Author Topic: Projected wins for 2017-18 (Pelton)  (Read 4180 times)

Re: Projected wins for 2017-18 (Pelton)
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 04:10:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I don't watch their games, unaware of their direction.  Crabbe is legit offensively.  You're quick to jump to conclusions -- Idk where you saw mocking in my question.

Apologies if I came off defensively, but just look the post above this one. It's kind of hard to have insightful discussions here.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they lack insight..

You sandwiching unfounded opinions in between exclamation points isn't really insight. Again, Crabbe's 3.8 attempts per game from 3 (in 28 minutes per game) is a sound sample size. D'Angelo wasn't the only Laker that suited up the past two years - they were dysfunctional throughout the organization. As far as Mozgov being their only guy over 6'9", so? They want to run anyway, go full bore small-ball. Tyler Zeller was one of the few 7 footers we had last season, we didn't count on him for a large role.
Jarrett Allen is 6'10".  For the record Boston only has 3 players above 6'9" this year (Horford, Baynes, and Zizic)
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 04:31:02 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

I don't watch their games, unaware of their direction.  Crabbe is legit offensively.  You're quick to jump to conclusions -- Idk where you saw mocking in my question.

Apologies if I came off defensively, but just look the post above this one. It's kind of hard to have insightful discussions here.

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they lack insight..

You sandwiching unfounded opinions in between exclamation points isn't really insight. Again, Crabbe's 3.8 attempts per game from 3 (in 28 minutes per game) is a sound sample size. D'Angelo wasn't the only Laker that suited up the past two years - they were dysfunctional throughout the organization. As far as Mozgov being their only guy over 6'9", so? They want to run anyway, go full bore small-ball. Tyler Zeller was one of the few 7 footers we had last season, we didn't count on him for a large role.
Jarrett Allen is 6'10".  For the record Boston only has 3 players above 6'9" this year (Horford, Baynes, and Zizic)

You guys got me. LOL. Let's resume later on when the Nets are on pace to win under 20..

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 04:38:20 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
I think 49 is odd.
I think the Cavs at 49 is odder...they destroyed everybody...except.

I say Celtics have 54 wins in the bag.

I also think Raptors are better than 43.

Cavs 56
C's   54
Raps 49

A five team race to the bottom will be interesting in the east...maybe the NBA can start permitting forfeits.

"Bull's forfeit after tough third quarter in Indy..."
Pacers outraged as they had wanted to forfeit at halftime and didn't for the good of the game.

If it wasn't for Ainge we'd all be praying for 24 wins and fighting with anti tankers...blood in the streets!

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 05:03:53 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Nets traded their only good player, and they're going to improve almost 10 games? Not gonna happen.

I can see the Lakers getting to 33, if a lot of things go their way. Really going to be hard for them to do considering how difficult their schedule will be.

OTOH, I don't see Sacremento being as bad as he lists them. If they were in the East they'd win 35 games.

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2017, 05:20:23 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Celtics- 60
Lakers- 31
Nets- 26

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2017, 06:04:05 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Very conservative estimate.  But that's fine.  I'm expecting us to be at least a 55 win team this season as long as everyone stays relatively healthy.  We could well win the #1 seed in the East again with Cleveland imploding.

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2017, 11:06:47 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
the conventional wisdom on the Celts that I keep reading is that they will have a slight decline in regular season wins, but are now much better built for playoff basketball.

Who knows ? Did any of these writers even play the game beyond, maybe, high school ??
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce