Author Topic: NBA Power Rankings as of 7/10/2017  (Read 1454 times)

NBA Power Rankings as of 7/10/2017
« on: July 17, 2017, 09:47:17 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-power-rankings-warriors-are-no-1-duh-where-do-free-agency-players-land/

Something to keep an eye on between now and start of season. Can't argue TOO MUCH about this list.

Teams we have invested interest in come in:
5th worst team: Brooklyn
8th worst team: LAL

I think the bottom 5 are a coin flip.

This thread should be updated monthly to reflect player movement, injuries, etc.

Re: NBA Power Rankings as of 7/10/2017
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 10:54:30 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I find it dumb.. "before the Avery Bradley trade they were No. 4 here"

We dont get Hayward if we dont trade Bradley. Its not a separate move.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 10:55:49 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
The bottom 5 are all in the East.  Even though the Lakers are 8th worst, they are 2nd worst in the West.  I'd say 70% chance we get the Lakers pick. 

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:16 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Magic, pacers, bulls, and maybe hawks will end up better than Lakers. Not only do these   teams  got talent, they play in the weak east. They can't all lose all their games.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 12:37:37 PM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I don't get why I keep seeing everyone as having the magic being worse this year than last year. I think they will be bad again but they are young and while they don't have a roster that seems like it is well put together, it is essentially the same roster that won 9 More games than the nets last year and should improve slightly off young players making improvements.

I don't see how that many teams could have gotten worse than the nets, 8 game differential between the nets and the next worse team in the east last year, the nets have little improving young talent and lost their best player. If they are any better than 14th in the east I would be surprised.

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 01:20:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I don't get why I keep seeing everyone as having the magic being worse this year than last year. I think they will be bad again but they are young and while they don't have a roster that seems like it is well put together, it is essentially the same roster that won 9 More games than the nets last year and should improve slightly off young players making improvements.

I don't see how that many teams could have gotten worse than the nets, 8 game differential between the nets and the next worse team in the east last year, the nets have little improving young talent and lost their best player. If they are any better than 14th in the east I would be surprised.

TP - I agree.

I am not sure how replacing an all-star level big man who can spread the floor with a semi-bust lottery pick and a big plodding back-up center has improved the Nets from worst to 5th worst. I guess Jeremy Lin fever is about to take hold again, but the Nets have all the makings of a super-tank team...without any incentive to tank.

All the other lower-tier teams at least have young talent they can hope to blossom. Heck, the Nets couldn't even land KCP.

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 01:22:20 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

LOL and the Nets lost arguably their best player. They will struggle to win 20 games in my mind.

After watching Lonzo play "defense" this SL, I think you can safely say adding him to their already dead-last team defense will not have much of a positive impact lol. They'll struggle to win more than 25 games..

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 01:39:37 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Magic, pacers, bulls, and maybe hawks will end up better than Lakers. Not only do these   teams  got talent, they play in the weak east. They can't all lose all their games.
The power rankings are not based on the records teams will finish with. It's understood the EC is a weaker conference so teams that may end up with a worse record may actually have a higher power ranking than some team(s) with a lower power ranking.