Author Topic: Would you trade Rozier for a PF?  (Read 6911 times)

Re: Would you trade Rozier for a PF?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 08:45:58 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I would have rather traded Rozier to Orlando (if the Magic would have been down for that, anyway) for their second round picks at 33 and 35, respectively, in the draft, but we are where we are :-\. Sigh.

What would that have accomplished?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 09:44:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I would have rather traded Rozier to Orlando (if the Magic would have been down for that, anyway) for their second round picks at 33 and 35, respectively, in the draft, but we are where we are :-\. Sigh.

Umm, how about giving us the ability to acquire even more talent in a loaded draft for two hundred, Alex ;D.

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 11:18:32 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Chasson Randle and Terry Rozier have very similar stats and measurables.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.fcgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1_hint=Terry+Rozier&player_id1_select=Terry+Rozier&y1=2017&player_id1=roziete01&idx=players&player_id2_hint=Chasson+Randle&player_id2_select=Chasson+Randle&y2=2017&player_id2=randlch01&idx=players

Terry Rozier, Louisville: 33” no-step vert, 38” max vert, 10.88 lane agility, 3.15 ¾ sprint

Chasson Randle, Stanford: 33.5” no-step vert, 39.5” max vert, 10.61 lane agility, 3.20 ¾ sprint

http://www.nbadraft.net/2015-nba-draft-combine-athleticism-test-analysis

Chasson Randle   PG   4.50%   6' 0 1/4''   8' 0 1/2''   178.8   6' 7''
Terry Rozier   PG-SG   5.60%   6' 0 3/4''   8' 2 1/2''   190.2   6' 8 1/4''

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2465240-nba-combine-2015-results-day-1-measurements-highlights-and-top-prospects

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9m7a4lm

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 04:00:31 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
No need to pick up a rotation 4 like O'Quinn or Vonleh, they've already got (in no order) Morris/Yabusele/Crowder/Semi/Theis as guys who will spend time there at some point or another, and that's if we count Horford strictly as a full-time 5 with Baynes and Zizic (my guess is we'll see some big lineups with Horford and one of the pure 5s at times as well).

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 04:07:07 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
There's a lot of good bigs in next years draft.  No need to trade a guy like Rozier for one now.

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Umm, how about giving us the ability to acquire even more talent in a loaded draft for two hundred, Alex ;D.

You are underrating Rozier a lot. Did you see the playoffs?

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 04:46:26 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Does anyone here think (as I do) that this may be selling low on Rozier?  TR could be on the verge of a breakout season (he's at the right age and point in his career).  TR has skills and now has some experience and an off-season to strengthen his game.  At this point in his contract he has every conceivable incentive to take his game up a notch.   BTW, "breakout" is used here in relative terms.  I consider a breakout for TR to be 20 consistent backup mpg and upping averages to 8-10 pts and 4-5 assists with tenacious defense.  He'd have some good value at trade deadline if he can do this. 

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Given the news about D.Jackson being waived, it seems Rozier is pretty valuable as either the backup PG or 3rd string if they play Smart as backup.

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2017, 05:00:49 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

context: Beat LA believes that this team could beat the Golden State Warriors.
Absolutely, imo.

Starters:

C Daniel Ochefu
PF Jarrod Uthoff
SF Nigel Hayes
SG Malcolm Hill
PG Xavier Rathan-Mayes

Bench:

PF/C Moses Kingsley
PF Jacob Wiley
SG/SF/PF Deonte Burton (I really have no clue as to what position this dude plays, btw, lol ;D)
SG/SF Antonius Cleveland
SG Peter Jok/Wayne Selden
PG P.J. Dozier/Gary Payton II
Worth noting that Rozier for 33 and 35 is probably more value than you are likely to get for rozier but within the context of our team it doesn't make much sense.

I'd rather have 4 years of Thornwell and Bell than 2 years of Rozier in a vacuum.

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2017, 05:40:36 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Our PFs right now are Morris and Zizic with maybe Theis also (although I see Theis as the #3 center).  Yabusele may be added to this mix.  I see no need to trade Rozier in the off season.  I think he will play regular minutes off the bench to start the season.  As Tatum and Brown develop, Rozier may play less but he remains a very useful bench combo guard.

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2017, 06:06:45 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
I don't think that Terry Rozier would return a PF that is better than what we have. I think that Horford/Crowder/Morris will do for now. If I'm looking to improve this position, it's probably going to be for a Porzingis/Aldridge/Favors type player. I don't see Terry Rozier, in isolation, returning any of these guys.

Stay the course, pick another big man in FA or the draft. Rozier is a depth guard that could be useful, but most likely will be Just Another Guy.

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 06:26:46 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Our PFs right now are Morris and Zizic with maybe Theis also

No way Zizic is a PF.

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 06:28:46 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Our PFs right now are Morris and Zizic with maybe Theis also

No way Zizic is a PF.
Yeah not really sure how one can look at a PF rotation that contains a small forward, a rookie center and Daniel Theiss and think we are set there.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2017, 06:30:26 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Trading rozier would leave us with smart as the only guard backup for either 1 or the 2

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2017, 03:41:17 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

I did, and while he did have some good moments and nice performances, I just feel that at the end of the day he's a two guard stuck in a point guard's body who can neither shoot nor run a team, although he does rebound, so there's that ::). He's a good athlete, to be sure, but often times in watching him I come away seriously wondering about what, if anything, is going on upstairs, as he simply plays out of control all too often, imo.

I'd also venture to say that you're significantly underrating the players taken in the second round and afterwards in this year's draft, but I'm weird.