Author Topic: semi ojeleye  (Read 6466 times)

Re: semi ojeleye
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2017, 10:14:35 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I'm excited about Semi and his potential as a Replacement for Crowder. Crowder and his contract have significant value in the current salary cap environment. If Semi can replace Crowder's production on a rookie cobtract DA could flip Crowder for a protected 1st or young player(s) to a team that needs needs a below market salary like Crowder's.

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2017, 10:49:42 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Gets signed for 4 years-this guy is going to be special-
Have these guys watch tapes of Dave Cowens and what can be done with insane desire-

Aggression is a skill that he may lack at moment.A few weeks with crowder and marcus might bring out the bark in the dog.

Special? That's the conclusion you've made after watching about 8 summer league games against 90% of competition that will never be a part of an NBA rotation? Really? Haven't we seen this movie before? You said Jerebko would have career shooting percentages because he now has a basket as his house. He's now on the Jazz. You said Green was a human IED. He's now a Free Agent. Even Nader, who is a decent player that I hope succeeds, you've overrated to no end.

Unless "special" is your definition of "hopefully he ends up cracking the rotation before his contract runs out" then I'll just chalk this up as just some more Rollie hyperbole. But maybe I'm wrong, perhaps all he really needs to do is watch Cowens highlight videos on an endless loop and hang out with Smart and Crowder for a week.

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
20 minutes last night and not a single rebound.
Yikes.

Sounds like a Celtic already ::).
you mean a celtic such as zizic, right?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2017, 11:10:01 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He shot 43% from 3 on 7 attempts per game

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2017, 11:11:03 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
thanks, but is this summer league? college? both? his backyard?  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2017, 11:12:01 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Las Vegas summer league , all games

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2017, 11:24:27 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Nerf hoop on his door ;)

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:34 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Nerf hoop on his door ;)
those things are harder than actual basketball hoops so I'd be impressed lol

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2017, 12:10:29 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
He is definitely a bigger version of Smart so I'm not a fan. He just stands behind the 3 point line gunning 3s hoping they drop. If you're not on golden state the majority of your shots should not be from the 3point line.

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • bammokja
He is definitely a bigger version of Smart so I'm not a fan. He just stands behind the 3 point line gunning 3s hoping they drop. If you're not on golden state the majority of your shots should not be from the 3point line.
he made 43 percent of them in summer league, how is this "hoping" as opposed to actually "doing"?

Besides, a bigger version of smart who can shoot threes well is borderline all star. I would take smart with a three point shot, let alone a taller version.  ;D
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2017, 12:44:20 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Gets signed for 4 years-this guy is going to be special-
Have these guys watch tapes of Dave Cowens and what can be done with insane desire-

Aggression is a skill that he may lack at moment.A few weeks with crowder and marcus might bring out the bark in the dog.

Special? That's the conclusion you've made after watching about 8 summer league games against 90% of competition that will never be a part of an NBA rotation? Really? Haven't we seen this movie before? You said Jerebko would have career shooting percentages because he now has a basket as his house. He's now on the Jazz. You said Green was a human IED. He's now a Free Agent. Even Nader, who is a decent player that I hope succeeds, you've overrated to no end.

Unless "special" is your definition of "hopefully he ends up cracking the rotation before his contract runs out" then I'll just chalk this up as just some more Rollie hyperbole. But maybe I'm wrong, perhaps all he really needs to do is watch Cowens highlight videos on an endless loop and hang out with Smart and Crowder for a week.

It's not just Rollie who thinks highly of this guy.  In college he was an analytics wet-dream.  This was an extremely deep draft so some really great players fell into the late-first/second round. 

If Semi had the same college season he just had back in the 2015-2016 college season he would have been a lottery pick.  Look at Baylor senior Taurean Prince who went 12th in that draft.

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 12:47:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Im much higher on Yabu than Semi, offensively.  Think Semi can be used defensively in special situations. Impressed with his foot work.

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2017, 01:26:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
hope he is not another low LOW IQ ....Mickey or Young

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
A Three and D, Jeff Green.

A more natural shooter and better defender. He's shorter, but stronger and faster.

I hated Jeff Green, but that was because of his poor motor. I expect Semi to be able to defend, shoot the 3, and finish well in transition with his athleticism that makes him a solid rotational guy. If he can rebound at an above average rate he could be a starting caliber player down the line. Great pick by Danny.

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2017, 02:07:08 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
20 minutes last night and not a single rebound.
Yikes.

Sounds like a Celtic already ::).
you mean a celtic such as zizic, right?

And Captain Neckbeard.