
I'm bitter.

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 09:24:09 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

He's a PF. He would probably be most effective playing next to a bruiser like Baynes or Zizic. Most Cs in the league are still big strong dudes despite the media narrative.

And all signs point to a go. Duke it probably is..