Author Topic: Tired of ESPN's Body Issue photos/ashamed of IT  (Read 18694 times)

Re: Tired of ESPN's Body Issue photos/ashamed of IT
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Yes, the human body is unnatural and we should all be ashamed and afraid of it because reasons.
or how about not being shoved naked gross pics when some of us try to relax watching a sports game.

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 02:56:00 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
I said the same thing the other day when I saw it. They are using it to push their agenda. I wouldn't be surprised if they had Bruce Jenner on it next year.

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 02:58:47 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
We live in a world of perverts. It's sickening.  And if Gordy is ever in it, Robyn better be to.

This might be the most genius thing I've ever read on here lol

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 03:03:04 PM »

Offline SaCaCh

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
Our snow flake country get snow flakier every day...wow

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 03:04:09 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Yes, the human body is unnatural and we should all be ashamed and afraid of it because reasons.
or how about not being shoved naked gross pics when some of us try to relax watching a sports game.
Exactly. The human body is super gross and something to be hidden at all times. Very unnatural to see something like that.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 03:05:17 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

I don't care to see those pics either, but to say they're gross?  Ummm.... no. 

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
It's the human body,  not ****. So you consider 'David' ****?

That's a different topic to a point, but I don't see statues of David on ESPN. This isn't art. It's trying to push extremes and filth. That's what Disney does anymore sadly. The human body should be covered, however at the least I shouldn't have to have that pop up in my face without choosing to go see it.

Just because YOU don't think it's art doesn't mean it isn't. You don't get to decide what's art for everyone else. You don't like it? Don't look and shut the heck up. When you have a problem with Disney then perhaps it's time to look at the root causes of your own squeamishness.

By the way, if you want to see filth I'm sure we can direct you to some more entertaining sites.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2017, 03:13:02 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
It's the human body. Nothing gross about it.

You don't like it? Fine. Just because you are uncomfortable and want to shield your kids is a sad excuse to call it trash.

And quite frankly, it's not like they show any private parts etc. They all pose.

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
lol all the robots sound the same. "its just the human body get over it." this is the defense argument people use when they have no defense. You can also make sex and violence acceptable. "its just sex!" "its just violence" "its just a cuss word"

I don't want to see ITs human body.. I want to see a game. With kids. We don't want perverted art. We want a game

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2017, 03:15:48 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Wow..

Trying to tell people what Art is according to your personal opinions is one thing..
But to be a Celtic fan and Say you are ashamed of IT..  Especially considering everything that man went through.. You are "Ashamed" at him for expressing himself.. 
you are simply tired of ESPN (though you continue to check it obviously) but you are ashemed of IT.

Mindblowing.

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2017, 03:21:34 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't like it, but I don't like any of the singularly focused "theme" issues ESPN puts out. I like reading about sports.

Same thing with SI.

It doesn't offend me, but I do think it's a silly thing to make the leap topic on the ESPN website.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2017, 03:26:01 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Pretty much.

You don't like it, scroll passed it. Crisis solved.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2017, 03:30:15 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
lol all the robots sound the same. "its just the human body get over it." this is the defense argument people use when they have no defense. You can also make sex and violence acceptable. "its just sex!" "its just violence" "its just a cuss word"

I don't want to see ITs human body.. I want to see a game. With kids. We don't want perverted art. We want a game
Perfect analogy. Images of a body not covered in clothes is exactly the same as violence.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

I mean, actually, ad hominems, like this one, are the arguments people use when they have no defense.

I don't see what the big deal is. If you don't like it, then don't view it or let your kids view it. Don't try and dictate the values and "conceptions of the good" of other people.

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2017, 03:39:34 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It's the human body,  not ****. So you consider 'David' ****?

That's a different topic to a point, but I don't see statues of David on ESPN. This isn't art. It's trying to push extremes and filth. That's what Disney does anymore sadly. The human body should be covered, however at the least I shouldn't have to have that pop up in my face without choosing to go see it.

Just because YOU don't think it's art doesn't mean it isn't. You don't get to decide what's art for everyone else. You don't like it? Don't look and shut the heck up. When you have a problem with Disney then perhaps it's time to look at the root causes of your own squeamishness.

By the way, if you want to see filth I'm sure we can direct you to some more entertaining sites.
Right here is exactly the problem. They don't allow me the choice not to look at it. And to say shut the heck up is exactly what's wrong with things these days. You're all for freedom of expression and choice as long as they agree with you. If not then shut the heck up. People's freedom extends to the point that it takes away others freedoms. You can't choose to force your beliefs on others. I'm not trying to say you can't look at this if you choose to. I'm just saying I shouldn't be forced to. So when I go on a sports page I shouldn't be forced to look at naked butts.