Author Topic: Nike eliminates home/road jerseys, reveals 2017-2018 NBA uniforms  (Read 12334 times)

Re: Nike eliminates home/road jerseys, reveals 2017-2018 NBA uniforms
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I wonder what they'll do about the St. Paddy's Day unis.  I always love the gold/green combos those 2-3 games of the season.

The black & green?  Not so much.

To each their own, I think the black jerseys look awesome. I feel like just about every other team in the league has a cool black jersey. Just my opinion.

I don't like the black.  I think its a lazy cop out by teams to generate more jersey sales.

IMO, there is about good black jersey in the Big 4 of North American sports;  the Raiders.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I wonder what they'll do about the St. Paddy's Day unis.  I always love the gold/green combos those 2-3 games of the season.

To each their own, I think the black jerseys look awesome. I feel like just about every other team in the league has a cool black jersey. Just my opinion.

I don't like the black.  I think its a lazy cop out by teams to generate more jersey sales.

IMO, there is about good black jersey in the Big 4 of North American sports;  the Raiders.

I wouldn't say that's the only one. I like the Nets black unis.  The Heat's black ones aren't bad either
I'm bitter.

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:01 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Nike. The New Coke of NBA jerseys

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This allows white to be worn on the road I believe, since home teams can select to wear color

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 06:33:05 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
i think its too much

at least if playing at home , the home team should either wear the the lighter or darker jerseys (standard)

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2017, 07:08:38 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
Nike. The New Coke of NBA jerseys
TP
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2017, 07:20:34 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
How about this as the 4th jersey

I'm not crazy about that look, but it's still miles better than the current black-numbered jerseys.  If the Celtics are gonna have at least four jerseys, I'm sure one will be either gray or black and that jersey is probably the best to hope for.

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2017, 11:44:41 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I don't mind the black jersey with the white letters

Re: Nike reveals 2017-2018 NBA uniforms
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2017, 11:59:38 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
With Nike now supplying the jerseys rather than Adidas, I'm hoping we may have seen the last of those horrendous grey sleeved jerseys.

Wishful thinking, let's see what happens.

Not wishful thinking at all:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nike-reportedly-planning-to-ditch-nba-sleeved-jerseys-next-season/
probably cuz lebron hates it lol

Everyone hates them. Players, fans, everyone.
I read that NBA jerseys don't sell well cuz fans don't want to show their arms. Lol it has good reason  but apparently fans preferred the shirts that looked like jersey

Even if that's true, where those even for sale? I have never seen them available, and if they were, I'm sure they would approach $300 for the on-court authentic version.

If you don't want to wear a sleeveless jersey, people should just by those tshirts with the name and number on it. Cheaper and easier.
CELTICS 2024

Re: Nike reveals 2017-2018 NBA uniforms
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 12:01:38 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
With Nike now supplying the jerseys rather than Adidas, I'm hoping we may have seen the last of those horrendous grey sleeved jerseys.

Wishful thinking, let's see what happens.

Not wishful thinking at all:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nike-reportedly-planning-to-ditch-nba-sleeved-jerseys-next-season/
probably cuz lebron hates it lol

Everyone hates them. Players, fans, everyone.
I read that NBA jerseys don't sell well cuz fans don't want to show their arms. Lol it has good reason  but apparently fans preferred the shirts that looked like jersey

Even if that's true, where those even for sale? I have never seen them available, and if they were, I'm sure they would approach $300 for the on-court authentic version.

If you don't want to wear a sleeveless jersey, people should just by those tshirts with the name and number on it. Cheaper and easier.
if nba jerseys were the least sold versus other sports, it would make sense for Adidas to want to popularize  it by giving sleeves

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2017, 12:06:18 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think the regular white and green are obvious. Then the alternate black letters (I really like them) are likely, along with the St. Patty's Day gold (LOVE these) being a must. I'm sure we would have a Christmas Day jersey. Then a throwback to something like what Russell wore would be cool.

There's only one more Nike should make for the Celtics this season.... Finals jerseys.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2017, 08:20:50 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
This guy has made up some interesting designs

http://www.iambrianbegley.com/projects/nba-nike-uniform-concepts/

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2017, 10:12:52 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

I wouldn't say that's the only one. I like the Nets black unis.  The Heat's black ones aren't bad either
The issue I, and probably many other have, is that black is not a color of the Celtics.  I mean, I get the marketing aspect but I'm pretty old school. 

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2017, 10:29:31 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
This guy has made up some interesting designs

http://www.iambrianbegley.com/projects/nba-nike-uniform-concepts/

I really dig that Celtics "classic" road jersey he designed.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Maybe Nike could go with some Jackson Pollock inspired designs or possibly Mark Rothko. For the artists out there.