Author Topic: Ed Lacerte gone too  (Read 13195 times)

Re: Ed Lacerte gone too
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I wonder if that was a condition to the Hayward signing? I recall his trainer following the C's, are they going to start hiring people Hayward is familiar with?

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 02:46:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Wow insane. He was with the Celtics since the Larry bird days

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 02:48:04 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
C's need a new staff...one that can get them on the LeBron juice....this natural training has not been good enough.  8)
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 02:48:41 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
With the new training center they are building, I think they are orienting themselves more with modern sport science methods.

Maybe Doo and Lacerte were more old school and the C's decided to just go in a different direction.

Some info on the new facility:

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/misc-051016-celtics-to-build-world-class-practice-facility/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:57:54 PM by PAOBoston »

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I think its past due. I haven't been happy with our training and conditioning staff since the KG era. It is way past time to update their medical and training practices.

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 03:20:55 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I think its past due. I haven't been happy with our training and conditioning staff since the KG era. It is way past time to update their medical and training practices.
This.

By all accounts they were well liked in the locker room, but I'm not entirely their methods were the best.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 03:26:08 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
This.

By all accounts they were well liked in the locker room, but I'm not entirely their methods were the best.

I hate to agree with you guys but you're probably correct.  I wonder if the Celtics can hire the docs and training staff from the Suns.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 03:53:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good riddance.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 04:06:04 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Good riddance.

Why? I would love to hear your rationale on disliking Ed Lacerte.

I think Doo is going to stay and might take over. I'm pretty sure he's well liked.

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 04:11:25 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Good riddance.

I think Doo is going to stay and might take over. I'm pretty sure he's well liked.
Doo stepped down the other day. They are going in a different direction with the medical/training staff.

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 04:13:08 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Good riddance.

Doo stepped down the other day. They are going in a different direction with the medical/training staff.

Interesting- I thought he'd be involved going forward. I know that he is involved with NB, and thought there would be an integration with the new Celtics facility.

I wonder if this different direction will be associated with GE and their sports analytics package that the Celtics are interested in.

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 04:15:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I'm curious, are these decisions on the trainers and medical staff personnel decisions that Ainge makes, or ownership?

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 04:18:52 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Good riddance.

I don't think his team have handled injuries right. IT's could possible been prevented when it first occurred in MArch. As long as the bone isn't misshapen, it's just a matter of rest. He should have been shut down for a few weeks, yes it would have cost us first place, but he'd be working out right now.

There are new ways of doing things. Pitchers are starting to use more heat than ice on shoulders. Blood heals muscles. Cold prevents blood flow, heat increases it. So we need more people who are up to date in the latest training techniques. 

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 04:27:30 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
Good riddance.

I don't think his team have handled injuries right. IT's could possible been prevented when it first occurred in MArch. As long as the bone isn't misshapen, it's just a matter of rest. He should have been shut down for a few weeks, yes it would have cost us first place, but he'd be working out right now.

There are new ways of doing things. Pitchers are starting to use more heat than ice on shoulders. Blood heals muscles. Cold prevents blood flow, heat increases it. So we need more people who are up to date in the latest training techniques.

I think you're assuming that Lacerte/Doo are not on the cutting edge. I don't think that's fair. I'm not related to these guys, or even know them.

I do know that Lacerte was well respected around the league. Your assumption that he's out of touch might be that he's older now, which isn't a valid reason. There are plenty of older people that stay savvy with modern medical advancements.

Doo is younger and has his own practice. There's nothing there that tells me that he's not up-to-date with medical research/advancement.

My guess is that ownership/management got excited by something else and wanted to try it. This is different than saying the other guys weren't good enough.

I actually thought they handled the Celtics well during their championship run and the years after. It was known around the league that the Celtics were resting for the playoffs, similar to how the Cavs are (intelligently) treating Lebron.