Author Topic: Ed Lacerte gone too  (Read 13199 times)

Re: Ed Lacerte gone too
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Good riddance.

Why? I would love to hear your rationale on disliking Ed Lacerte.

What is your issue with Ed, RoyHe has been a good soldier for many, many years and is well-known around the league.  I think he worked for USA basketball too, which is fairly prestigious.  I have a colleague from a previous company who knows him well.  Good guy.  I have not heard one bad thing.

I am pretty surprised about all the negative and unfounded stuff being thrown around on this thread.  Please backup your statements, people!

EDIT: TP to green_bballers13.

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 04:35:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Good riddance.

What is your issue with Ed, RoyHe has been a good soldier for many, many years and is well-known around the league.  I think he worked for USA basketball too, which is fairly prestigious.  I have a colleague from a previous company who knows him well.  Good guy.  I have not heard one bad thing.

I am pretty surprised about all the negative and unfounded stuff being thrown around on this thread.  Please backup your statements, people!

EDIT: TP to green_bballers13.
gonna assume the kg knee problems 

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Good riddance.

I think Doo is going to stay and might take over. I'm pretty sure he's well liked.

I don't think his team have handled injuries right. IT's could possible been prevented when it first occurred in MArch. As long as the bone isn't misshapen, it's just a matter of rest. He should have been shut down for a few weeks, yes it would have cost us first place, but he'd be working out right now.

There are new ways of doing things. Pitchers are starting to use more heat than ice on shoulders. Blood heals muscles. Cold prevents blood flow, heat increases it. So we need more people who are up to date in the latest training techniques.

1) IT wouldn't want this.
2) Stevens wouldn't want this.
3) Ainge wouldn't want this.

4) The training staff problem had an opinion. Whether Doogie Howser or Donald Duck was on the medical staff, I'm not certain that their opinion was the most important. If they thought that IT was injured enough that his career was in jeopardy, I'm sure he would have rested more.

One could make the argument that the Celtics needed to do better than Utah in the playoffs to get Hayward to come to Boston.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 04:41:08 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Anyone hoping we steal some of the medical staff from the spurs and sun? Tim duncan  and Steve Nash  played for 1000 years. Or maybe get some doctors from tufts and Harvard

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good riddance.

I think Doo is going to stay and might take over. I'm pretty sure he's well liked.

He mishandled injuries to Big Al, KG, and Wally, among others.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 04:48:42 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Those 2 leaving is a huge deal. Whatever direction we go in now all that matters is that we get the best people.

BTW I actually used to go to Waltham Healthpoint and see Dr. Mckean and Hester and met Lacerte and Doo. I went all the time bc of a health issue that both Mckean and Hester were interested in bc a former Celtic actually had a similar problem.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 04:52:11 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Good riddance.

Then why wasn't he let go at the time?  I think there's something else going on here.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 05:04:01 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Good riddance.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here (I swear).... Usually not a good start to a sentence ha

but...

Can you articulate how he mishandled these injuries? Are you referring to hearsay, or can you tell me more about each injury and the appropriate treatment plan?

You are one of the more educated posters on this forum, so you might have more info than I have. I haven't seen any of those MRI's, and never used a goniometer to measure any of those players' range of motion post injury. I also was not in the room for any of the surgeries. I'm actually not sure about anything other than what was reported in the media.

Injury set-backs happen in every sport. Look at Gronk.

How do you have more information than I do about the proper treatment plan for Big Al, KG, and Wally? How do you know how Lacerte and his team deviated from protocol?

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 05:15:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good riddance.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here (I swear).... Usually not a good start to a sentence ha

but...

Can you articulate how he mishandled these injuries? Are you referring to hearsay, or can you tell me more about each injury and the appropriate treatment plan?

You are one of the more educated posters on this forum, so you might have more info than I have. I haven't seen any of those MRI's, and never used a goniometer to measure any of those players' range of motion post injury. I also was not in the room for any of the surgeries. I'm actually not sure about anything other than what was reported in the media.

How do you have more information than I do about the proper treatment plan for Big Al, KG, and Wally? How do you know how Lacerte and his team deviated from protocol?

With Big Al, they misdiagnosed bone chips in his ankles, to the point where Big Al was being labeled a malingerer. Instead, once they listened to their patient and cleaned the ankle, the injury went away almost immediately.

With KG, they underestimated the extent of his bone spur.

With Wally, they continually brought him back too soon, leading to recurrent injury.

Obviously, the team thinks they can do better. I welcome it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 05:21:52 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Anyone here discrediting Lacerte is just taking a total 100% complete factless guess at this situation.

No one here can say Lacerte mishandled injuries, you have literally no idea what you are talking about. You are just guessing because your favorite player got hurt.  It's laughable that anyone in this thread is taking such a stance against these individuals while having ZERO knowledge of the situation.

Unless some players and owners come out and say they thought themselves or their players were mishandled by Lacerte, then you will have a right to say 'good riddance' to a real person who put his entire career and the prime of his life into keeping the Celtics players healthy.

Show some respect and don't act so petty.

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 05:28:04 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
I guess we've just got to hope they bring in better people. Bummer because both were well liked. Especially Laverne.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 05:29:07 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4
Anyone here discrediting Lacerte is just taking a total 100% complete factless guess at this situation.

No one here can say Lacerte mishandled injuries, you have literally no idea what you are talking about. You are just guessing because your favorite player got hurt.  It's laughable that anyone in this thread is taking such a stance against these individuals while having ZERO knowledge of the situation.

Unless some players and owners come out and say they thought themselves or their players were mishandled by Lacerte, then you will have a right to say 'good riddance' to a real person who put his entire career and the prime of his life into keeping the Celtics players healthy.

You can absolutely evaluate the medical staff of a team. I don't think it's ridiculous at all.

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 05:32:39 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Without real evidence from medical experts, I think such suppositions are really iffy, at best.  this is medicine and beyond most of us.

Over on SoSHthey have some real docs and everyone defers to them.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 05:36:59 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Good riddance.

but...

With Big Al, they misdiagnosed bone chips in his ankles, to the point where Big Al was being labeled a malingerer. Instead, once they listened to their patient and cleaned the ankle, the injury went away almost immediately.

With KG, they underestimated the extent of his bone spur.

With Wally, they continually brought him back too soon, leading to recurrent injury.

Obviously, the team thinks they can do better. I welcome it.

Thanks for the response to what might have been construed as a condescending post on my part.   

Lacerte was the athletic trainer for 30 years. Athletic trainers collaborate with physicians to provide rehab services. As the head trainer, he was more responsible than guys like Doo, but just as (or even less responsible) for a diagnosis than the physicians dealing with Big Al, KG, and Wally.

This post is titled "Ed Lacerte gone too". I guess I was just caught off guard that you had such strong opinions about one member of a team that deals with issues much more complicated than basketball.

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2017, 05:39:13 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

First, I would tend to defer to Roy who probably knows recent C's history as well as anyone on this board!! 

Second, Roy or anyone else has a right to express his or her opinion as long as he or she does so in a respectful fashion (I know Roy, funny coming from me:-))!!  Matter of fact, Roy probably has a right to express his opinion more than anyone except for perhaps the revered Jeff Clark!!

Third, Roy was in NO WAY petty.  He expressed his opinion and then back up his opinion with three SPECIFIC examples.

Thanks so much for your years of service and I wish you nothing but the best as our Celtics move in a new direction.

Smitty77

P.S.  Sorry for speaking for you Roy, but that sort of got under my skin.