Author Topic: Noel, Mavs far apart on deal  (Read 6463 times)

Re: Noel, Mavs far apart on deal
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2017, 09:18:07 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
why not trade Horford for him? and yes, i know he can't shoot.

Because Dallas wouldn't do it in 1 billions years

Sure. And they also wouldn't trade Crowder, Brandon Weight, and a 1st round pick for a player they'd send home 3 months later because they hated him so much.
Crowder was barely getting 16mpg on Dallas, hardly like they traded the strong 3&D swing he's become. Wright has always been thereabouts as a decent backup big man, and the pick was expected to be quite lowly.
They also didn't know Rondo would clash so much with Carlisle and co. So a bit weird for you to act as if they could predict what exactly was going to happen. Hindsight is 20/20

Also, I think they would rather keep Noel to help build around Barnes and Smith. So doubt they'd go for an old and incredibly expensive big man.
They would take Horford and laugh all the way to the bank, even if it was just to trade him later in the season. He has waaay more value around the league than Noel. Has Noel had interest from anyone this off season? There were plenty of teams with cap space to begin with, if they felt strongly about Noel he'd be on a team already.

I doubt it, considering they'd have to give up a considerable amount more to match salary wise, which could tip it over the edge.

I think neither team would want to do this. Dallas wouldn't really be interested in Horford, because they'd have to give up lots and they're a relatively young team, and Boston has no reason to give up their best big man.
Ok so I was basing this on the comment from trickybilly that 'Dallas wouldn't do it in a million years'. To me he was suggesting that a trade straight up would be rejected by Dallas. This also in the context that Noel gets his supposed market value of $20m per, which I also disagree with. Were that to be the case Dallas would not need to give up much more salary to make it work.

I absolutely agree that Boston wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be trading anyone on our team for Noel given what he is asking for. Same reasons existed 6 months ago when it was being brought up.

If it was Horford for Noel straight up do you really think Dallas would say no?
Straight up? Highly doubt they'd say no.

But you can't ignore context when discussing things like this, which seems to be very common on this blog sometimes.

Just pointing out that the quoting is all mixed up in this thread. I'm saying the opposite of what I'm quoted saying.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)