Author Topic: Jordan Bell (pick 38): 5 pts, 11 rb, 5 assists, 6 blocks, 5 steals (5x5)  (Read 2393 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
https://mobile.twitter.com/GSWdelivery/status/884962995356418049

Danny passed on him to get semi  :( instead the warriors got him for cash.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:23:21 PM by CelticsElite »

Re: Jordan Bell: 5 pts, 7 rb, 5 assists, 5 blocks, 5 steals (5x5)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:50 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
There is probably some random member of some random Warriors board talking about what a great fit Semi would be on the Warriors, especially following his shooting performance vs the Lakers.

I can see it now...

Myers could've spent some cash to get Semi....he just had 19 points, shooting 6-for-13 from the field and 5-for-9 from three-point range vs LA

:( instead the warriors spent cash on an undersized player who has no offense and can't spead the floor

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:07:04 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
There is probably some random member of some random Warriors board talking about what a great fit Semi would be on the Warriors, especially following his shooting performance vs the Lakers.

I can see it now...

Myers could've spent some cash to get Semi....he just had 19 points, shooting 6-for-13 from the field and 5-for-9 from three-point range vs LA

:( instead the warriors spent cash on an undersized player who has no offense and can't spead the floor
lol true but that 38 pick was being shopped for cash, we could have had both bell and semi

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:13:18 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

I can see it now...

lol true but that 38 pick was being shopped for cash, we could have had both bell and semi

Hayward
Horford
Thomas
Brown
Crowder

Morris
Taytum
Baynes
Rozier
Smart

Zizic
Yabu
Semi

Since you're not going to cut any of the above players, you'll have to cut 4 out of the ones below. Plus, this would mean that we wouldn't have the roster space to add any veteran minimum type guys that would actually help us. Plus x2, with the roster above where exactly would Bell receive minutes? Unless your plan is to put him in the G-League, where he'll be losing minutes/stunting the growth of other project type players (Yabu, Semi, Zizic).

Nader
Jackson
Mickey
Allen
Bird

Bottom line...5 rookies (Yabu, Tatum, Zizic, Semi, and Bell) would be a bad proposition for a team that's trying to make it to Finals.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 11:44:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

I can see it now...

Hayward
Horford
Thomas
Brown
Crowder

Morris
Taytum
Baynes
Rozier
Smart

Zizic
Yabu
Semi

Since you're not going to cut any of the above players, you'll have to cut 4 out of the ones below. Plus, this would mean that we wouldn't have the roster space to add any veteran minimum type guys that would actually help us. Plus x2, with the roster above where exactly would Bell receive minutes? Unless your plan is to put him in the G-League, where he'll be losing minutes/stunting the growth of other project type players (Yabu, Semi, Zizic).

Nader
Jackson
Mickey
Allen
Bird

Bottom line...5 rookies (Yabu, Tatum, Zizic, Semi, and Bell) would be a bad proposition for a team that's trying to make it to Finals.
Actually I think the two roster spots set up for two way contracts could go to Bird and Allen. Then I believe Jackson and Mickey are history and that Nader makes the team.  That means Theis, Tatum, Zizic, Yabusele, Nader, Bird and Allen will make the team. Thats 7 out of 17 spots taken by rookies. 41% of the roster takeofup by players that never played in an NBA game. Tatum, Theis and Zizic better play well enough to make a difference because otherwise, this team fould be in trouble due to lack of depth.

Re: Jordan Bell: 5 pts, 11 rb, 5 assists, 6 blocks, 5 steals (5x5)
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 10:14:16 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Someone wrote this on another board which I agree with:

I love Semi Ojeleye, but man I think passing on Bell will be huge for Ainge and the Celtics. I said before the draft that Bell would be the prototypical non-freshman that drops in the draft, and has GM's scratching their heads years later.

Bell has the makeup of a good modern smallball center, and his speed and athleticism allows his to also play the 4. He has a 31 inch vert, 38' max, 6'9 in shoes, and will probably be a solid 240 by the time the season starts.

The thing that stood out to me the most about AB's game is his IQ. He's just a ball player who understands what he needs to do to better the team, and get others involved. You saw this with Oregons great run last year when they ran the offesne through him at times, and he consistently came up with big plays on both ends of the court.

He really did get drafte by the best team possible for him. He won't be asked to do too much on either end, he'll get to protect the rim and focus on rebounding, he will get easy points off of screens and in transition, and on top of that his fantastic court vision and passing for his position is a match made in heavan for this Warriors team. I can see Bell having an instant impact off the bench for the Dubz, getting anywhere from 15-23 minutes a night, and most likely will win the starting roll over Zaza next year.

Some people might think I'm over hyping this dude, but I think he's legit, and can see him putting up 8/8/3/1.5/1.5 for the Warriors in the next couple of years.

Bell- Jones

Green- Looney

KD

Thompson

Curry- McCaw

That will be the young core of the Warriors over the next few years. They habe done such a great job drafting and developing.

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Had my hopes set on Bell and/or TRob ... but looks like we're not into it.   :-[

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
One thing I want to point out -- because of a quirk in the luxury tax rules, the Warriors essentially got a $2.1 million discount of the $3.5 million they paid for Bell

Rookie and second-year free agents who are paid less than the second-year minimum (this year $1.47 million) count as the aecond-year minimum in luxury tax calculations.  Since the Warriors bought Bell's draft rights, they reduced their luxury tax number  by $660k, and as they pay &3./5 for each dollar over the cap, that comes out to a shade of $2.1 million.  Accordingly, although the Warriors paid $3.5 million for the pick, they've saved $2.1 million in tax this year, and so have a net payment of $1.4 million.

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Bell has his strong points, but don't forget he had a bizarre non-effort on back to back missed free throws in the final 4 where he didn't box out and didn't get the rebound. I don't think he'll ever be anything but an end of the bench player.