Author Topic: Improvement in Shot Creation  (Read 1183 times)

Improvement in Shot Creation
« on: July 19, 2017, 03:36:56 AM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
One thing I'm excited about this coming season is the massive improvement that this roster has taken in terms of creating shots\opportunities in offense. Shot creation we had last year was basically IT with a little bit of Al Horford. This upcoming season we have IT, Hayward, Tatum, Morris, Horford and even Nader.

Re: Improvement in Shot Creation
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 03:40:28 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
The floor spacing will improve that's for sure

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:49:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
One thing I'm excited about this coming season is the massive improvement that this roster has taken in terms of creating shots\opportunities in offense. Shot creation we had last year was basically IT with a little bit of Al Horford. This upcoming season we have IT, Hayward, Tatum, Morris, Horford and even Nader

Hopefully, less quarters where our offense vanishes. 

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 08:00:02 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
One thing I'm excited about this coming season is the massive improvement that this roster has taken in terms of creating shots\opportunities in offense. Shot creation we had last year was basically IT with a little bit of Al Horford. This upcoming season we have IT, Hayward, Tatum, Morris, Horford and even Nader

We'll go as far as our 2nd unit takes us... so 2nd quarters and the end of 3rds will make or break us. This is why I think this year Crowder may very well be our most important player. Even if he starts, I think his minutes will be staggered as such that he spends a lot of time with the 2nd unit. He needs to be a Most Improved Player / 6th man of the year candidate or our bench will be toast.

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 08:08:35 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

We'll go as far as our 2nd unit takes us... so 2nd quarters and the end of 3rds will make or break us. This is why I think this year Crowder may very well be our most important player. Even if he starts, I think his minutes will be staggered as such that he spends a lot of time with the 2nd unit. He needs to be a Most Improved Player / 6th man of the year candidate or our bench will be toast.
Well, the good news is that with the addition of Hayward, they may be able to stagger the minutes where one of IT, Hayward, and Horford can be on the floor with the bench unit.

Even if Crowder does start, the Cs can role out a bench unit of Rozier/Smart/Tatum/Morris. I think we'll see a nice improvement from the bench this year.

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 10:50:28 AM »

Offline ThePaintedArea

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 111
One thing I'm excited about this coming season is the massive improvement that this roster has taken in terms of creating shots\opportunities in offense. Shot creation we had last year was basically IT with a little bit of Al Horford. This upcoming season we have IT, Hayward, Tatum, Morris, Horford and even Nader.

They'll be running offense through Jaylen Brown as well. He'll play a bigger role in that than Morris or Nader, it's safe to say, and certainly than Tatum in his rookie year.

The chemistry between Jaylen and Jayson in Summer League was very encouraging.

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 10:54:50 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Why?

Crowder isn't a shot creator. He needs to double down on his defensive effort and continue to hit 3s at above a 37% rate. He's a defensive stopper, not an offensive weapon. I don't see him needing to be the Most Improved Player. He is who he is.

If Hawyard and IT are taking a break, it will be up to Brown/Tatum to create offense. While I'm not sure Brown can do that yet, I'm strongly encouraged that Tatum can generate his own offense even as a rookie.

I think we have a much better bench this year - deeper, more talented and more versatile. The only thing it lacks is experience.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Btw the additions of Hayward & Tatum, I certainly expect it to be better this year.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 03:31:57 PM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62

Why?

Crowder isn't a shot creator. He needs to double down on his defensive effort and continue to hit 3s at above a 37% rate. He's a defensive stopper, not an offensive weapon. I don't see him needing to be the Most Improved Player. He is who he is.

If Hawyard and IT are taking a break, it will be up to Brown/Tatum to create offense. While I'm not sure Brown can do that yet, I'm strongly encouraged that Tatum can generate his own offense even as a rookie.

I think we have a much better bench this year - deeper, more talented and more versatile. The only thing it lacks is experience.

Agreed that he isn't a shot creator but last year he developed into one of our more competent spot up shooters at all levels. If he can do that off of Tatum post-ups and Brown/Rozier/Smart drives then he will be a useful release valve for our offense... I'm thinking Danny Green for Spurs

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Why?

Agreed that he isn't a shot creator but last year he developed into one of our more competent spot up shooters at all levels. If he can do that off of Tatum post-ups and Brown/Rozier/Smart drives then he will be a useful release valve for our offense... I'm thinking Danny Green for Spurs

That's fine but it doesn't require him to improve one bit. Jae just needs to continue to be Jae with a slightly better emphasis on defense this year.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.