Poll

12 guaranteed contracts: who gets the last three?

Semi
10 (30.3%)
Jabari Bird
3 (9.1%)
Mickey
0 (0%)
Kadeem Allen
0 (0%)
Yabu
9 (27.3%)
Landon Lucas
0 (0%)
Jonas
0 (0%)
Nader
8 (24.2%)
Jackson
2 (6.1%)
Someone else
1 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: August 21, 2017, 08:29:50 AM

Author Topic: Last three roster spots  (Read 848 times)

Last three roster spots
« on: July 12, 2017, 08:29:50 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Better Poll than the other thread.

Curious to see what everyone thinks for the last three spots.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: Last three roster spots
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 08:35:13 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't even know why Semi is in this poll.  He's signing a 3 or 4-year deal with guaranteed money in year 1 and no less than a partial in year 2.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 08:42:25 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
I don't even know why Semi is in this poll.  He's signing a 3 or 4-year deal with guaranteed money in year 1 and no less than a partial in year 2.

Same with Yabu.  He's pretty much a lock at this point
I'm bitter.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Bitter salt, then simply nominate their names. I am not sure why they would not be in this poll about the last three open slots.

Now, if this poll were about the FINAL open place, I would understand your puzzlement.

For me, the toss up is between Jackson and Nader.

But I am pleased by the depth of this team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:51:01 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
OK. I didn't see any media about Semi getting a deal. Doesn't surprise though. He's looked great.

Yabu isn't signed yet..granted he is the front runner, but it's not so much who will be on there, it's who you want on there
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
OK. I didn't see any media about Semi getting a deal. Doesn't surprise though. He's looked great.

Yabu isn't signed yet..granted he is the front runner, but it's not so much who will be on there, it's who you want on there

Oh, it's not "official", but they will have the cap room to do so after signing Hayward, and that's how they've operated in the past with their early second-round picks.  It's just going to happen.

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 09:04:50 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Bitter salt, then simply nominate their names. I am not sure why they would not be in this poll about the last three open slots.

Now, if this poll were about the FINAL open place, I would understand your puzzlement.

For me, the toss up is between Jackson and Nader.

But I am pleased by the depth of this team.

My point is that there isn't a debate about the last three spots, or if there is, Semi is roster spot 12.  He's ahead of Theis in the pecking order, for one.  I do think that Yabusele isn't the lock Semi is, as if he were, they'd have signed him to his rookie deal like Tatum and Zizic.  The only reason Semi hasn't signed is because the team isn't sure how much money they can give him in year one, which might affect the amount of guarantees in subsequent years.  But he'll be on the roster, and from the way Stevens talked last night, it sounds like he won't be taking he Downeaster between Portland and Boston all that often.