Author Topic: Jackson released  (Read 9299 times)

Re: Jackson released
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2017, 05:21:17 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I think 2-way contracts means you can only stay with the big club for 45 days, so a 2 way isn't going to help much if we need someone to play while someone is out with injuries. It says 45 days and not games so you would be wasting those days when they have to practice. I bet the guys that get those are going to because they plan on never using but will use the days to allow them to practice with the Celts (Bird type guys/I hope Rosco Allen-Waffles is one).
45 days is something like 20-25 games, right?  That seems like amount of time short of a much bigger injury.
Since you seem to know more about 2-ways than I do, how long must they stay down in the G-league before being recalled again for another 45-day stretch?

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2017, 05:25:42 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Is Danny being a cheapazz or does he have no choice really?

Jackson is not great but is a decent depth player .... . SL celts have looked better when Jackson has played regardless of his production

If Ainge needs the money to lock up Semi , fine

but if he could have kept both...then why cut Jackson.

They have to fit the under the cap. dangercarts cap projection going into the season.

Is there a link to that chart? For Cs and other teams?
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2017, 05:29:37 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
surprised they couldn't find somewhere to dump him off and trade him to and get the $650,000 off the books, this way it could cost alot more in tax penalties in the future years if they strech him

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2017, 05:35:26 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
surprised they couldn't find somewhere to dump him off and trade him to and get the $650,000 off the books, this way it could cost alot more in tax penalties in the future years if they strech him

I'm a little surprised too.  I would've thought it made sense just to pay a team like $800k to take his $650k guaranateed.

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2017, 05:47:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I think 2-way contracts means you can only stay with the big club for 45 days, so a 2 way isn't going to help much if we need someone to play while someone is out with injuries. It says 45 days and not games so you would be wasting those days when they have to practice. I bet the guys that get those are going to because they plan on never using but will use the days to allow them to practice with the Celts (Bird type guys/I hope Rosco Allen-Waffles is one).
45 days is something like 20-25 games, right?  That seems like amount of time short of a much bigger injury.
Since you seem to know more about 2-ways than I do, how long must they stay down in the G-league before being recalled again for another 45-day stretch?

I don't know. That was info from something I heard mentioned only once before, I thought it was weird when I heard it, that's why it stuck with me. IMO It would be better if they limited the number of call-ups. I guess the players have to play half and half, it makes sense but I think it's weird it said days and not games.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2017, 05:59:12 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

I don't know. That was info from something I heard mentioned only once before, I thought it was weird when I heard it, that's why it stuck with me. IMO It would be better if they limited the number of call-ups. I guess the players have to play half and half, it makes sense but I think it's weird it said days and not games.

Yes, its 45 days.  Those days do not have to be consecutive.  Furthermore, days before the D-league season starts and after it ends do not count against the 45, so practically it will be closer to 60 or so -- about 1/3 of the season.

The reason it's days and not games is because players get paid based on days on a roster, and not games played.  This means if you want to just call the player up for practices and not for games, you pay him the same as if you call him up for games only and not practices.

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2017, 06:08:04 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Yes, its 45 days.  Those days do not have to be consecutive.  Furthermore, days before the D-league season starts and after it ends do not count against the 45, so practically it will be closer to 60 or so -- about 1/3 of the season.

The reason it's days and not games is because players get paid based on days on a roster, and not games played.  This means if you want to just call the player up for practices and not for games, you pay him the same as if you call him up for games only and not practices.
That helps, thanks SL.  They get paid a big league rate for being on the big club, regardless if they play or not, which I think is very fair to them.  Sounds like they can cover injuries pretty well with call-ups.  If some key player, god forbid, goes down for an extended period, then I think you are looking at more significant roster moves anyway like release of one of the 2-way players and signing a vet.

I am hopeful Demetrious catches on somewhere else.  He's had a good summer.

« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2017, 06:12:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

That helps, thanks SL.  They get paid a big league rate for being on the big club, regardless if they play or not, which I think is very fair to them.  Sounds like they can cover injuries pretty well with call-ups.  If some key player, god forbid, goes down for an extended period, then I think you are looking at more significant roster moves anyway like release of one of the 2-way players and signing a vet.

kinda sad .......he just seemed to be getting used to the pace and have confidence ......he just did not get enough court time to reach this level quick enough tonsave him.

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2017, 06:16:47 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Jackson is not great but is a decent depth player .... . SL celts have looked better when Jackson has played regardless of his production

They have to fit the under the cap. dangercarts cap projection going into the season.

so looking at this cart Celltic front office basically has to gut the team to give IT his Brinks Truck contract .

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 06:25:25 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Thank you! That is much better than I thought. It seems like it's even better for the players which is always good, the fringe players should be able to make a living wage without having to go overseas! Good looking out NBA!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 06:25:55 PM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ

45 days total for the season, with the NBA club. See: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q82

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

so looking at this cart Celltic front office basically has to gut the team to give IT his Brinks Truck contract .

Not really. We need to let Smart go to avoid going deep into the tax, but otherwise we're okay.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2017, 06:38:43 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

No? We have his Bird rights, we can pay him whatever we want
I'm bitter.

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2017, 06:39:42 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey

No, the Celtics can and will go over the cap, and even the luxury tax, to keep him.  Certainly in the pitches to Horford and Hayward ownership promised to spend.

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

You can't release one of the 2-way players to sign a vet.  The two roster spots they'll be taking up are exclusively for 2-way contracts.  You'd have to release one of the "normal" 15 players to sign a vet
I'm bitter.