Author Topic: The NBA is Shady  (Read 1874 times)

The NBA is Shady
« on: July 18, 2017, 12:19:18 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The most Exciting passer in NBA history Magic Johnson, just so happens to take control of the Lakers front office when the most exciting passer since Jason Kidd.
 You really believe nothing suspect is going on here. To hear Magic talk about Balls passing tonight made me think about it. I don't know man. Everything is just too convenient.

Re: The NBA is Shady
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 12:23:45 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The laker-mavs game had soo many foul calls given to Lakers, seemed very rigged. A lot of people on other boards noticed.

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 12:25:29 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
The Celtics and the Sixers could have taken Ball if they wanted, they both passed. There are lots of questions about how well Ball's game will translate to the NBA, he's no lock to be a star. I'm not buying any conspiracy theories about Ball ending up in LA.

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 12:26:32 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The Celtics and the Sixers could have taken Ball if they wanted, they both passed. There are lots of questions about how well Ball's game will translate to the NBA, he's no lock to be a star. I'm not buying any conspiracy theories about Ball ending up in LA.
i think the point is the teams are in on the rig for the right money

The rig theory is basically saying that the NBA is a less obvious WWE

Anyone remember Chicago has like a 1% chance to get #1 pick in that derrick rose draft. Rose from Chicago. Ball from LA. Hmmmmmm

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 12:36:18 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
With the amount of money generated, I think all professional sports are susceptible to foul play. 

While this is a loose association, if any one is a boxing fan that has watched snippets of the Mayweather-McGregor promotion tour, it's a great window into the dumpster fire that pro sports can become.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 12:40:03 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Definitely a conspiracy.  Lakers front office clearly knew about Lonzo Ball before the draft, I'm guessing they even went as far as to scout him.  On top of that they had no reason to even fire their old GM, the Mozgov contract was universally well received.  So to bring in Magic... that just seals the deal on the conspiracy for me. 

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 12:50:15 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
2002 Western Conference Finals should be your final answer for Lakers riggedness.

Not enough?

2010 NBA Finals Game 7. That insane free-throw disparity between the two teams in the 4th quarter sure changed the outcome of the game. Otherwise, the Celtics would've celebrated their 18th championship at Staples Center that night.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 01:51:39 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Definitely a conspiracy.  Lakers front office clearly knew about Lonzo Ball before the draft, I'm guessing they even went as far as to scout him.  On top of that they had no reason to even fire their old GM, the Mozgov contract was universally well received.  So to bring in Magic... that just seals the deal on the conspiracy for me.
then they trade away Russell for a man made of glass lol

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Just an Incoherent post. Did you really think the Lakers we're going to lose their pick this year?  The NBA, where Rigging happens.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2017, 03:39:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
then they trade away Russell for a man made of glass lol

No, they traded Russell to rid themselves of Mozgov, clear cap space for George and possibly LeBron, and clear the runway for the most marketable player, since LeBron James.

You just don't realize how much money this kid is going to generate for the Lakers. You will see though. Stay tuned.

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2017, 03:47:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
i think the point is the teams are in on the rig for the right money

The rig theory is basically saying that the NBA is a less obvious WWE

Anyone remember Chicago has like a 1% chance to get #1 pick in that derrick rose draft. Rose from Chicago. Ball from LA. Hmmmmmm

And Lebron from Cleveland...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 03:59:24 PM by hpantazo »

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2017, 03:59:18 PM »

Offline clevelandceltic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Ugh. The NBA showed the actual ping pong drawing on its website like a day after the lotto. The way the lotto works is whomevers ping pong ball comes up 1st thats who gets the 1st pick. THe process goes all the way til the 3rd pick. The Cs numbers were pulled on the 1st 3 drawings. So in essence if they had that Lakers pick this year they would have had the top 2 picks.

Here is the video:

http://www.nba.com/video/2017/05/16/2017-nba-draft-lottery-drawing

I also agree with whomever said Lonzo is no lock to be a star. He still cant create in the HC. Is still thin and has a hard time creating his own shot.

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2017, 04:08:42 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Not to mention the Celtics traded down to take a player that many compare to none other than Paul Pierce! Stay woke, people!