Author Topic: Nike eliminates home/road jerseys, reveals 2017-2018 NBA uniforms  (Read 12386 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

most significant change comes to the back shoulder of the uniform where Nike designers altered the construction for a vastly improved fit. Additionally, the hemlines on the bottom of both the jersey and shorts were modified to allow for full range of motion.

Also;

The host team will pick which of its uniforms will be worn for each game and the visitors will select one of the contrasting ones from their collection. Previously, white uniforms were the default for home teams.

The first two editions will debut at the start of the season. The “Association” is formerly the home white uniform and the “Icon” is the previous road jersey, featuring the team's primary color.

Also, eight teams will have a “Classic” uniform available in the fall that they can wear at their discretion.

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-nba-game-uniforms

Pretty complicated

« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:29:26 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Nike reveals 2017-2018 NBA uniforms
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
logos too big, kinda wished UA actually did the jerseys

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 03:38:21 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
With Nike now supplying the jerseys rather than Adidas, I'm hoping we may have seen the last of those horrendous grey sleeved jerseys.

Wishful thinking, let's see what happens.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 04:38:02 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
With Nike now supplying the jerseys rather than Adidas, I'm hoping we may have seen the last of those horrendous grey sleeved jerseys.

Not wishful thinking at all:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nike-reportedly-planning-to-ditch-nba-sleeved-jerseys-next-season/
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 04:46:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nike-reportedly-planning-to-ditch-nba-sleeved-jerseys-next-season/
probably cuz lebron hates it lol

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Everyone hates them. Players, fans, everyone.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 04:59:10 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I read that NBA jerseys don't sell well cuz fans don't want to show their arms. Lol it has good reason  but apparently fans preferred the shirts that looked like jersey

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 05:08:04 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

I read that NBA jerseys don't sell well cuz fans don't want to show their arms. Lol it has good reason  but apparently fans preferred the shirts that looked like jersey

Do you remember where you read that?  Because I seriously doubt that.  I feel like most people wear a shirt under the jersey already.

Also I was under the impression normal jerseys are hot sellers for the league every year.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 05:35:50 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Also an interesting tidbit on the new Nike jerseys:

@royceyoung
Nike and the NBA are doing away with home and road jerseys. Each team will have four uni options and home team picks, road team contrasts it

Not sure I love this. What would the Celts 3rd and 4th jersey option be?

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Also an interesting tidbit on the new Nike jerseys:

@royceyoung
Nike and the NBA are doing away with home and road jerseys. Each team will have four uni options and home team picks, road team contrasts it

Not sure I love this. What would the Celts 3rd and 4th jersey option be?
I The host team will pick which of its uniforms will be worn for each game and the visitors will select one of the contrasting ones from their collection. Previously, white uniforms were the default for home teams.

The first two editions will debut at the start of the season. The “Association” is formerly the home white uniform and the “Icon” is the previous road jersey, featuring the team's primary color.

Also, eight teams will have a “Classic” uniform available in the fall that they can wear at their discretion.

http://news.nike.com/news/nike-nba-game-uniforms

Pretty complicated

Re: Nike eliminates home/road jerseys, reveals 2017-2018 NBA uniforms
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 09:31:22 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Since home teams decide what the competition wears, I wonder if there will be analytics to determine if certain stay play worse in certain uniforms for whatever reason (maybe players less visible in black for example). . The uniform is now a coaching decision

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 09:13:44 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I would pick the home whites for every game.  Screw the nba and Nike.

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 10:48:22 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
How about this as the 4th jersey

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
I wonder what they'll do about the St. Paddy's Day unis.  I always love the gold/green combos those 2-3 games of the season.

The black & green?  Not so much.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
I wonder what they'll do about the St. Paddy's Day unis.  I always love the gold/green combos those 2-3 games of the season.

The black & green?  Not so much.

To each their own, I think the black jerseys look awesome. I feel like just about every other team in the league has a cool black jersey. Just my opinion.