Author Topic: Your alternative roster  (Read 641 times)

Your alternative roster
« on: July 16, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'm not starting this topic to criticize the moves Ainge has made or to question the strength of the current team. There are enough topics to have those discussions. What I want is to have some fun and form your own alternative roster now that the roster with which we shall start the season is about set.

Everybody has their own ideas and sometimes they differentiate a lot from what is actually happening and sometimes they're just minor adjustments. So let's go and create your alternative roster from the end of the season (playoffs) before the draft and free agency. You can name the trades or signings and or motivate your choices, but it's not obligatory. As long it's somehow realistic.

My trades:

To Boston: Carmelo Anthony, Kyle O'Quinn
To New York: Jae Crowder, Tyler Zeller, Boston '18, Boston '19
Use the cap space to take on Anthony's contract

To Boston: Stanley Johnson, 12th pick 
To Detroit: Isaiah Thomas, 37th pick, Clippers '19
Solution for the PG spot for the Pistons

To Boston: Mario Hezonja
To Orlando: Guerschon Yabusele
I have no faith in the potential of Yabusele, so I take a gamble

Draft: Markelle Fultz (1st pick), OG Anunoby (12th pick)
(Re)-sign: Gerald Green, Kelly Olynyk

Roster:

PG: Markelle Fultz, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier
SG: Avery Bradley, Gerald Green, Mario Hezonja
SF: Jaylen Brown, Stanley Johnson, Abdel Nader
PF: Carmelo Anthony, Kelly Olynyk, OG Anunoby
C: Al Horford, Kyle O'Quinn, Ante Zizic

I've given up more assets and it's not as strong as the current one, but I think the roster is more balanced, deeper and cheaper. I'm focussing on the future with Fultz and Brown. And hope that one or two of the group Smart, Rozier, Hezonja, Johnson, Nader, Anunoby, Zizic turn out to be capable starters. I'm really looking to set a high paced defensive identity while in 2019 and 2020 I have cap space due to the expiring contracts of resp. Anthony and Horford to strengthen the team on probably a much better free agent market.