Author Topic: Lonzo Ball  (Read 5091 times)

Re: Lonzo Ball
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Conspiracy theory... Lonzo is being held out for something trivial or possibly nothing at all because the Lakers are more worried he'll put up more games like the first one and don't want to damage the hype train. If he throws down a couple more bombs like that first one they're talking bust. Just a thought.

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Conspiracy theory... Lonzo is being held out for something trivial or possibly nothing at all because the Lakers are more worried he'll put up more games like the first one and don't want to damage the hype train. If he throws down a couple more bombs like that first one they're talking bust. Just a thought.

They don't want him to be outplayed for a 3rd consecutive time by D'Aaron Fox.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

They don't want him to be outplayed for a 3rd consecutive time by D'Aaron Fox.
Yet another good reason for conspiracy!

Re: Lonzo ball
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 08:53:01 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
You could see how much better LA's ball movement was than ours when he was on the court. I still think he is going to be a really good player who will elevate his team's play. Disappointed with how little our ball movement is during SL games. Neither Brown nor Tatum are helping in that regard. Trying to do too much with the Ball rather than letting the game come to them.
I was struck by this last night. After watching Ball the night before easily find open shooter after open shooter, it was disappointing to watch our guys constantly miss open teammates and get way too many passes deflected.  And Jackson I thought played halfway decent compared to his Utah performance.

The key with Ball will be the shot but you can say that about a lot of guys coming into the league.  No one can shoot it seems save for Tatum.

Re: Lonzo ball
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 08:59:00 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2541
You could see how much better LA's ball movement was than ours when he was on the court. I still think he is going to be a really good player who will elevate his team's play. Disappointed with how little our ball movement is during SL games. Neither Brown nor Tatum are helping in that regard. Trying to do too much with the Ball rather than letting the game come to them.
I was struck by this last night. After watching Ball the night before easily find open shooter after open shooter, it was disappointing to watch our guys constantly miss open teammates and get way too many passes deflected.  And Jackson I thought played halfway decent compared to his Utah performance.

The key with Ball will be the shot but you can say that about a lot of guys coming into the league.  No one can shoot it seems save for Tatum.

There's a self-fulfilling human nature element to this.  If you are playing with a guy who you KNOW is looking to pass, you work to find a way to get open.   If you are playing with guys who are clearly opting for iso opportunities -- looking to shoot... you tend to watch the play and stand still.  It only takes a few times up and down the court to establish the "culture".   Heck, I experience that in pick-up games all the time.

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2017, 09:41:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
lavar truly is a flaming Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.. and adidas has at least one gutless employee.

http://deadspin.com/lavar-ball-throws-hissy-fit-gets-female-referee-replac-1797339573
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2017, 09:49:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25617
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
lavar truly is a flaming ****. and adidas has at least one gutless employee.

http://deadspin.com/lavar-ball-throws-hissy-fit-gets-female-referee-replac-1797339573

Before a shoe company signs Lonzo, they better make dang sure they have a rock solid termination clause related to Lavar's conduct. He's already spouting off gender and racially charged language. At what point does that make Lonzo untouchable as a brand?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes