Author Topic: Tired of ESPN's Body Issue photos/ashamed of IT  (Read 18700 times)

Tired of ESPN's Body Issue photos/ashamed of IT
« on: July 09, 2017, 01:51:14 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'm not sure about anyone else, but I am fed up with having to open up ESPN online and the first thing I see in large image are naked photos of men and women. What on Earth have we come to in society where this is okay?! How do we tolerate this? Don't want to hear the false argument that it is somehow art. It's soft core **** plain and simple. I shouldn't have to look over my shoulder when I'm logging in to check doors scores or stories to see if my children are behind me. Please do as I did and send an email to support@espn.com to voice your desire for them to get this crap off there. This is why their group is imploding. No values and loss of focus of why they're there.

Re: Tired of ESPN's Body Issue photos/ashamed of IT
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 01:58:54 PM »

Offline unclebay

• NCE
  • Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
It's the human body,  not ****. So you consider 'David' ****?

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 02:03:57 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It's the human body,  not ****. So you consider 'David' ****?

That's a different topic to a point, but I don't see statues of David on ESPN. This isn't art. It's trying to push extremes and filth. That's what Disney does anymore sadly. The human body should be covered, however at the least I shouldn't have to have that pop up in my face without choosing to go see it.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 02:04:16 PM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
ya i just saw the womens' hockey team on the front page. ESPN leads the 18-54 year old men viewership on primetime TV, so that's who they're adhering to im guessing (but they definitely have men up there too).

i dont think it's all that bad tbh. they're pretty well censored. i wouldnt put in the NSFW category.

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 02:06:48 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I receive ESPN magazine every month. I stuck my issue of The Body Issue in the recycling bin without opening it. I've got nothing against it personally, but I've got two young kids and it's not appropriate for them. I don't want to risk them opening it (they are incredibly curious especially my seven year old boy). Others may have different opinions and that's fine.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
I think the Body Issue is dumb and pointless, but I think you may be overreacting a bit concluding that this somehow showcases a lack of morals from ESPN.

I don't go to SI.com, but out of curiosity do they plaster their front page with bewbs during the month that the swimsuit edition comes out?

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 02:44:40 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its gross and obscene. People want to check sports scores with kids around have to explain things to kids.

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 02:46:24 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I think the Body Issue is dumb and pointless, but I think you may be overreacting a bit concluding that this somehow showcases a lack of morals from ESPN.

I don't go to SI.com, but out of curiosity do they plaster their front page with bewbs during the month that the swimsuit edition comes out?
so 2 wrongs make a right?

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
We live in a world of perverts. It's sickening.  And if Gordy is ever in it, Robyn better be to.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73

I'm not getting what you are trying to imply there? 

I'm just wondering if SI.com does the same thing or not; I don't recall people being as upset with the swimsuit edition as they are with the body issue, so I'm actually under the assumption that SI doesn't constantly plaster those images on their front page.  I believe that the swimsuit edition is a separate annual magazine as opposed to taking up a regular magazine slot like ESPN does it, but again I don't use SI so I'm not certain/

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2017, 02:53:32 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
The "its just the human body get over it" argument is null because some of us go to watch sports and don't want to be bombarded with obscene pictures like that. And I can totally understand those with kids watching espn. Its disrespectful. I didn't want to see that stuff.

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 02:53:55 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Yes, the human body is unnatural and we should all be ashamed and afraid of it because reasons.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 02:54:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I'm not getting what you are trying to imply there? 

I'm just wondering if SI.com does the same thing or not; I don't recall people being as upset with the swimsuit edition as they are with the body issue, so I'm actually under the assumption that SI doesn't constantly plaster those images on their front page.  I believe that the swimsuit edition is a separate annual magazine as opposed to taking up a regular magazine slot like ESPN does it, but again I don't use SI so I'm not certain/
I'm not sure about that either

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm not a fan of it either, but it's not filth.