Author Topic: Jahlil Okafor  (Read 11628 times)

Re: Jahlil Okafor
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2017, 08:23:31 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
We already have a developmental big in Zizic. Okafor would be dead weight/end of bench fodder and get zero minutes. If they do sign another big man, it'll be a minimum vet lockeroom type of guy imo
Okafor has shown more talent and flashes of actual ability than Zizic. Okafor is only 1 year older. Also, Okafor has a 7'6.25'' wingspan and Zizic has a 7'2'' wingspan and both have the same standing reach.

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2017, 08:37:31 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What is the infatuation with Okafor on this blog? If he was going to be traded here it would have happened by now. He isn't going to be a Celtic. Just let it go already. He is a Sixer and he sucks. Let it stay that way and just let it go!!!!

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2017, 08:39:06 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
What is the infatuation with Okafor on this blog? If he was going to be traded here it would have happened by now. He isn't going to be a Celtic. Just let it go already. He is a Sixer and he sucks. Let it stay that way and just let it go!!!!
This x100
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2017, 10:23:54 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
We already have a developmental big in Zizic. Okafor would be dead weight/end of bench fodder and get zero minutes. If they do sign another big man, it'll be a minimum vet lockeroom type of guy imo
He has the talent and the physical tools (7'6'' wingspan and 9'3'' standing reach) to be an effective defender and extend his offensive game.

Okafor has shown more talent and flashes of actual ability than Zizic. Okafor is only 1 year older. Also, Okafor has a 7'6.25'' wingspan and Zizic has a 7'2'' wingspan and both have the same standing reach.

Apparently your infatuation for the scrub has caused his wingspan and standing reach to grow.

The last time he was measured (2014 Hoop Summit) Okafor had a 7'5" wingspan and 9'2 ½ standing reach. Also, Zizic has a 7'2 '1/2" wingspan has a 9'3" standing reach.

Regardless, Zizic has shown a lot more potential than Okafor in terms of rebounding and interior defense. You know, things that we're actually weak on. Okafor is a one tick pony in an age where that one trick is obsolete. It's kind of like having the best flip-phone around.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:32:11 PM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2017, 10:38:31 PM »

• Ray Allen
He has the talent and the physical tools (7'6'' wingspan and 9'3'' standing reach) to be an effective defender and extend his offensive game.

Apparently your infatuation for the scrub has caused his wingspan and standing reach to grow.

The last time he was measured (2014 Hoop Summit) Okafor had a 7'5" wingspan and 9'2 ½ standing reach. Also, Zizic 7'2 '1/2" wingspan has 9'3".

Regardless, Zizic has shown a lot more potential than Okafor in terms of rebounding and interior defense. You know, things that we're actually weak on. Okafor is a one tick pony in an age where that one trick is obsolete. It's kind of like having the best flip-phone around.
So Okafor has never measured a 7'6.25'' wingspan and 9'3'' standing reach?

These are the same measurements I have always used w/ Okafor and it just shows how desperate you are to prove Zizic is better than Okafor. I guess that is what I should expect after calling Myles Turner......remember that one. I caught the same crap from novices like you and now Turner is the face of that franchise.

All that matters is that Okafors ROI is large. If his game got better and the asking price went way up I wouldn't want him anymore. The same was the case with Myles Turner when he was the 11th pick.

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2017, 10:50:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The last time he was measured (2014 Hoop Summit) Okafor had a 7'5" wingspan and 9'2 ½ standing reach. Also, Zizic 7'2 '1/2" wingspan has 9'3".

These are the same measurements I have always used w/ Okafor and it just shows how desperate you are to prove Zizic is better than Okafor. I guess that is what I should expect after calling Myles Turner......remember that one. I caught the same crap from novices like you and now Turner is the face of that franchise.

All that matters is that Okafors ROI is large. If his game got better and the asking price went way up I wouldn't want him anymore. The same was the case with Myles Turner when he was the 11th pick.

Not sure what you're talking about since I was actually always very high on Turner. That said, Tuner's ability to defend was never in question. Okafor was protected in Duke with the heavy zone they ran that year.

I would take Zizic over Okafor because he has a skill set that is easily integrated in the team (rebounding, interior D).

Okafor's value is low and it's for good reason. He's shown to be a bad NBA player and a bust of a pick. It's okay to let this one go already. You've harped on this long enough. Where's the white flag?

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2017, 10:53:46 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
With Baynes and Zizic on board, I would rather go after a backup PF. What about Noah Vonleh? Makes $3.5 million in the last year of his contract. 6-9 with a 7-3 wingspan. Made strides in his 3rd year in the league. Rebounded pretty well in 17 mins per game.

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2017, 11:20:35 PM »

• Ray Allen

Not sure what you're talking about since I was actually always very high on Turner. That said, Tuner's ability to defend was never in question. Okafor was protected in Duke with the heavy zone they ran that year.

I would take Zizic over Okafor because he has a skill set that is easily integrated in the team (rebounding, interior D).

Okafor's value is low and it's for good reason. He's shown to be a bad NBA player and a bust of a pick. It's okay to let this one go already. You've harped on this long enough. Where's the white flag?
This is what you should have said to begin with because I AGREE and understand where you are coming from. I'm not Okafor's mother/#1 fanboy...but I am a fanboy/obsessed with players that can provide a high Return On Investment for this team. Right now that just so happens to be Okafor IMO.
I can see where you are coming from, can you see my side at all?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrYQsrjwOgw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZihwmQ3PaC8&t=336s

I see a guy that is possibly on the verge to extending his shooting range ( his shot is not broken or anything) and has shown flashes in actual NBA games to lead me to this. Also, his defense has been so bad but IMO the kid is a legit basketball player and with his elite length and size should be able to be an effective defender.
On the C's he would be on a contending team and would have to "put-up or shut-up" and he would have to follow CBS system. He would have Horford, among others, to help him and be perfect mentors for him. He would be back on a winning team and would not have to play a ton of minutes stringed together, like in Philly.

BTW. Were you on the Myles Turner train. A few of us PM'd eachother bc we were getting harassed like crazy. "He runs funny" and "He's just a stuff that can't even run or jump". Even when we showed the medical reports from the hip/gait dr and showed that Turner had 2 years and the problem would be resolved. Funny no one ever likes to say that they didn't like him bc he ran funny anymore.