Author Topic: Celtics (3-0) vs Warriors (1-3) Vegas SL Game #4 7/13/17  (Read 21543 times)

Re: Celtics (3-0) vs Warriors (1-3) Vegas SL Game #4 7/13/17
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2017, 07:28:50 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Zizic looks much more comfortable these las few games.
He still has bad hands, turns the ball over, very slow reacting, can't seem to pass...(sigh)

I guess I'm seeing a different player than you are. 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists , 3 blocks...
That's obviously true and I didn't citizens his offense or rebounding. I just think he is too slow and clumsy. He can't pass, in spite of 2 assists.  Not sure he will make a significant contribution this season. I hope I'm wrong.

IDK man, he looks like far and away like the best big in the SL. He destroyed Zach Collins and now he's eating up Bell..
Was't surprised about Collins, Zizic is just too big. In fact, most of his success in SL seems to be because he is bigger than everybody else.

And that's a bad thing? lol It's not like the C's didn't need size...
The size difference won't be nearly as much at the next level.

Why wouldn't it? It does whenever the C's are getting pounded on the glass.
]

Ante is going to be a big strong MFer at every level, just like he's been in Adriatic League, Euroleague, and now SL.

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2017, 07:30:30 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
He still has bad hands, turns the ball over, very slow reacting, can't seem to pass...(sigh)

I guess I'm seeing a different player than you are. 14 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists , 3 blocks...
That's obviously true and I didn't citizens his offense or rebounding. I just think he is too slow and clumsy. He can't pass, in spite of 2 assists.  Not sure he will make a significant contribution this season. I hope I'm wrong.

We won't be running the offense through him, that is for sure.

I just want him to rebound, defend the rim, and deliver the occasional hard hit on LeBron.

Any offense we get from him is just gravy.

Right. Remember how man open looks around the rim Zeller got last year? Those will be Zizic's this year. If he can finish at the rim better than Zeller and rebound better than Zeller, that's an improvement!

This seems accurate and reasonable. He's not prime Gortat, but he's better than Zeller.

Yeah, next year Zizic is better than Zeller not as good as prime Gortat. That seems accurate to me...

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2017, 07:31:51 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
[dang]. I was holding out hope that Semi, Zizic, and DJax would go back in.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2017, 07:32:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Me too...

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2017, 07:34:11 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Who will be better, Ball or Simmons? I'd say Ball because he can actually shoot. Last year's class has nothing on this years IMO.

« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2017, 07:34:24 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Mercy rule

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2017, 07:34:40 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

I just want him to rebound, defend the rim, and deliver the occasional hard hit on LeBron.

Right. Remember how man open looks around the rim Zeller got last year? Those will be Zizic's this year. If he can finish at the rim better than Zeller and rebound better than Zeller, that's an improvement!

This seems accurate and reasonable. He's not prime Gortat, but he's better than Zeller.

Yeah, next year Zizic is better than Zeller not as good as prime Gortat. That seems accurate to me...
Fair enough, and I agree.  He's a better 3rd string center than Zeller. Not a significant contributor. 

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2017, 07:36:35 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Just joining the game.... which was a slaughter. ;D

Aside from ante "the monster" zizic, who looked good?

And I am impressed that zizic is looking good
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
SERIOUS QUESTION.

Is this summer league team better than the Nets' regular team?  ???  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2017, 07:36:55 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

LOL the guy is 20. Peak Gortat (15 and 10 with PER of 21) didn't happen until his 6th year..

« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Fair enough, and I agree.  He's a better 3rd string center than Zeller. Not a significant contributor.

He will play, especially depending on matchups...

« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2017, 07:39:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

LOL the guy is 20. Peak Gortat (15 and 10 with PER of 21) didn't happen until his 6th year..

Yeah, I'm just stating a very wide range that Zizic will fall into. I really like Zizic's motor and I like his positioning and verticality.

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2017, 07:39:36 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

I would hope he's better than Zeller. Zeller has been terrible his whole career aside from 1 year. He's had a negative VORP for the last two years..

« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2017, 07:41:05 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Just joining the game.... which was a slaughter. ;D

Aside from ante "the monster" zizic, who looked good?

And I am impressed that zizic is looking good

Jabari Bird hit all kinds of dribble penetration mid range shots and pull ups, looked like a 2-way contract player.

I thought DJax looked good, and could potentially stay on the roster depending on the next few games.

Semi showed versatility, hitting spot up 3's and had a play where he rebounded his own miss 2-3 times and finally finished. Also looked good defensively in motion.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2017, 07:41:08 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

And 0 turnovers..
Yep, and in only 17 minutes.

Solid game for him by any reasonable standard.