Author Topic: Rondo signs with Pelicans  (Read 9965 times)

Re: Rondo signs with Pelicans
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I hope he can lead them to the playoffs. Holliday can play without the ball.
Yeah, I would not play Holiday out of position for Rondo.  Rondo is veteran insurance/back up in my mind.

I would take Rondo over Holiday 10/10 times.

It's hard to measure heart.

What's wrong with Holiday's heart? He has yet to skip games for birthday parties, nor has he declined to play defense for seasons at a time. He gives effort even when not on national television, and isn't a stats padder.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Anthony Davis - Rondo's last Celtic asisst! :D
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 08:25:54 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Yeah, I would not play Holiday out of position for Rondo.  Rondo is veteran insurance/back up in my mind.

What's wrong with Holiday's heart? He has yet to skip games for birthday parties, nor has he declined to play defense for seasons at a time. He gives effort even when not on national television, and isn't a stats padder.

Ouch!
You forgot the Mavericks and Carlisle rant, connect 4 and feud with Ray Allen. 

I can feel your anger, it gives you focus, makes you stronger.
Take my weapon, strike me down.
Good! Your hate has made you powerful.
Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Eh, I think Rondo is a better fit than Holiday.

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 08:48:30 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Ouch!
You forgot the Mavericks and Carlisle rant, connect 4 and feud with Ray Allen. 

I can feel your anger, it gives you focus, makes you stronger.
Take my weapon, strike me down.
Good! Your hate has made you powerful.
Now, fulfill your destiny and take your father's place at my side!

lol you'd think that Rajon Rondo (and Doc Rivers) was Darth Vader AND The Emperor (or vice versa).

Will never understand the vitriol towards these two on here.

Neither of them were / are perfect. But they are / were CELTIC.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Happy for Rajon.

He's playing with 2 of the best bigs in the game right now.

As long as the coach gives him the KEYS from the GET GO they will be fine and should make the playoffs.

Trust Rondo.

He's proved himself in CHI - after a rocky start he finished WELL - giving BOS quite the scare and looking every bit as in control of things as he was from 2010-2012.

He was key in supporting the rookies as well.

Again I wish him well.
Rondo did well in Chicago even when benched, complete team player.  I do feel if he wasn't injured we do not get by Chicago.  Rondo was playing an amazing all around game. 

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 10:10:14 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
More good news for the Laker pick.  Makes the Pels much better AND, he might have actually helped LAL with Lopez there.

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 10:16:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Everytime there's an espn article on rondo, someone in espn comments says how rondo helped the bulls in the playoff.. I don't understand this point, he did decent in 2 whole games. They got eliminated. It really doesn't matter if he won those games for the bulls because it was only 2 games.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 10:38:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Ah yes. When Rondo was averaging more rebs than any other guard, or when he led the league in steals, or when he led the league in assists three times, or when he played through a dislocated elbow in the playoffs making shots with one arm, or that time in the 2011 playoffs where he became the only Celtic other than Bird to get a triple double in a game 7, or the time he became the only player in NBA history to go for 44, 10 assists, and 8 rebs in a playoff game, or the four all defensive teams....that was cause he was just a no heart stat peddler playing all his games on national television.

I never said we should trade Brady (go back...check it) but I'd put "We should trade Brady for Sanchez" up against that statement right there any day. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:07:09 AM by eja117 »

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 10:39:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Everytime there's an espn article on rondo, someone in espn comments says how rondo helped the bulls in the playoff.. I don't understand this point, he did decent in 2 whole games. They got eliminated. It really doesn't matter if he won those games for the bulls because it was only 2 games.

He DID help CHI - and proved to the NBA (and the world) that he can STILL put his handprints on a game and series.

To be quite honest - a part of me was CHEERING for him - to silence the hatred from some on here towards him.

Rajon Rondo controlled that series - showing / reminding us all what made him special while he was in BOS.

He gave us his Ricardo Montalban / Khan impression - even though his best days are slowly passing away.

YES - Rajon Rondo ALMOST came back from the dead to beat his old team. But I believe that he showed folks "just enough" to let us know he's still a very dangerous PG in this game.

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Stat peddlers are always playing on torn ACLs and then showing up to play the next day. Happens all the time.

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4701669/rondo-played-12-minutes-on-torn-acl

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2017, 12:49:19 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Rondo went through many stretches where he was a warrior for the celtics. Holliday may have been similar in Philly or NO- I just can't remember (m)any times when I thought he was the best player on the court playing the hardest.

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2017, 01:15:43 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Love Rondo, but hope this somehow upsets Anthony Davis.  I'm convinced that he's our ticket to the promised land.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2017, 02:22:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
^ agree. That locker room should be pretty funny after losses with 2 knuckleheads.

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2017, 03:32:49 AM »

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
As others have said, I don't get the negativity by C's fans towards Rondo. Was he perfect? No, but he was the best player on the court in multiple playoff series that featured bigger stars than he was at the time, and as others have said, was an absolute warrior at times in Boston.

If he was as much of a malcontent as people would have you believe, then why is he still so close to Pierce, Garnett and Perk? Those guys were all winners that wouldn't stay close to someone that's no longer on their team if he was such a headcase.

I love the shape our franchise is in right now, but that doesn't mean that Rondo's career in Boston can/should be minimized.

If New Orleans stays healthy, that offense should be very tough to stop.